Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Chris Johnson
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: de Negoce offer

#7701 Post by Chris Johnson »

MatthewT wrote: December 17th, 2020, 2:15 pm
Chris Crutchfield wrote: December 17th, 2020, 1:47 pm
JBucholz wrote: December 17th, 2020, 1:26 pm I also wonder if there isn’t a bit a disappointment since the drop off in posts came shortly after delivery of the summer “holds.” There may have been unrealistic expectations on the part of some purchasers that they were getting greater bargains than they actually received and for them, the bloom is off the rose.
While not all of the offers have been exceptional, I think the majority represented good bargains for the quality of the wine. I think any dropoff in demand is more likely related to satiation of appetite for more caseloads of wine. Not all of us can get the San Diego Padres' wine locker, after all =)
I think about this almost every day. "I can't believe I have 50 cases of de Negoce in a wine locker formerly rented by the San Diego Padres".
Maybe we need to get together and anchor off Machado’s place on Coronado and drink some DN. Then you’ll be drinking your Padres wine in front of the expensive Padre. Of course, I’ll be wearing my Dodgers hat.

DaveStandridge
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7702 Post by DaveStandridge »

Same for me. I steered clear of the cabs (except N02) but have been really happy with N07 pinot. It's not fantastic but I also don't have to save them for aging or for special occasions. I have yet to try the N38 Syrah as it was bottled really recently.

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7703 Post by MatthewT »

JBucholz wrote: December 17th, 2020, 3:27 pm
MatthewT wrote: December 17th, 2020, 1:32 pm
JBucholz wrote: December 17th, 2020, 1:26 pm

I also wonder if there isn’t a bit a disappointment since the drop off in posts came shortly after delivery of the summer “holds.” There may have been unrealistic expectations on the part of some purchasers that they were getting greater bargains than they actually received and for them, the bloom is off the rose.
Not me. I think the wines are pretty much all fantastic, though 80%+ of the wine I bought were the 'high' end Cabs.
YMMV. For me, the wines have turned out to be good values but not great values. None of them have risen to the level of “fantastic.”

It would be interesting to me to get together a panel of the more frequent posters on this thread and do a truly blind tasting of the wines. Throw in a handful of the ‘high end’ offers along with a ringer or two like a Kathryn Hall or a Delille. Also throw in some bargain wines like a Kirkland Signature and something else comparable. It seems that might ferret out whether these wines are truly fantastic or whether there is a bit of confirmation bias creeping into our evaluations.
Look, let's be clear: These wines cost $9 to $20 a bottle. The vast majority (95%+) have not been released by their home winery yet and won't for 1-3 years. They are super young. I really have no idea what people were expecting. Of course the "$100+ at the winery" will not taste exactly like the winery blend but for most, it should be pretty close. I'm fairly certain in a blind tasting I won't be able to tell the difference between anything. Which means it's a win.

No confirmation bias for me...I recently threw out 12 mystery bottles from Garagiste that are undrinkable to make room in my storage. If I didn't like the dN's I certainly wouldn't drink them. I have lots of other wine and can afford the experimental loss. I have found *all* of them to be pretty amazing, but again, all my purchases were high end cabs (lol @ high end) and some Pinots.

Drinking #27 right now and it's as good as anything I've had this year including plenty of $100-$200 bottles that quite frankly I doubt I buy again.
I'm a Turk

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7704 Post by MatthewT »

Chris Johnson wrote: December 17th, 2020, 3:34 pm

While not all of the offers have been exceptional, I think the majority represented good bargains for the quality of the wine. I think any dropoff in demand is more likely related to satiation of appetite for more caseloads of wine. Not all of us can get the San Diego Padres' wine locker, after all =)
I think about this almost every day. "I can't believe I have 50 cases of de Negoce in a wine locker formerly rented by the San Diego Padres".
Maybe we need to get together and anchor off Machado’s place on Coronado and drink some DN. Then you’ll be drinking your Padres wine in front of the expensive Padre. Of course, I’ll be wearing my Dodgers hat.
You're in SD too? Happy to have a dN tasting party when COVID ends for people in the area. Would be a lot of fun.
I'm a Turk

timmy roos

#7705 Post by timmy roos »

Rodrigo B wrote: December 17th, 2020, 2:23 pm

I can't decide which is more surprising, the 50 cases or the Padres locker
How are you not surprised? His name is Matt Turk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Turk
Things are getting funny these day

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7706 Post by MatthewT »

timmy roos wrote: December 17th, 2020, 3:54 pm
Rodrigo B wrote: December 17th, 2020, 2:23 pm

I can't decide which is more surprising, the 50 cases or the Padres locker
How are you not surprised? His name is Matt Turk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Turk
I used to LOVE when that guy was in the NFL. I guess that's pretty narcissistic.
I'm a Turk

Toby P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7707 Post by Toby P »

wait now I'm super curious, which Garagiste mystery bottles did you throw out Matt T?
P r a t t

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7708 Post by MatthewT »

Toby P wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:48 pm wait now I'm super curious, which Garagiste mystery bottles did you throw out Matt T?
Agharta Cab. Not sure what years. Def didn't pay a lot for it, sub $20 I believe. Was 2 different years.
I'm a Turk

MarkY

#7709 Post by MarkY »

My guess on the latest Merlot offer is Seebass Vineyards with a vineyard in Calpella Valley and has both an Old Vines Zin and a Grand Reserve Merlot among other offerings.
Why 1 n

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7710 Post by Jay $$ Winton »

Another Snyder ego screwup. Turk was an excellent punter in the mid 90s for the now WFT.
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

timmy roos

#7711 Post by timmy roos »

MarkY wrote: December 18th, 2020, 7:13 am My guess on the latest Merlot offer is Seebass Vineyards with a vineyard in Calpella Valley and has both an Old Vines Zin and a Grand Reserve Merlot among other offerings.
Things are getting funny these day

JBucholz

#7712 Post by JBucholz »

MatthewT wrote: December 17th, 2020, 3:40 pm
Look, let's be clear: These wines cost $9 to $20 a bottle. The vast majority (95%+) have not been released by their home winery yet and won't for 1-3 years. They are super young.
I get that the prices on these wines are very reasonable, and for the most part I am satisfied with the purchases. To me, these $9 to $20 bottles drink like wines that could be found in the $20 to $30 range. That's why I said earlier that they represent good but not great values. And my evaluation isn't simply because they are young and I'm not allowing them to develop. I have drank many more wines in my time than I care to admit that would be deemed by most to be way too young to drink. I know what to look for and what to discount in a young wine.

I really have no idea what people were expecting.
I really don't either. That's why I prefaced my earlier comment with "I wonder if..."

You speculated as to why the enthusiasm for dN wines had seemed to drop off by saying that it may be because people were at or near their capacity for storing the wines. I think that's valid and at least partially true for some. My speculation as to why it was happening was rooted in the vibe in this 150+ page thread and the timing of the drop off. It just seemed to me that some people were expecting more from the wines than they received when they finally shipped. I certainly don't know that that's true, but it also seems like a valid possibility.

I'm fairly certain in a blind tasting I won't be able to tell the difference between anything. Which means it's a win.

No confirmation bias for me...I recently threw out 12 mystery bottles from Garagiste that are undrinkable to make room in my storage. If I didn't like the dN's I certainly wouldn't drink them. I have lots of other wine and can afford the experimental loss. I have found *all* of them to be pretty amazing, but again, all my purchases were high end cabs (lol @ high end) and some Pinots.

Drinking #27 right now and it's as good as anything I've had this year including plenty of $100-$200 bottles that quite frankly I doubt I buy again.
One of the funny characteristics of confirmation bias is that the one exhibiting the bias is rarely able to recognize it in themselves. I'm not saying that you specifically are exhibiting the bias, but it may be there and you don't realize it. I think you would probably admit that your predisposition for confirmation bias is far greater for dN than it was for the Garagiste wines you threw out by an order of magnitude. You presumably had just a few dollars invested in the Garagiste wines. You have many more dollars invested in dN. More important than that however, by being one of the most vocal early adopters you have invested your reputation in dN. You arguably have a greater need for these wines to be fantastic than most.

I may be all wet here so take all of this with a grain of salt. I don't know that a single word of any of my speculation about what anyone else is experiencing is true. What i do know is that my personal experience with the wines is that I find them to be good, but not "fantastic" or even "pretty amazing." And I too concentrated my purchases on what would be deemed 'high end.' I will admit that I was hopeful for more than that, but I'm not particularly disappointed because in all cases I believe I got at least as much quality as I paid for. I'm guessing that there may be some others out there whose experience matches mine, and I'll bet that when it's all said and done the CT scores for these wines will settle in the 89.0 to 90.5 range. Decent scores for $9 to $20 wines, but not much more than that.
J 1 M

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7713 Post by MatthewT »

I've invested my reputation in dN? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This board is the best.
I'm a Turk

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7714 Post by tpetty »

I've only opened a couple, I'm trying to let them age a bit. I bought 90% cabs/red blends.

Confirmation bias is definitely a real thing, and will likely affect most of us to some degree. It's one of the reasons I look forward to a blind tasting party in the future, once COVID is "over" and the De Negoce bottles get a little more age, so it is at least closer to an "apples to apples" comparison with non OG wines.

#15 merlot - really good. as good as any $40-50 Napa merlot I've gotten before in wine clubs. Merlot is not my #1 favorite - but this was GOOD.

#17 cab - OK. not great. OK. Will it get better with age? Hopefully, but who really knows. Right now I think it is comparable to the $15-$20 cabs I got when I belonged to the California Wine Club years ago. My wife was not very enthused with this one.
T *** P e t t y

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7715 Post by tpetty »

It was because of my experience with #15 - and Cameron's second email proclaiming that merlots drink better in youth than cabs (maybe I'm just a marketing sucker) - that I went ahead and bought a case of the most recent Washington merlot that will be shipped in a couple months.
T *** P e t t y

JBucholz

#7716 Post by JBucholz »

tpetty wrote: December 18th, 2020, 2:09 pm
Confirmation bias is definitely a real thing, and will likely affect most of us to some degree. It's one of the reasons I look forward to a blind tasting party in the future, once COVID is "over" and the De Negoce bottles get a little more age, so it is at least closer to an "apples to apples" comparison with non OG wines.
Please post the results when you do. I'd be very interested in what you discover.

I plan on doing the same with my wine circle. I'll supply all of the wines, including the ringers and I won't say a word to my group about what they're tasting. It'll be about as close to a double blind as I can get.
J 1 M

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7717 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

For extra fun, pair the dN wines with their supposed producer/label during the blind tasting

Richard Jen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7718 Post by Richard Jen »

JBucholz wrote: December 18th, 2020, 10:20 am To me, these $9 to $20 bottles drink like wines that could be found in the $20 to $30 range.
$20 to $30 wine or $20 to $30 Napa Cab or even $20 to $30 sub-appellation Napa Cab? Would rather buying these good-not-great always-available named brands for $5 to $10 extra without committing 12 bottle and paying shipping.

I am not trying to discuss whether Napa is overpriced.
[cheers.gif]

Adam Piper

#7719 Post by Adam Piper »

My Black Friday cases arrived this week and we opened the No 65 Oregon Pinot tonight.

For $10/bottle, it’s great. It’s definitely a lower elevation Oregon Pinot the the Chahalem Mountains Cameron Hughes wines (677,678).

It’s good and I would rank it between the #24 and the #19 OG Pinots.

It is more acidic than I expected and probably needs more rest before I fully judge it.

JonathanG
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#7720 Post by JonathanG »

MatthewT wrote: December 18th, 2020, 1:32 pm I've invested my reputation in dN? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This board is the best.
Yup. MatthewT, when I finally get around to trying these dN wines (which may be in a year or two), if they suck you are dead to me.
J0|\|@+h@|\| Gr@h/\/\/-\|\||\|

Adam Piper

#7721 Post by Adam Piper »

Does anyone have the list with guesses for the de negoce wines?

The No 61 has become my office happy hour go to all December and I want to do a blind taste test with my team with what y’all think is the real thing

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7722 Post by Eric White »

Adam Piper wrote: December 18th, 2020, 6:43 pm Does anyone have the list with guesses for the de negoce wines?

The No 61 has become my office happy hour go to all December and I want to do a blind taste test with my team with what y’all think is the real thing
Fritz

JBucholz

#7723 Post by JBucholz »

Richard Jen wrote: December 18th, 2020, 4:23 pm
JBucholz wrote: December 18th, 2020, 10:20 am To me, these $9 to $20 bottles drink like wines that could be found in the $20 to $30 range.
$20 to $30 wine or $20 to $30 Napa Cab or even $20 to $30 sub-appellation Napa Cab? Would rather buying these good-not-great always-available named brands for $5 to $10 extra without committing 12 bottle and paying shipping.

I am not trying to discuss whether Napa is overpriced.
I wasn’t necessarily thinking specifically about Napa.
J 1 M

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7724 Post by tpetty »

Adam Piper wrote: December 18th, 2020, 6:43 pm Does anyone have the list with guesses for the de negoce wines?

Adam - these are the 2 sites. both approach the data a little differently

https://denegociants.com/

T *** P e t t y

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7725 Post by tpetty »

oops. I guess the 2nd site that I linked to showed up as the document itself, rather than the website link.
T *** P e t t y

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7726 Post by MatthewT »

I'll propose a much more likely hypothesis for why this thread and the enthusiasm for new offers has died:

Along with the fact most of this board way overbought, the concept behind why dN existed is largely over. It was a 2018 oversupply that ran into COVID that shut down the country which meant barrels of wine that would have went to restaurants, conventions, etc, which I think created this once in a generation situation. 2018 oversupply + COVID.

The offers Cam have has put up the last 2 months have been rather different than the offers from dN #1 to #40. Some of 40-120? were of a premium price but most were not. Many came from Washington which was Cam's 2nd wave of this venture vs. the first 20 or 30 which probably took months to acquire before he launched. Now he's trying to turn this into a regular business and it will be more difficult given the two dynamics (2018 oversupply but really COVID) are going to be behind us in 2021.

Basically, this is now Cameron Hughes Wine Part 2. Doesn't make the wine not a good value but it's not the deep discount/opportunity it was when he launched. All asset classes have surged since the spring/summer, and "bulk" premium wine should be no different, especially with the fires.
I'm a Turk

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7727 Post by Siun o'Connell »

You’d likely be more accurate to say “most in this thread way overbought” rather than “of this board.”

Now if you wanted to say “most of this board is getting ready to way overbuy on Berserker Day” you might be right.

Rodrigo B
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#7728 Post by Rodrigo B »

Siun o'Connell wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:13 pm You’d likely be more accurate to say “most in this thread way overbought” rather than “of this board.”

Now if you wanted to say “most of this board is getting ready to way overbuy on Berserker Day” you might be right.
This. Way too real. I started setting my budget, I thought up a rough figure I thought would cover things, but then as I got more detailed into likely producers participating and how much I'd buy, the "budget" shot way up
B r @ g @

JonathanG
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#7729 Post by JonathanG »

MatthewT wrote: December 19th, 2020, 6:40 pm I'll propose a much more likely hypothesis for why this thread and the enthusiasm for new offers has died:

Along with the fact most of this board way overbought, the concept behind why dN existed is largely over. It was a 2018 oversupply that ran into COVID that shut down the country which meant barrels of wine that would have went to restaurants, conventions, etc, which I think created this once in a generation situation. 2018 oversupply + COVID.

The offers Cam have has put up the last 2 months have been rather different than the offers from dN #1 to #40. Some of 40-120? were of a premium price but most were not. Many came from Washington which was Cam's 2nd wave of this venture vs. the first 20 or 30 which probably took months to acquire before he launched. Now he's trying to turn this into a regular business and it will be more difficult given the two dynamics (2018 oversupply but really COVID) are going to be behind us in 2021.

Basically, this is now Cameron Hughes Wine Part 2. Doesn't make the wine not a good value but it's not the deep discount/opportunity it was when he launched. All asset classes have surged since the spring/summer, and "bulk" premium wine should be no different, especially with the fires.
I believe the disappearance of the CA wine oversupply was primarily due to the fires, which did not impact WA but crushed Napa. Seems its possible that since restaurants are still closed, the excess supply problem that gave us Wave 1 of these offers could certainly exist in OR and WA as well.

I slowed down because all the wines came in. I have a few more cases still en-route but I have enough de Negoce wine to last a few years. Still watching for the "big" offers but won't be buying any of the lower-priced ones. When we hit springtime I may go for some whites or rose's though.

A sparkler would probably pull me in though!
J0|\|@+h@|\| Gr@h/\/\/-\|\||\|

Brian_K

#7730 Post by Brian_K »

MatthewT wrote: December 19th, 2020, 6:40 pm I'll propose a much more likely hypothesis for why this thread and the enthusiasm for new offers has died:

If the model is that dependent upon a specific oversupply situation, then it wouldn’t be shocking to start seeing Australian wines pop up in DN offers. There’s no evidence that Cam has any relationships there, but the Chinese tariffs on Australian wine are replicating the market imbalance necessary for a DN like model to thrive temporarily.
K @ y

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#7731 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o »

Kevin B wrote: December 17th, 2020, 12:50 pm I pulled the trigger on this one. By February my wife might have forgotten about all the wine I got in December. Also, I think I have only one or two bottles of Merlot. At least that's my excuse.
Hi Kevin - please check your PMs.

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7732 Post by MatthewT »

Siun o'Connell wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:13 pm You’d likely be more accurate to say “most in this thread way overbought” rather than “of this board.”

Thank you for this very important correction!
I'm a Turk

JBucholz

#7733 Post by JBucholz »

I think your prior speculation is much more likely than this. Really, all of de Negoce is essentially Cameron Hughes 2.0. His business may be receiving a boost from 2018 oversupply, but I don’t think his model was ever intended to be dependent on it.
J 1 M

rsmithjr

#7734 Post by rsmithjr »

I agree totally with your assessment. I think that timing plays alot here, Cam was in front of the curve when Covid hit. Many wine/liquor stores are running huge sales on wines in this "space". Also I have bought 11 cases (3 went to a cousin) and I am waiting on 2 of those cases. I DO NOT NEED anymore wine....maybe if another Diamond Mountain OG comes out. I do have 4 Radio Silence -bottles on order.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

RandyF.

#7735 Post by RandyF. »

This morning's offer: thoughts?

OG N.96 2018 Dry Creek Cabernet Sauvignon 12-bottle case SHIPS FEBRUARY
Price$156.00

Woop woop. Back we go to Dry Creek for the third installment from this boutique producer. Up next is their fantastic 2018 Dry Creek Cabernet Sauvignon - I'd rate this a notch up from N.32 Dry Creek Cabernet Sauvignon and probably the best Cabernet I have ever sourced from this region.

Its a single vineyard designate (naming the vineyard would give it away) located on a low-yielding, hillside site planted 35-years ago in the southern end of Dry Creek Valley. There are more titillating details I'd love to share with you about rootstock, etc. but, alas, I must demur to protect the innocent.

This dynamite Cabernet has all the bells and whistles, produced, again, with great attention to detail and the care that you get from small, boutique producers. Selling for $55 at the winery, today's this fantastic Cabernet can be yours for just $13/bottle.

Dark in the glass but a shade away from opaque. The nose is complex and multifaceted - classic Dry Creek, chock full of graphite, blackberry jam and plummy bourbon oak notes up front with lilac florals and a black cherry-infused red rock minerality emerging with air. Supple on entry with a robust tannin framework carrying waves of black and red fruits interlaced with earthy, graphitic notes in a long, supple finish. Ample musculature perfectly balanced.

100% Cabernet Sauvignon (at this point...I've been playing with the Dry Creek Merlot and will likely drop a few points in before bottling next month but I would like to confirm with fresh samples before doing so)
35% new American oak, 15% new French oak
14.9% alc.
400 cases available
Scheduled bottling in mid-to-late January 2021
F 1 n 1 3 y

Michael Goode
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7736 Post by Michael Goode »

I really enjoyed #32 so I'll probably grab #96 too. Of course, my enjoyment of #32 was enhanced by the fact that I got it for $8/bottle because they sent me the wrong thing (they sent it to me instead of #31).

Randall E.

#7737 Post by Randall E. »

What do you think consumption timing is? Would opening it upon receipt do it a disservice?
E h r e n p r e i s

Michael Goode
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7738 Post by Michael Goode »

Randall -- #96 isn't scheduled to be bottled until late January -- I really do think it would be best to wait 3 months as Cam says. After that I imagine it would be good to drink -- it looks a bit more aggressively oaked than #32 but I don't think it would need to be aged.

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7739 Post by Eric White »

Interesting, the previous guess for No. 32 was Michel Schlumberger, but none of their offerings fit this description at all. However, if you read Cam's offering carefully, it doesn't actually say this offer is from the same producer, only the same region...

Ron F r e e d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7740 Post by Ron F r e e d »

RandyF. wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 9:18 am This morning's offer: thoughts?

OG N.96 2018 Dry Creek Cabernet Sauvignon 12-bottle case SHIPS FEBRUARY
Price$156.00

Woop woop. Back we go to Dry Creek for the third installment from this boutique producer. Up next is their fantastic 2018 Dry Creek Cabernet Sauvignon - I'd rate this a notch up from N.32 Dry Creek Cabernet Sauvignon and probably the best Cabernet I have ever sourced from this region.

Its a single vineyard designate (naming the vineyard would give it away) located on a low-yielding, hillside site planted 35-years ago in the southern end of Dry Creek Valley. There are more titillating details I'd love to share with you about rootstock, etc. but, alas, I must demur to protect the innocent.

This dynamite Cabernet has all the bells and whistles, produced, again, with great attention to detail and the care that you get from small, boutique producers. Selling for $55 at the winery, today's this fantastic Cabernet can be yours for just $13/bottle.

Dark in the glass but a shade away from opaque. The nose is complex and multifaceted - classic Dry Creek, chock full of graphite, blackberry jam and plummy bourbon oak notes up front with lilac florals and a black cherry-infused red rock minerality emerging with air. Supple on entry with a robust tannin framework carrying waves of black and red fruits interlaced with earthy, graphitic notes in a long, supple finish. Ample musculature perfectly balanced.

100% Cabernet Sauvignon (at this point...I've been playing with the Dry Creek Merlot and will likely drop a few points in before bottling next month but I would like to confirm with fresh samples before doing so)
35% new American oak, 15% new French oak
14.9% alc.
400 cases available
Scheduled bottling in mid-to-late January 2021
August Briggs Two Moon cabernet?

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7741 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Most of the good Cabernets and Merlots in Dry Creek AVA come from Bradford Mountain area/vineyards...

Mark Morrissette
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7742 Post by Mark Morrissette »

Ron F r e e d wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 9:37 am
August Briggs Two Moon cabernet?
I was looking at that one as well, as the price and other factors seem to fit. But, their website says only 165 cases produced in 2016. 400 EXTRA in 2018 seems like a stretch?

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7743 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

McCray Ridge is Two Moon Vineyard...Producer? Briggs?

Michael Singsen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7744 Post by Michael Singsen »

I guess the DeN fatigue is not so overwhelming after all...only 36 cases of #96 are left, 90 minutes after 400 were offered. Who doesn't need another case of NorCal Cab?

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7745 Post by MatthewT »

Michael Singsen wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:07 am I guess the DeN fatigue is not so overwhelming after all...only 36 cases of #96 are left, 90 minutes after 400 were offered. Who doesn't need another case of NorCal Cab?
I think he has tons of new customers coming every day. I was only referring to why this thread has died down. The people here were early adopters.
I'm a Turk

Adam Piper

#7746 Post by Adam Piper »

tpetty wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:36 am oops. I guess the 2nd site that I linked to showed up as the document itself, rather than the website link.
Thanks so much - both are so helpful.

My wife has also cut me off as I have 4 cases sitting in my home office. I just bought some 48 in tranche 2 and had it sent to my office.

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7747 Post by mattcitrang »

Adam Piper wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 12:31 pm
tpetty wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:36 am oops. I guess the 2nd site that I linked to showed up as the document itself, rather than the website link.
Thanks so much - both are so helpful.

My wife has also cut me off as I have 4 cases sitting in my home office. I just bought some 48 in tranche 2 and had it sent to my office.
That’s a slippery slope you’re headed to.
Ace Citrang10

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7748 Post by L Harris »

General store news is interesting! Many have been asking for mixed cases and it looks like we will get it - at least for wines where he has excess inventory after the case sales
L u k e

Adam Piper

#7749 Post by Adam Piper »

Does anyone know if the DeNegoce is sourced from the same vineyards CHwines sourced from?

I’m curious if #70 is from the same Chehalem Mtn source as CH Lot 677.

If so, I’m going to a side by side of them once 70 matures and is out of bottle shock.

Did anyone do a sleuthing of the sources of the CH wines? Lots 677 and 678 became our table wines during CoVID and the only juice my wife authorized multiple cases.

If I broke the rules by mixing Cameron Hughes negoce marriages, my apologies

Adam Piper

#7750 Post by Adam Piper »

L Harris wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 1:28 pm General store news is interesting! Many have been asking for mixed cases and it looks like we will get it - at least for wines where he has excess inventory after the case sales
I’m guessing we will see some mark up per bottle similar to trance 2.

I wish he would do a wine club and allow club members to have free shipping similar to his previous venture.

Out of curiosity, how many on here still receive quaterly CHWine shipments?

Return to “Wine Talk”