de Negoce offer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Kevin B

Re: de Negoce offer

#7851 Post by Kevin B »

Got the text after my bedtime. Figured I'd wait until morning and see if it was still available. Got too much now that needs more time, and at my age that might not be a good thing!
Beswick

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7852 Post by John O' »

haven't bought in a while and missed this offer last night. My initial negative was that this was "only" a blending wine. After reading above, I would have gone for it and will if re-offered.
O Sullivan

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7853 Post by Mike R »

After swearing off any more private label wines I came dangerously close to buying this, but ultimately resisted. Dry January is getting to me and its only been 5 days!
... 0 p 3 r

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7854 Post by Mike R »

Chr!s G|@rn3r wrote: January 5th, 2021, 7:07 pm I think #107 lines up well with Goosecross's "Petit Petite". $95, 50% Petite Sirah, 50% Syrah, 100% New French Oak. Many of the tasting notes line up. The winery sits on State Lane road right by Kapscandy and Cliff Lede. The only thing that doesn't line up is Cam said this Petite comes from their estate vineyard, whereas the 2016 bottling shows that the petite sirah came from Nord Ridge which is in St. Helena, not Yountville. However, with the 2018 surplus, they may have used their own for this vintage only. Or it was a typo. Just a guess, and in for a case either at $15/btl. and don't care either way!

https://goosecross.com/shop/?view=produ ... t%20Petite
Ironically just got an email offer for Goosecross's cab at a fairly large discount... good guess I think:

https://www.vivino.com/goosecross-cella ... /w/7103850?
... 0 p 3 r

Nick F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7855 Post by Nick F. »

whats the offer? Lnk doesnt pop in for me?
i a s c o n e

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7856 Post by Mike R »

Nick F. wrote: January 6th, 2021, 9:12 am whats the offer? Lnk doesnt pop in for me?
Their Cab is being offered for $49.99 rather than the "suggested" price of $95.00. If the link works, it should show the price.
... 0 p 3 r

Nick F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7857 Post by Nick F. »

ty
i a s c o n e

Michael Goode
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7858 Post by Michael Goode »

OG N.89 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon SHIPS LATE FEBRUARY
Price$120.00

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... e-february

This is a stunning value, an estate-produced, no-expense-spared, top-of-the-line Walla Walla Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon that retails out of the tasting room for over $60/bottle. Its classically styled with pitch-perfect extraction and balance, deftly made by an excellent winemaker in a state-of-the-art facility. At $10/bottle, its an incredible offer.

Deep ruby in the glass. Beautifully aromatic already with meaty black cherry, dusty plum, dark earth, spice and leather leather notes. Entry is broad and supple leading to a mouthful of ripe cherry and plum notes warmly layered on juicy, mouthwatering tannins. The finish is long and smooth, redolent with fruit but never overbearing - fantastic mouthfeel. Like I said, this is deftly crafted stuff with excellent complexity. A total steal at $10/bottle, $120/case.

84% Cabernet, 11% Malbec, 5% Syrah, 100% Estate
34% new French oak
Bottling January 28th, 2020
14.7% alc.
500 cases available

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7859 Post by MatthewT »

lol @ people being "heartbroken" for missing the Petit Syrah hahaha

dN89 sounds fantastic and a very good price point but I'm on buyers strike.
I'm a Turk

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7860 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

Any guesses who the producer is? Odd that there is a decently large production for a “reserve” cab but no critic scores?

Rodrigo B
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#7861 Post by Rodrigo B »

I'm pretty filled with dN wines now. Only thing that may attract me is if there is any OR wines
B r @ g @

RichWhittington
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7862 Post by RichWhittington »

I pulled the trigger. Only discovered his offerings, thanks to this forum, in early December. Now patiently waiting for 3 different cases. Was trying to stay focused on BD but that hasn't happened...

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7863 Post by tpetty »

I ordered a case too. It sounds like this is precisely the winery's non-modified, reserve estate cab. For $10 a bottle it's worth a shot. It can join my other dozen De Negoce cases of cab.
T *** P e t t y

rsmithjr

#7864 Post by rsmithjr »

Bottling 2020 or 2021? I think 2021...
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7865 Post by MatthewT »

rsmithjr wrote: January 7th, 2021, 12:12 pm Bottling 2020 or 2021? I think 2021...
Yes, just a typo I'd think. Says bottling not BOTTLED.
I'm a Turk

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7866 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

So much for "de negoce fatigue". Sold through 500 cases in less than an hour.

Brandon R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7867 Post by Brandon R »

I haven't bought in a long time and bought a case of this WW Cab. I drink mostly WA reds and, if this is even remotely better than what $10 otherwise buys me for a WA State Cab, I'm all about it.

Waterbrook, maybe? Although, no, I don't think they have an estate vineyard. Woodward Canyon does an Estate Reserve, but it's usually more than $70 I think. Hmm...
B. Redman

Kevin B

#7868 Post by Kevin B »

Well, I made it a week without buying wine I have no room for. I'm just afraid that the 5 or so cases of DN I have on order will all get here at the same time.
Beswick

C. Heinsen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7869 Post by C. Heinsen »

No 87 Petite Verdot drop

This is a small little winemaker project lot sourced from the same winery in Walla Walla as the N.89 Cabernet I just released.

From a single vineyard in Horse Heaven Hills (McKinley Springs Vineyard), this Petite Verdot was raised in 28% new French oak and was intended to be the the inaugural release of this "tasting room only" selection. Other Bordelais varieties from this particular vineyard and produced by this winery sell for $50/bottle out of the tasting room so that seems a fair price comparison (I should add virtually every wine is "tasting room only" for this producer). Only 275 cases available and priced at a ridiculous $9/bottle, $108/case.

Deep ruby, just a shade darker than the Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon. True to the Horse Heaven Hills appellation, its opens with red fruits and gains weight, accessing the darker fruit as it opens up. Cherry and raspberry add a layer of plum and graphite with pretty powdered flower aromas coming to the fore. Wonderfully supple and smooth on entry with ripe, juicy, energetic fruit well integrated with almost unnoticeable tannins. Plush? Yes. Nevertheless, the structure is there and carries a long, resounding finish with good length. A unique offering with excellent complexity (winemakers hallmark in my opinion - always striving for balance and complexity), this is also a great everyday drinker and cellar defender and will be very approachable once its through bottle shock. Bottled 12/15, this wine should be drinking nicely for March.

83% Petite Verdot, 17% Cabernet Sauvignon - 100% Horse Heaven Hills McKinley Vineyard
28% new French oak
14.9% alc.
Bottled December 15, 2020 (arriving this week, should ship out week of Jan. 25th)
275 cases available
C h r i s

Brian_K

#7870 Post by Brian_K »

C. Heinsen wrote: January 7th, 2021, 4:29 pm No 87 Petite Verdot drop

This is a small little winemaker project lot sourced from the same winery in Walla Walla as the N.89 Cabernet I just released.

From a single vineyard in Horse Heaven Hills (McKinley Springs Vineyard), this Petite Verdot was raised in 28% new French oak and was intended to be the the inaugural release of this "tasting room only" selection. Other Bordelais varieties from this particular vineyard and produced by this winery sell for $50/bottle out of the tasting room so that seems a fair price comparison (I should add virtually every wine is "tasting room only" for this producer). Only 275 cases available and priced at a ridiculous $9/bottle, $108/case.

Deep ruby, just a shade darker than the Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon. True to the Horse Heaven Hills appellation, its opens with red fruits and gains weight, accessing the darker fruit as it opens up. Cherry and raspberry add a layer of plum and graphite with pretty powdered flower aromas coming to the fore. Wonderfully supple and smooth on entry with ripe, juicy, energetic fruit well integrated with almost unnoticeable tannins. Plush? Yes. Nevertheless, the structure is there and carries a long, resounding finish with good length. A unique offering with excellent complexity (winemakers hallmark in my opinion - always striving for balance and complexity), this is also a great everyday drinker and cellar defender and will be very approachable once its through bottle shock. Bottled 12/15, this wine should be drinking nicely for March.

83% Petite Verdot, 17% Cabernet Sauvignon - 100% Horse Heaven Hills McKinley Vineyard
28% new French oak
14.9% alc.
Bottled December 15, 2020 (arriving this week, should ship out week of Jan. 25th)
275 cases available

Did this only go out to a subset of the list? Never saw the email......
K @ y

J. Patrick Lynch

#7871 Post by J. Patrick Lynch »

Brian_K wrote: January 7th, 2021, 4:39 pm
Did this only go out to a subset of the list? Never saw the email......
Feels like a shadow release. Probably an email coming out soon.

There have been a few in the past, but not so much lately.
J @ c k

C. Heinsen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7872 Post by C. Heinsen »

Just happen to see it on website...
C h r i s

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7873 Post by John O' »

Missed the Petite Sirah (again). The Petite Verdot is a nice consolation prize. Not easy to find and wifey is a big fan of the varietal.
Last edited by John O' on January 8th, 2021, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O Sullivan

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7874 Post by tpetty »

Still available on the website
T *** P e t t y

VidaF

#7875 Post by VidaF »

John O' wrote: January 8th, 2021, 2:14 am Missed the Petite Syrah (again). The Petite Verdot is a nice consolation prize. Not easy to find and wifey is a big fan of the varietal.
The Petite Syrah is back on the website, at least for now. Just ordered it [cheers.gif]
F r e e m a n

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7876 Post by Mike R »

I have no idea what came over me but I just ordered the Petit Verdot. No idea what I was thinking or what I'm going to do with 12 bottles of a blending wine.

[swearing.gif] [swearing.gif] [swearing.gif]
Last edited by Mike R on January 8th, 2021, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... 0 p 3 r

J. Patrick Lynch

#7877 Post by J. Patrick Lynch »

Petit not petite. Come on Cam!

And the sticker on the last Petite Sirah box said Petite Syrah, but the bottles were labeled correctly.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

deadhorse deadhorse
J @ c k

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7878 Post by tpetty »

150 case of Oregon syrah just went up.

only 90 cases left
T *** P e t t y

Michael Goode
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7879 Post by Michael Goode »

Ugh. I'm tempted because I bought #74 but too much wine. And of course if I don't like #74 I likely wouldn't like this either.

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... e-february

OG N.99 Rocks District/Walla Walla Syrah is the Reserve Syrah offering from the same winery as N.74 Walla Walla Syrah. The source vineyard is an estate property in The Rocks District of Milton Freewater. As the vineyard lies on the Oregon side of the Rocks appellation and we bottled the wine in Washington, we were unable to use "The Rocks District of Milton Freewater" on the label. I have no idea why this is, but it is. Rest assured, however, this Syrah is a single-vineyard-designate from the "Rocks" AVA (the label will say Walla Walla).

But enough bureaucratic hogwash, lets talk about the wine. This is fantastic juice, rich and ripe with an unctuous mouthfeel but supported by a brawny, chiseled structure that provides for depth and dimension. Retailing for over $50/bottle out of the winery tasting room, it's an exceptional deal at $12/bottle, $144/case. Only 150 cases are up for grabs.

Deep ruby to medium purple in the glass. Meaty aromas of blueberry, blackberry and smoky rock are topped with a kiss of acacia flower and underpinned with more smoky earth notes. The wine is broad and smooth on entry with an unctuous viscosity well supported by fine tannins. Blueberry and smoky chocolate ride to glory on a long, lip-smacking, umami-driven finish. The yum factor here is huge and its just about impossible to just have one glass.

100% Syrah, 100% estate vineyard in The Rocks District of Milton Freewater
50% new French and American oak
15.1% alc.
Bottled December 18th, 2020
150 cases available

PeterH
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7880 Post by PeterH »

tpetty wrote: January 8th, 2021, 2:06 pm 150 case of Oregon syrah just went up.

only 90 cases left
To be more precise, the Milton Freewater area of the Walla Walla AVA. Referred to as "occupied territory" by some., The Rocks by others.
From the description, sees more oak than most here appreciate, but I bet it is a crowd pleaser.
P Hickner

On s'en bat les couilles

Albert R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7881 Post by Albert R »

My wife loves the Syrah from the Rocks! We are in. Less than 40 cases left. This wine will need some time in the cellar.......
@. Re-go

T0ny Dr13r

#7882 Post by T0ny Dr13r »

I've been getting more and more interested in Syrah and had swore I was done with DN. Well I bought cause the price is right and the thought was L'Ecole although I don't see a reserve Syrah on their site.

Now I would love to see a Rhone blend offered

C. Heinsen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7883 Post by C. Heinsen »

Any guesses as to what this is?
C h r i s

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7884 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

This doesn't seem to be L'Ecole, which means that the L'Ecole guess for N.74 was wrong. Anybody else have any suggestions? There's maybe two dozen vineyards in the Rocks district.

Edit: I don't think this is explicitly labeled as a "Reserve" syrah, since looking on cellartracker I don't see any that would fit the bill for rocks district. Most likely it's just a single vineyard designate.

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7885 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

The thing with Petite Verdot is it overwhelms the mid palate with tannins and dark fruit. Cloying to a point in many wines. I actually detected an overwhelming PV component in OG 17 at the moment- see why Cam says it's a good steak wine- that PV is supplying tannins for red meat pairing.
Happy Friday all. Cheers.

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7886 Post by Michael Martin »

Petit Verdot is really a blending wine. We use it in a bunch of our Bordeaux style blends and it works well. On its own, it’s a little monolithic.

Chris Echeck

#7887 Post by Chris Echeck »

I remember 74 being possibly cougar crest ??

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7888 Post by L Harris »

Chris Echeck wrote: January 8th, 2021, 3:55 pm I remember 74 being possibly cougar crest ??
Seems like a really good call. They have a Syrah at $30 ish (N.74) and one at $55 which is a reserve Syrah. They also own a Rocks district vineyard.
https://www.cougarcrestwinery.com/shop/ ... rve-syrah/

Nice call Chris and whomever might have originally guessed that for N.74.
L u k e

rsmithjr

#7889 Post by rsmithjr »

Just got shipping notices on the last 2 wines I had NOT received. I had sent an inquiry earlier, no response but the shipping notices friday night.

#3 and # 8 (second tranche).
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

Alan Newman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7890 Post by Alan Newman »

Alan Newman wrote: January 4th, 2021, 11:40 am I'm still missing #4 Merlot. Waiting to hear back from "Shipping".
Now, I'm annoyed.

12/27: Emailed Support: Any news on my order of Merlot #4? [Ordered on 5/25/20]
12/31: Support Responded: I'll check with Shipping on Monday [1/4] and get back to you.
1/6: Emailed Support: Any update?
No response.

I actually don't mind if they cancel my order and refund my money, but no response is bad customer service. I should not have to ask twice.

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7891 Post by Mike R »

Alan Newman wrote: January 9th, 2021, 4:52 pm
Alan Newman wrote: January 4th, 2021, 11:40 am I'm still missing #4 Merlot. Waiting to hear back from "Shipping".
Now, I'm annoyed.

12/31: Support Responded: I'll check with Shipping on Monday [1/4] and get back to you.
No response.

I actually don't mind if they cancel my order and refund my money, but no response is bad customer service. I should not have to ask twice.
I find this exceptionally annoying and I see this issue all the time with DN. I know they are a small scrappy startup, but nothing tells me that a business doesn't care about their customers like not responding to emails.
... 0 p 3 r

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7892 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Need more evidence 74 and 99 are Cougar Crest...

https://www.cougarcrestwinery.com/viney ... -vineyard/

Purchased the 74 Syrah and look forward to trying it later this summer.

<hr!s.L

#7893 Post by <hr!s.L »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: January 10th, 2021, 8:32 am Need more evidence 74 and 99 are Cougar Crest...
Points for Cougar Crest as the source:
- Walla Walla Washington based winery with an estate vineyard in The Rocks District
- CC offer a Syrah and Reserve Syrah that loosely match the price points ($34 and $55) of 74 and 99
- This particular wine has been available at a hefty discount before, somewhat recently. In 2019 there was a casemates offer for Cougar Crest Reserve Syrah 2013/2014 split case for $199 plus shipping ($16.67/bottle pre-shipping).
- The CM offer revealed the reserve Syrah is a vineyard designate bottling (Noble Rock Vineyard, The Rocks District of Milton Freewater)
- Lastly, there are similar tasting notes:

Tasting notes from the CM offer
“... Blueberry, blackberry, soy and earthy truffles flood the senses. Rich viscosity and fine-grained tannins coat the palate wrapping smoky arms around a long powerful finish.”

Tasting notes from DN offer, n.99
“...Meaty aromas of blueberry, blackberry and smoky rock...with an unctuous viscosity well supported by fine tannins. Blueberry and smoky chocolate ride to glory on a long, lip-smacking, umami-driven finish.”

https://casemates.com/forum/topics/coug ... erve-syrah
L @ n g l 0 i s

Evan Tunis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7894 Post by Evan Tunis »

Mike R wrote: January 9th, 2021, 5:40 pm
Now, I'm annoyed.

No response.

I find this exceptionally annoying and I see this issue all the time with DN. I know they are a small scrappy startup, but nothing tells me that a business doesn't care about their customers like not responding to emails.
I received 4/5 of my orders in November/late December except #42. Finally emailed them asking where this was. Waited five days and then they refunded my order saying they were out of stock. What a bunch of crap..

Nicholas C

#7895 Post by Nicholas C »

Evan Tunis wrote: January 11th, 2021, 3:10 pm
Mike R wrote: January 9th, 2021, 5:40 pm

Now, I'm annoyed.

No response.

I received 4/5 of my orders in November/late December except #42. Finally emailed them asking where this was. Waited five days and then they refunded my order saying they were out of stock. What a bunch of crap..
Hmm, just emailed them. Only 3 of my 9 orders have been delivered so far. Not good to hear that they are out of stock on some of the wines!
[ 0 0 p 3 r

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7896 Post by L Harris »

L u k e

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7897 Post by Eric White »

lol, the excitement is palpable ;). Seriously though, I think I'm pretty full up with these particular types of offers at the moment. However, it did cause me to go look at my spreadsheet and discover that in just the wines I've purchased, "Alluvial" shows up five times :D

Kevin B

#7898 Post by Kevin B »

I got the Walla Walla Cab, and the Petit Verdot. Still waiting on a bunch I bought months ago that should be shipping soon. I'll pass, but I'm interested in seeing how fast 800 cases go.
Beswick

Bruce Johnson

#7899 Post by Bruce Johnson »

I'm new here and pretty new to wine. I just bought the de Negoce 76. Any guesses as to the vineyards involved?
--Bruce

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7900 Post by Michael Martin »

There’s a bunch of Cameron Hughes wines on Winebid.com.

Return to “Wine Talk”