TN: 2015 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Durant Vineyard

My first Goodfellow and I am smitten. Been working on this for about an hour now. Popped and let sit open for about 30 minutes before first glass. Yum-o.

• 2015 Goodfellow Family Cellars Pinot Noir Durant Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (4/30/2020)
    Such a beautiful nose right out of the gate. Raspberry and cherry and an exotic spice and floral perfume. Really sexy (yeah, I said that). Very elegant on the palate, weightless, but it lingers with black cherry and a slight salinity. Such pleasing palate presence. Yet it still feels young as it begins to tighten a bit with air and reveal some structure. But I don’t want to put it down!!!

Posted from CellarTracker

Wish I had come to this winery a while ago.

Better late than never.

+1 All day. [cheers.gif]

Yum. 2015 was the warmest year on record in the Willamette Valley but Marcus still managed some very restrained if more fruit forward wines. Haven’t visited this wine in a while but the SVD Durant and Whistling Ridge’s never disappoint me. 13 and 17 are my favorite vintages of the decade so far but the 18 is looking strong at this point.

Sean- thanks for the additional info. I can see the fruit-forward point coming on. I have some '17 an '18 to look forward to as well. Cheers.

+1 totally. Great note Dennis. I totally agree with weightless and elegant and the salinity. Some of my favorite characteristics of Marcus’ wines. I stumbled across a 2015 Ribbon Ridge PN last year and loved it. I just love the tension in Marcus’ wines, across the board. I had his 2018 Blanc two nights ago and it was just electric. [cheers.gif]

Goodfellow gets a lot of love on this board and it’s still not enough. Truly benchmark stuff.

was hoping there would be a full review here when I saw the post on instagram. Love everything ive ever had from Marcus and Megan

Just got my cellar defenders today! Case of 2017 WV Pinot and Chard

Thanks, Jason.

[cheers.gif]

Those are great, drank through over a 1.5 cases of the 2017 cellar defenders. As much as I like Marcus’ SVD wines, there is just such great value in his appellation wines. For ~$20 they are hard to beat and are perennial favorites along with Vincent and Cameron.

PSA: 2018 Cameron Dundee Pinot Noir is out. Get it fast before its gone. There is a smaller quantity this year than other recent vintages so its going to sell out even faster than Normal. Some of the usual suspects don’t have it yet but at least one of them released it yesterday.

Sean

Welcome aboard Dennis. As noted previously, 2015 was a hot vintage and the fact that Marcus was able to keep the heat/ripeness in check speaks to his skill and style preferences.

RT

[cheers.gif]

I’ve always followed the recommendations of this board. I ended up with allocations such as Becklyn, Maybach, MacDonald, and others.
And now… I just signed up for the Goodfellow list.

Just had the '15 Whistling Ridge PN a few weeks ago and it was also singing. Great fruit but certainly not a fruit bomb. Impeccable balance and acid-driven structure which I think Marcus always delivers.

Sshhhhhhh

Best QPR Pinot Noir in the world IMO.

Thank you for the great note Dennis!

I’ve always enjoyed your posts, and am really happy the 15 Durant was on point for you. It’s a tremendous vineyard and a staple wine for us.

Thanks, Marcus! Looking forward to the others. Off to a good start. Be well!

I’ll be opening a 2015 Richard’s Cuvée later, stay tuned :slight_smile:

Had the 2015 WV Pinot a couple of nights so and honestly Goodfellow is becoming my go to. I’ve never had a bad one. In fact, they have all been a joy to drink.