de Negoce offer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
<hr!s.L

Re: de Negoce offer

#8951 Post by <hr!s.L »

I cannot for the life of me find a wine that fits the description of N.139 - not even one to meet a couple variables together (like similar varietal blend and one of the vineyards) - let alone fitting all the known details at once (price point, vineyards, varietal blend, oak). Closest is Januik, but it's not that close (Champoux only, 86% CS, 11% Merlot, 3% Malbec for the 2016, $55).

Perhaps as someone speculated earlier there is no one-to-one match for this wine and it is a blend of wines.
L @ n g l 0 i s

<hr!s.L

#8952 Post by <hr!s.L »

Toby P wrote: March 17th, 2021, 2:51 pm ...usually Cam will mention if one offer is the same producer as another.
I wouldn't necessarily count on Cam connecting separate offers when there's a single producer. For example, OG N.76, 80 and 123 have never been linked together by Cam, though 80 and 138 were. He also didn't round up and connect all the dots between offers 97-99 and 101-105 until offer N.106. I would imagine there are other releases that have come from the same source which we don’t know about and Cam hasn’t mentioned.
L @ n g l 0 i s

<hr!s.L

#8953 Post by <hr!s.L »

(Last post - apologies for spamming the thread!)

A couple of points that might support Buty as the source of the juice (be warned, the connective tissue is not terribly strong):

For both offers N.139 and N.140, the praise for the producer(s) is measured, i.e. “one of Washington States most-respected producers" (for N.139) and “one of the Districts benchmark producers" (for N.140).

Most Respected (N.139)
"Founded in 2000 by Nina Buty and Caleb Foster, Buty quickly became one of the most respected wineries in the state.”

https://westseattlewinecellars.com/2016 ... mber-2016/

"Chris (Dowsett) has gone from being a “rising star” (Review of Washington Wines) to “Washington's Best Worst-Kept Secret” (Seattle Weekly) to one of its most...respected winemakers."

https://www.butywinery.com/assets/clien ... ttBio1.pdf

Benchmark (N.140)
"Today, Buty’s sought-after, limited-production wines are recognized as benchmarks for quality..."
https://www.butywinery.com/Winery/History

"Buty’s wines have earned acclaim for their soulfulness and blending artistry, and are recognized as benchmarks for quality..."
https://www.butywinery.com/Trade

Offer for N.139 repeats the terms grace, elegance, power and precision.

"Buty Winery was founded on the belief in the artistry of the blend....“It seemed such blends could be a summation of power, grace and nuance,” said Nina."
- https://vintnerproject.com/people/buty- ... -a-bottle/

Nothing close to definitive, but I suppose it's possible Buty is the source for N.139. Buty has received a lot of scores centered in the range of 91-93. Also, from the tech sheet for 2010 Buty Champoux Cabernet Sauvignon: “Because Champoux was replanted after the 2010 harvest, this will be our last Champoux wine for several vintages.” Did they begin sourcing it again? It’s all tenuous at best.
L @ n g l 0 i s

J. Patrick Lynch

#8954 Post by J. Patrick Lynch »

This offer was a text-only for me in case anyone missed it:
https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-lo ... ottle-case

OG Lot 168 2018 Dry Creek Zinfandel 12-bottle case $132.00
Like your Dry Creek Zinfandel big and bold but with boutique producer attention to detail? Today's release is from one of Dry Creek's defining producers - a small, family run outfit focused on making big, rich and expressive Zinfandel and Petite Sirah's but on a small scale.

At it since the 80's, I've long been a fan of the wines but, since their productions are so small, I rarely run into them on the bulk market other than for the odd squirrely barrel or two. Fruit-driven, expressive and bold but always balanced, I am quite pleased to be able to offer you a couple hundred cases of kick-ass 2018 Dry Creek Zinfandel. This is the producer's finished blend which sells for $36/bottle, yours today for $11/bottle, $132/case.

Wonderfully aromatic already with robust bourbon-soaked cherry, sweet tobacco leaf, a kiss of thyme and classic, Dry Creek foothill spice. Juicy, open-knit and absolutely delicious with cherry and raspberry and caramel notes from the well-deployed American oak splaying out in a long, harmonious finish. This is a classic style, pure and resinous, driven by oak-elevated, not oak-dominated fruit.

98% Zinfandel, 2% Petite Sirah
35% new American oak
15.4% alc.
250 cases available
Bottles April 5th, 2021
J @ c k

J Vannes

#8955 Post by J Vannes »

In for a case of this, as I am weak on all matters Dry Creek Zin. 10 cases left as i write.
Of all the Jeffs you know, I'm the Jeffest.

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8956 Post by John O' »

J Vannes wrote: March 18th, 2021, 2:55 pm In for a case of this, as I am weak on all matters Dry Creek Zin. 10 cases left as i write.
me too. The 61 Dry Creek is so freaking enjoyable I'm happy to spin the wheel again.
O Sullivan

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8957 Post by John O' »

deleted
Last edited by John O' on March 19th, 2021, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
O Sullivan

timmy roos
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8958 Post by timmy roos »

It’s So good you feel the need to quote yourself to hear it again😜

I agree it’s good but haven’t tried since january
Things are getting funny these day

<hr!s.L

#8959 Post by <hr!s.L »

OG Lot 177 2020 Russian River Valley Rose of Pinot Noir 12-bottle case
$108.00

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-lo ... Y29tIn0%3D

Russian River Rosé of Pinot Noir made from $70/bottle ultra-premium Pinot Noir fruit for just $9/bottle? Yes, please.

Sourced from a legendary vineyard in the Russian River Valley, these folks decided not to take any chances with smoke taint and produced a Rosé from their incredible Pinot Noir fruit (without maceration with the skins, smoke compounds are generally not extracted into the wine...which is why you are likely to see quite a bit of Rosé of Cabernet from Napa Valley this year).

Of course, they make a rose every year anyhow so this is all de rigeur for them; however, selling 150 cases is one thing, selling 1000 is another. Needless to say, we purchased the remainder and have it here on offer today. They price their wine just over $30/bottle (they've already released the 2020) and I have ours on offer today for $9/bottle, $108/case. We bottle in April and should ship out later in the month.

This Rose of Pinot Noir is flat out gorgeous and one of the prettiest Rosé's you'll see (sorry I don't have a bottle image but our designer is buried in label development). It's aged in neutral oak for about 5 months and comes out a lovely, pale salmon color. The bouquet is crisp and beautifully expressive with rose petal, watermelon, and crisp strawberry with hints of lemon verbena and grapefruit. Its smooth, almost creamy, on the palate with pretty, pure, nuanced fruit laid out over soft, mineral tannins that finish with a crisp, delicate elegance and sustained sucosité. Fantastic! Or, I should say, Fantastique!

100% Rose of Pinot Noir, 100% Russian River Valley, 100% Estate fruit
100% Neutral French oak barrel aged for 5-months
13% alc.
600 cases available
Scheduled to bottle April 6th, 2021
L @ n g l 0 i s

<hr!s.L

#8960 Post by <hr!s.L »

I believe this is Hartford Court Rosé of Pinot Noir (retail $30) sourced from Fog Dance Vineyard. The Hartford Court Fog Dance Vineyard Pinot Noir retails for $70.
https://www.hartfordwines.com/wines/jur ... eyard-rose

The 2019 Hartford Court Rosé of Pinot Noir scored a 95 from Wine Enthusiast.
https://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/ha ... er-valley/

Cam's notes:
"...pale salmon color. The bouquet is crisp and beautifully expressive with rose petal, watermelon, and crisp strawberry with hints of lemon verbena and grapefruit.

From WE's review:
"This impressively complex wine is breezy in lemon, grapefruit and strawberry flavors, with quenching acidity lifting it up. Salmon in color, it unfurls a balanced texture of richness and crispness with ease, lasting on the palate and mind."

389 cases left right now
L @ n g l 0 i s

Toby P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8961 Post by Toby P »

Cam says the winery prices at just over $30 though, Hartford Court is exactly $30. Also DN rose is 100% neutral French Oak vs Hartford using stainless steel + finishing in 25% french
P r a t t

<hr!s.L

#8962 Post by <hr!s.L »

Oh, interesting. I missed the "just over" part and glossed over the cooperage details.

Still price is close, the 2020 vintage is available from the winery, the grapes come from a premium $70 pinot, and the tasting notes match.
All that said, there may be a better fit out there...
L @ n g l 0 i s

Dan Anthony

#8963 Post by Dan Anthony »

My guess is Copain. Cam uses a few unnecessary French words in the description.

Their Les Voisins is 35/ bottle.

VINEYARD NOTES:
Sourced from our best Estate vineyards that are home to our incredible Pinot Noir vines. This wine blended from the dynamic duo of these two sites: Maggy Hawk and Edmeades.

The below Pinots are 70/ea

https://www.copainwines.com/wines/maggy-hawk-pinot-noir
https://www.copainwines.com/wines/edmeades-pinot-noir

J. Patrick Lynch

#8964 Post by J. Patrick Lynch »

Dan Anthony wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:54 am My guess is Copain. Cam uses a few unnecessary French words in the description.

Their Les Voisins is 35/ bottle.

VINEYARD NOTES:
Sourced from our best Estate vineyards that are home to our incredible Pinot Noir vines. This wine blended from the dynamic duo of these two sites: Maggy Hawk and Edmeades.

The below Pinots are 70/ea

https://www.copainwines.com/wines/maggy-hawk-pinot-noir
https://www.copainwines.com/wines/edmeades-pinot-noir
Les Voisins is Anderson Valley, not RR. As are the two pinots you listed.
J @ c k

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8965 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

If it was Copain I'd be all over this offer

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8966 Post by John O' »

timmy roos wrote: March 19th, 2021, 7:42 am It’s So good you feel the need to quote yourself to hear it again😜

I agree it’s good but haven’t tried since january
operator error
O Sullivan

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8967 Post by MatthewT »

I just got back from my wine storage aka former San Diego Padres locker.

What did I do? LOL. So many cases. Brought 5 mixed cases home to enjoy. But man, this is gonna take a few years!
I'm a Turk

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8968 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Happy Friday Matthew. Make some good food to go with that DN wine. Share the love with family and friends with that DN. Cheers, Tim

Rodrigo B
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#8969 Post by Rodrigo B »

MatthewT wrote: March 19th, 2021, 12:12 pm I just got back from my wine storage aka former San Diego Padres locker.

What did I do? LOL. So many cases. Brought 5 mixed cases home to enjoy. But man, this is gonna take a few years!
That's probably not a bad thing. Most of the dN wines I've tried seem to need some time to them. Enjoy the wines [cheers.gif]
B r @ g @

<hr!s.L

#8970 Post by <hr!s.L »

MatthewT wrote: March 19th, 2021, 12:12 pm I just got back from my wine storage aka former San Diego Padres locker.

I was sitting next to my mountain of wine yesterday and found it to be both a physical measure of my madness, and also, paradoxically, a source of solace. I love all this wine! But the size of my hoard feels like the material inverse of the hole in my soul. A reverse-negative mirror image of my inner emptiness, existing on the material plane.

Or maybe it's just wine....Or maybe it's both.

I think Timothy's advice of sharing and making merry is the key to staying light about it all. Happy Friday to everyone! [cheers.gif]
L @ n g l 0 i s

Nick F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8971 Post by Nick F. »

If anyone is chicagoland local, glad to sell as many bottles as I have...
feel free to reach out for list.
i a s c o n e

<hr!s.L

#8972 Post by <hr!s.L »

One other possibility for today's offer - Bucher 2020 Rosé of Pinot Noir Bucher Vineyard Russian River Valley.

https://bucher.wine/product/2020-rose-o ... noir-6pack

Available from the winery 6 bottles for $180.
12.3% ABV - within the acceptable range of the offer's 13%
128 cases produced - pretty close to Cam's offhand "selling 150 cases is one thing..."

There is an upper tier Bucher Vineyard bottling for $68, Pinot Noir Three Sixty Bucher Vineyard Russian River Valley
Several online references to Bucher Vineyard as "Legendary"
Total case production of their usual three Pinot Noir offerings is around 720 cases - probably the amount Cam has for this Rosé offer.
L @ n g l 0 i s

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8973 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Adam Lee of Siduri fame is the winemaker there too Chris. Anyways, I have plenty of Provence roses to drink along with some other DN whites. Pass on this offer.

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8974 Post by MatthewT »

<hr!s.L wrote: March 19th, 2021, 1:31 pm

I was sitting next to my mountain of wine yesterday and found it to be both a physical measure of my madness, and also, paradoxically, a source of solace. I love all this wine! But the size of my hoard feels like the material inverse of the hole in my soul. A reverse-negative mirror image of my inner emptiness, existing on the material plane.

Or maybe it's just wine....Or maybe it's both.

I think Timothy's advice of sharing and making merry is the key to staying light about it all. Happy Friday to everyone! [cheers.gif]
For sure. But I can't give this away now. "Make sure you decant for 12 hours first!" I kid, but really!

I could not be happier w/ my de Negoce experience. Well that's not true - the shipping stuff in the fall was really bad. But outside of that, the quality of the wine has been across the board outstanding.
I'm a Turk

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8975 Post by Luca Giupponi »

<hr!s.L wrote: March 19th, 2021, 1:48 pm One other possibility for today's offer - Bucher 2020 Rosé of Pinot Noir Bucher Vineyard Russian River Valley.

https://bucher.wine/product/2020-rose-o ... noir-6pack

Available from the winery 6 bottles for $180.
12.3% ABV - within the acceptable range of the offer's 13%
128 cases produced - pretty close to Cam's offhand "selling 150 cases is one thing..."

There is an upper tier Bucher Vineyard bottling for $68, Pinot Noir Three Sixty Bucher Vineyard Russian River Valley
Several online references to Bucher Vineyard as "Legendary"
Total case production of their usual three Pinot Noir offerings is around 720 cases - probably the amount Cam has for this Rosé offer.
If it's Boucher, that would be amazing. I just had their 2018 Rosé of Pinot Noir and it was outstanding. Their Pinot Noir is even better.

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8976 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8977 Post by mattcitrang »

OG N.103 2018 Walla Walla Malbec 12-bottle case $120.00
Ace Citrang10

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8978 Post by mattcitrang »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:42 am https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... Y29tIn0%3D

Walla Walla Cab Franc
Malbec?
Ace Citrang10

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8979 Post by ekwartler »

I assume Cougar Crest Estate Grown Malbec here. Retails for $32, fits with other wines attributed to Cougar Crest, etc. I bought a case; #102 is already fantastic and I'll jump at the chance to snag something outside DN's usual offerings.
E r i c

Randy Sanders

#8980 Post by Randy Sanders »

ekwartler wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:57 am I assume Cougar Crest Estate Grown Malbec here. Retails for $32, fits with other wines attributed to Cougar Crest, etc. I bought a case; #102 is already fantastic and I'll jump at the chance to snag something outside DN's usual offerings.
Yeah, I've been waiting for an opportunity to buy a N. American Malbec from Cam.
I think there's another one coming up too.

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8981 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

My bad- not enough sleep Fri nite.

t3matta

#8982 Post by t3matta »

So is Bucher the best bet for the Lot 177 Rosé? Ordered a case - very much looking forward to trying it.
T o n y

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8983 Post by Luca Giupponi »

OG N.149 2020 Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc
$132.00

A very Bordelais-style Sauvignon Blanc, this wine combines barrel-fermented and tank-fermented lots to produce a zesty bouquet and rich mid-palate weight while still maintaining the mouthwatering freshness we adore in Sauvignon Blanc. $25/bottle at the winery, yours for just $11/bottle, $132/case. 200 cases available. Its fabulous.

Zesty and complex bouquet with melon and apple notes riding grapefruit/gooseberry zest and honeysuckle blossom in a beautifully uplifted, bright and effusive bouquet. The 15% new French oak and lees stirring give the wine nice weight and texture on entry with richer white fruit profiles (honeyed pear and apple) and toasted nut notes. Pretty acidity provides a wonderful mineral lift that carries the wine to a long, lingering, blossomy finish.

100% Sauvignon Blanc
25% barrel fermented (75% new French oak in that portion, 15% overall blend), 75% stainless steel fermented.
13.9% alc.
200 cases available
Scheduled bottling date April 9th. Will ship late April, early May.

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... ottle-case

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8984 Post by Mike R »

Luca Giupponi wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:08 am OG N.149 2020 Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc
$132.00

A very Bordelais-style Sauvignon Blanc, this wine combines barrel-fermented and tank-fermented lots to produce a zesty bouquet and rich mid-palate weight while still maintaining the mouthwatering freshness we adore in Sauvignon Blanc. $25/bottle at the winery, yours for just $11/bottle, $132/case. 200 cases available. Its fabulous.

Zesty and complex bouquet with melon and apple notes riding grapefruit/gooseberry zest and honeysuckle blossom in a beautifully uplifted, bright and effusive bouquet. The 15% new French oak and lees stirring give the wine nice weight and texture on entry with richer white fruit profiles (honeyed pear and apple) and toasted nut notes. Pretty acidity provides a wonderful mineral lift that carries the wine to a long, lingering, blossomy finish.

100% Sauvignon Blanc
25% barrel fermented (75% new French oak in that portion, 15% overall blend), 75% stainless steel fermented.
13.9% alc.
200 cases available
Scheduled bottling date April 9th. Will ship late April, early May.

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... ottle-case
If it is $25 at the winery, you can likely find it for $15 elsewhere. The pricing for a wine like this doesn't really make sense to me to buy for $11/bottle + shipping. Pass for me.
... 0 p 3 r

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8985 Post by Luca Giupponi »

Mike R wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:28 am If it is $25 at the winery, you can likely find it for $15 elsewhere. The pricing for a wine like this doesn't really make sense to me to buy for $11/bottle + shipping. Pass for me.
My thoughts exactly.

Kevin N

#8986 Post by Kevin N »

Luca Giupponi wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:34 am
Mike R wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:28 am If it is $25 at the winery, you can likely find it for $15 elsewhere. The pricing for a wine like this doesn't really make sense to me to buy for $11/bottle + shipping. Pass for me.
My thoughts exactly.
This is pretty much where I landed as well. It sounded good, but at nearly $14 shipped, it didn't make sense to commit to 12 bottles without tasting it.
Nieminen

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8987 Post by ekwartler »

Kevin N wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 12:12 pm
My thoughts exactly.
This is pretty much where I landed as well. It sounded good, but at nearly $14 shipped, it didn't make sense to commit to 12 bottles without tasting it.
I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty universal reaction. The level of discount and frankly the low retail price just don't justify buying a case, especially when you could put the $132 toward a better DN offer.
E r i c

Len Stevens
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8988 Post by Len Stevens »

Completely agree about the SB. Easy pass for me.

Guillermo M

#8989 Post by Guillermo M »

ekwartler wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 12:30 pm
Kevin N wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 12:12 pm

My thoughts exactly.
I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty universal reaction. The level of discount and frankly the low retail price just don't justify buying a case, especially when you could put the $132 toward a better DN offer.
I also agree. I'd add that, with an April 9 bottling date and early May shipping schedule, the bottle shock pushes drinkability into the middle of June(?), which, depending on where you live is well into Summer temps, and this is 12 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc we're talking about, not exactly a cellaring wine or too useful past September.

Feel free to correct me if you disagree.
Guillermo Mena
Yet another Washington, DC person on WB. Here to learn and branch out into new wines.
Open to recommendations and well-intentioned critiques.
newhere champagne.gif

Chr!s G|@rn3r

#8990 Post by Chr!s G|@rn3r »

Popped n.136 paso syrah on Sunday and finishing the second half of the bottle tonight. This is big, bright and smooth already. A bit on the sweet side but that’s okay with me. Notes on this line up well with Adelaida Vineyards, but I can’t imagine we’re that lucky. Bright, rich cherry and boysenberry fruit. Subtle earthy notes that I’m sure will develop. Chocolate. Smooth on the palate, fine tannins on the finish. I’m sure it will improve but this might not last long in my house, especially at $13/btl. Wish I had another case.

J. Patrick Lynch

#8991 Post by J. Patrick Lynch »

Guillermo M wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 2:04 pm
I also agree. I'd add that, with an April 9 bottling date and early May shipping schedule, the bottle shock pushes drinkability into the middle of June(?), which, depending on where you live is well into Summer temps, and this is 12 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc we're talking about, not exactly a cellaring wine or too useful past September.

Feel free to correct me if you disagree.
Many people can and do drink white wine year-round...
J @ c k

cpratt

#8992 Post by cpratt »

Moderately off topic here, but what's up with the website's sales tax rates? I only ever ship to two addresses: one in San Diego, CA and one in Butler County, OH - and the amount of sales tax (and descriptions!) is all over the map. Sometimes it's zero, sometimes it's the correct rate, and sometimes it's somewhere in between - for example, there's occasionally a mystery Napa County local tax at 1% (come again?) and sometimes it omits San Diego County tax and just charges the baseline California tax rate of 7.25%. I don't see any pattern to it, just that it's wrong about a third of the time.

Obviously, I'm not that annoyed (because hey, free money!) but I do hope they get the accounting straight on the back end eventually!
C h r i s

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#8993 Post by Cameron Hughes »

cpratt wrote: March 24th, 2021, 8:49 am Moderately off topic here, but what's up with the website's sales tax rates? I only ever ship to two addresses: one in San Diego, CA and one in Butler County, OH - and the amount of sales tax (and descriptions!) is all over the map. Sometimes it's zero, sometimes it's the correct rate, and sometimes it's somewhere in between - for example, there's occasionally a mystery Napa County local tax at 1% (come again?) and sometimes it omits San Diego County tax and just charges the baseline California tax rate of 7.25%. I don't see any pattern to it, just that it's wrong about a third of the time.

Obviously, I'm not that annoyed (because hey, free money!) but I do hope they get the accounting straight on the back end eventually!
yeah, apologies for that. We've had some issues with our tax software and getting the correct numbers...wine taxes are complicated and vary from state-to-state...in almost all circumstances, however, its been collecting under what we actually need to collect...the gravy train is coming to an end however :-)

<hr!s.L

#8994 Post by <hr!s.L »

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... QifQ%3D%3D

OG N.128 2019 Willamette Valley (Yamhill/Eola) Chardonnay 12-bottle case
$132.00

BOTTLES MARCH 29TH AND SHIPS LATE APRIL

Its back and better than ever!

N.128 is from the same producer as N.77 2018 Willamette Valley Chardonnay (which has been quite well received by consumer and critic alike on CellarTracker). The wine is just as good if not better and at a better price to boot! Here is my write-up of the 2018 with a few adjustments to the tasting notes but the profiles are essentially the same.

Burghounds...looking for a baby Montrachet? Look no further.

Today's release comes from a producer in Willamette Valley's renowned Yamhill-Carlton district. With consistent 91-92 pt. scores for the last two vintages running from Robert Parker, Antonio Galloni/Vinous.com and the Wine Spectator, this mid-$40's-retail Chardonnay is an incredible offer at $11/bottle, $132/case. The same wine the winery bottles, its absolutely freaking gorgeous stuff. Whether your thing is Sauvignon Blanc or buttery Chardonnay, the beautiful texture and seamless perfection here will have broad appeal (just don't drink it ice cold - 55-60 degrees is perfect).

Honeysuckle and hazelnut are perfectly-pitched against lemon curd, spicy apple pie and honey-poached Bosch pear in a beautifully delineated and precise bouquet with a nice white pepper perfume. Smooth and seamless on entry but vibrant with juicy citrus and orchard fruit perfectly rendered over lip-smacking mineral and wet river rock. Beautifully-textured, this wine glides across your palate dripping precisely-attenuated fruit into a river of mineral meringue, a whisp of vanilla and white pepper. Touch more richness and depth on the mid-palate than the 2018. Long and pure and chock-full of equal parts creamy, blossomy succulence and nervy tension, this classic Burgundian-style Chardonnay will absolutely knock your socks off.

100% barrel-fermented, 21% new French oak
100% Chardonnay
13.4% alc.
630 cases available
Bottling March 29th, 2021
L @ n g l 0 i s

<hr!s.L

#8995 Post by <hr!s.L »

N.77 is pretty killer. Strongly considering two cases.
L @ n g l 0 i s

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8996 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

Only odd part about this offer is that we thought N.77 was Gran Moraine, but IIRC Gran Moraine doesn't source any of its Chardonnay from Eola-Amity Hills

Len Stevens
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8997 Post by Len Stevens »

Damn it! I've shown some real restraint recently with dN...picked up case #38?

Kevin N

#8998 Post by Kevin N »

Len Stevens wrote: March 24th, 2021, 2:33 pm Damn it! I've shown some real restraint recently with dN...picked up case #38?
Same for me. Then I bit on this one. I doubt I'll regret it. champagne.gif
Nieminen

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8999 Post by L Harris »

Kevin N wrote: March 24th, 2021, 2:43 pm
Len Stevens wrote: March 24th, 2021, 2:33 pm Damn it! I've shown some real restraint recently with dN...picked up case #38?
Same for me. Then I bit on this one. I doubt I'll regret it. champagne.gif
Same here - been enjoying the 77 and figured it was worth saving $5/bottle to get a case of this rather than re-up on 77
L u k e

blainemorris

#9000 Post by blainemorris »

Re the 128 Oregon chard offer...any general comments on 2019 OR Chard vintage?

Return to “Wine Talk”