de Negoce offer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
ValerieA

Re: de Negoce offer

#7251 Post by ValerieA » November 18th, 2020, 4:52 pm

Allen Z wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Did I miss Cam sharing when N 78 was bottled? I am set to receive it tomorrow but have no idea how long it will be shocked for.
Bottling date is on the box
[cheers.gif] Valerie Tucker

Stacey Y

#7252 Post by Stacey Y » November 18th, 2020, 4:55 pm

Received 46, 67 and 68 today.
Y o u n g

Scott K

#7253 Post by Scott K » November 18th, 2020, 5:17 pm

MatthewT wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 12:02 pm
mikepf1 wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 12:01 pm
NealW wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 11:52 am
Curious as to if anyone has a list of which are shiners and which are producers blend
Based on a quick search the only one that is referenced as a shiner at this point is the N.98 Walla Walla Viognier.
Yah he doesn't use that term often. He said in a newspaper article that #1 is "the exact same wine" as the winery but that doesn't make it a shiner. A shiner is bottled by the producer and he is putting just the label on it.
On page 139 Cam talks about shiners for 44 and 45:

We will have a shipping update for everyone soon but Like I said in previous post...we are only shipping a little bit out tomorrow to make sure software is doing things correctly.

FYI...N.50 is coming down from Washington mid-week and has to be re-packed before shipment...44 and 45 were bottled into shiners and have to be labelled next week before shipping out.

We are moving as fast as we can on this folks but we need to be a bit cautious to make sure we don't over ship and deprive purchasers of their wines.

Cameron
K @ m p E l

R Scott Hughes

#7254 Post by R Scott Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 6:42 am

So on a slightly different De Negoce topic, how the hell do you plan to keep these wines organized? I haven't yet figured out my longer term storage plans so for now have added overflow racks in my office - one that is 12 bottles per row and the second with 6 per row. Pre-dN I could typically look at the capsule to know generally what was what - that doesn't work anymore. For the wines I haven't touched, it is pretty easy to know the entire row is OG. XX - but for those that are already in the drinking rotation, it is proving more difficult than expected to know what is where. Wine tags? I am not a very disciplined CT user. Anyone else having these issues? On a side note - with these being in my home office (in the basement and consistently cool) it also means that I need to make sure I use a virtual background when on video calls or the 200+ bottles of wine in the background tend to be surprisingly distracting.
R 0 L A N D

L Harris

#7255 Post by L Harris » November 19th, 2020, 6:53 am

R Scott Hughes wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 6:42 am
So on a slightly different De Negoce topic, how the hell do you plan to keep these wines organized? I haven't yet figured out my longer term storage plans so for now have added overflow racks in my office - one that is 12 bottles per row and the second with 6 per row. Pre-dN I could typically look at the capsule to know generally what was what - that doesn't work anymore. For the wines I haven't touched, it is pretty easy to know the entire row is OG. XX - but for those that are already in the drinking rotation, it is proving more difficult than expected to know what is where. Wine tags? I am not a very disciplined CT user. Anyone else having these issues? On a side note - with these being in my home office (in the basement and consistently cool) it also means that I need to make sure I use a virtual background when on video calls or the 200+ bottles of wine in the background tend to be surprisingly distracting.
I can tell you what I've done in my wine fridge - First off I've sorted shelves by varietal, and made sure to input both the location and shelf (as a Bin) in Cellar Tracker so I can sort that way. Additionally, and more to your question, my fridge has wire racks, and I have used the following (link below) to put labels on the racks and printed out Cellar Tracker labels that I slide into the holders, so I can easily see what wine is where (especially in the back of the rack where I can't see them):

Secondly, for wine racks where the neck sticks out, I was also considering these printable neck tags, again with the idea that I could print barcodes / info directly off of cellar tracker onto them (likely a bit more mail merge effort required!)

Last edited by L Harris on November 19th, 2020, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
L u k e

PeterJ
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7256 Post by PeterJ » November 19th, 2020, 6:59 am

R Scott Hughes wrote:
My idea may be too simple for a large storage system but I used a marker and put the DeNegoce number on the cork. Since there are no capsules this is helping visually in addition to the Excel grid I use anyway.
Peter J@ckel

David Buck

#7257 Post by David Buck » November 19th, 2020, 7:00 am

R Scott Hughes wrote:
I bought a sharpie that writes on glass in white. I put the number on the bottom of bottle. Works really well in my Artevino 2. Only way I could figure it out as I am stacking them 4 bottles high....Yeah defacing the bottles...but hey they are only 18 bucks a bottle [cheers.gif]

R Scott Hughes

#7258 Post by R Scott Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 7:03 am

David Buck wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 7:00 am

I bought a sharpie that writes on glass in white. I put the number on the bottom of bottle. Works really well in my Artevino 2. Only way I could figure it out as I am stacking them 4 bottles high....Yeah defacing the bottles...but hey they are only 18 bucks a bottle [cheers.gif]
Aren't you worried that defacing the bottles will decrease their investment value? [snort.gif]

The sharpie that writes on glass in white is a good idea, I may give that a shot.
R 0 L A N D

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7259 Post by Cameron Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 8:45 am

Allen Z wrote:
Did I miss Cam sharing when N 78 was bottled? I am set to receive it tomorrow but have no idea how long it will be shocked for.
Bottled 11/11...just added to website. Let it sit 6 months if you can :-)

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7260 Post by Cameron Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 8:47 am

Rohit B wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 7:50 am
N.66 on its way--anyone tried this yet?
cracked one yesterday actually to see if good to send out for review...don't touch it...ass backwards...Bottled 9/30 so its a waste of time.

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7261 Post by Cameron Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 8:51 am

Scott K wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 5:17 pm
MatthewT wrote:
mikepf1 wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Based on a quick search the only one that is referenced as a shiner at this point is the N.98 Walla Walla Viognier.
Yah he doesn't use that term often. He said in a newspaper article that #1 is "the exact same wine" as the winery but that doesn't make it a shiner. A shiner is bottled by the producer and he is putting just the label on it.

We will have a shipping update for everyone soon but Like I said in previous post...we are only shipping a little bit out tomorrow to make sure software is doing things correctly.

FYI...N.50 is coming down from Washington mid-week and has to be re-packed before shipment...44 and 45 were bottled into shiners and have to be labelled next week before shipping out.

We are moving as fast as we can on this folks but we need to be a bit cautious to make sure we don't over ship and deprive purchasers of their wines.

Cameron
We bottled these wines ourselves but the labels weren't printed so they went into shiner...should have been done months ago but we couldn't get much line time during crush so it had to wait...41, 44 and 45 went into bottle in early August so should be through shock but still swaddled in baby fat.

ChrisWolff

#7262 Post by ChrisWolff » November 19th, 2020, 8:52 am

Cameron Hughes wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 8:45 am
Allen Z wrote:
Wanted to compliment you all on the customer service last night- my family decided last minute that we are going to travel away for Thanksgiving. I sent an email to support asking they hold my shipments next week and had an affirmative email 3 hours later. Appreciate it!

Question about travel shock- are you a believer and if so what would you recommend in terms of wait time after wines have been delivered (assuming they’re out of the bottle shock window)?

Mark Morrissette
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7263 Post by Mark Morrissette » November 19th, 2020, 8:53 am

Cameron Hughes wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 8:47 am
Rohit B wrote:
cracked one yesterday actually to see if good to send out for review...don't touch it...ass backwards...Bottled 9/30 so its a waste of time.
Very helpful, thank you!

Allen Z

#7264 Post by Allen Z » November 19th, 2020, 8:55 am

Cameron Hughes wrote:
Allen Z wrote:
Thank you! Might be too tempted to not try at least one before then with a long decant [cheers.gif]
Z a r g a r

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7265 Post by Cameron Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 8:59 am

NealW wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 11:52 am
Curious as to if anyone has a list of which are shiners and which are producers blend
so far we have only purchased two shiners...the Walla Walla Viognier and a couple hundreds of cases of RRV Chard I just picked up. Everything else we bottle ourselves.

I will tell you in the copy whether its our blend or the producers or say, 97% producer with an addition from us. I saw some consternation about us putting a little of the N.78 cab into another bottling as though we were dumping wine...nothing could be further form the truth...I never blend to extend, only to improve. People forget we have a huge "artists palette" to blend with and we only improve on a producers wine, never extend. Cameron

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7266 Post by Cameron Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 9:02 am

ChrisWolff wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 8:52 am
Cameron Hughes wrote:
Allen Z wrote:
Wanted to compliment you all on the customer service last night- my family decided last minute that we are going to travel away for Thanksgiving. I sent an email to support asking they hold my shipments next week and had an affirmative email 3 hours later. Appreciate it!

Question about travel shock- are you a believer and if so what would you recommend in terms of wait time after wines have been delivered (assuming they’re out of the bottle shock window)?
I suspect travel shock occurs with big temp swings or anything that increases the internal pressure of the bottle...so, you can ship wine across country and as long as it doesn't see huge swing in temp, it probably won't be "shocky". However, if the wine went from a 55 degree warehouse and rapidly shot up to 80-85 degrees in some heat, then that would expand the liquid into the headspace and force the wine to absorb more oxygen and any other gas inhabiting that space. I could be wrong but maybe that would explain it.

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7267 Post by Cameron Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 9:04 am

Allen Z wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 8:55 am
Cameron Hughes wrote:
Allen Z wrote:
Thank you! Might be too tempted to not try at least one before then with a long decant [cheers.gif]
you can't decant your way out of bottle shock..even young wines really only show you a layer or two at a time...there's very little coherence to these wines at this age. Harmony comes with bottle age.

timmy roos
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7268 Post by timmy roos » November 19th, 2020, 9:34 am

David Buck wrote:
R Scott Hughes wrote:
Bingo! Everything I have has the number written on the bottom
Things are getting funny these day

Scott K

#7269 Post by Scott K » November 19th, 2020, 11:43 am

Cameron Hughes wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 8:51 am
Scott K wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 5:17 pm
MatthewT wrote:

Cameron
We bottled these wines ourselves but the labels weren't printed so they went into shiner...should have been done months ago but we couldn't get much line time during crush so it had to wait...41, 44 and 45 went into bottle in early August so should be through shock but still swaddled in baby fat.
Thanks for the clarification! Appreciate the communication in general.
K @ m p E l

Rohit B

#7270 Post by Rohit B » November 19th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Cameron Hughes wrote:
Rohit B wrote:
A waste of time and waste of wine! Thanks for your thoughts. Will hold off for awhile.
13 h @ n

ValerieA

#7271 Post by ValerieA » November 19th, 2020, 12:22 pm

Cameron Hughes wrote:
Rohit B wrote:
I tried it too, big mistake.
[cheers.gif] Valerie Tucker

Nick F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7272 Post by Nick F. » November 19th, 2020, 12:50 pm

Is there anyway to get bottling dates for all of these?
i a s c o n e

Cameron Hughes
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7273 Post by Cameron Hughes » November 19th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Nick F. wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 12:50 pm
they are all on the website product listings. if one is missing just ping me and I'll update.

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7274 Post by Scott Jameson » November 19th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Cameron,

In yesterday's email, you listed about a dozen wines to be shipped this week or next, and then said "This largely catches us up for current releases that are in the bottle." Does "largely" indicate there are still older, not listed wines yet to be shipped ? I'm still awaiting wine that the web site says was bottled in August.

<hr!s.L

#7275 Post by <hr!s.L » November 19th, 2020, 8:54 pm

Cameron Hughes wrote:
Rohit B wrote:

In the spirit of Cam's daily prayer for patience, this random customer review from five years back of a Clos du Val Cabernet on totalwine.com seems especially timely:

***** - Can Be Extraordinary

Perhaps not a useful review for the current vintages, but - years ago I bought a case of the 1978 based on a NY Times review. Layed it down to the early 1990s when we started drinking it, finally finished 10 years later. It was, simply, the best wine experience of my life. A huge wine, chewy, complex and refined all at the same time. I can only hope the 2013/14s are as good. You want to cellar this for a while, it only gets better, much better, with age.
L @ n g l 0 i s

rsmithjr

#7276 Post by rsmithjr » November 20th, 2020, 7:44 am

Still waiting on #3 Cab Franc from Stagecoach and # 41. Opened a # 6 and it was good to very good. Had just arrived 3 days before so it really needs to sit for a week.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

Matt N
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7277 Post by Matt N » November 20th, 2020, 8:35 am

timmy roos wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 9:34 am
David Buck wrote:
R Scott Hughes wrote:
Bingo! Everything I have has the number written on the bottom
Cellar Tracker DYMO labels on the bottle necks for cab bottles... Pinot bottles go in backwards with labels at very edge, bottom of bottle.
M. N1k0

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7278 Post by Mike R » November 20th, 2020, 10:22 am

Cam - I've seen a few times in separate emails that No 50 was supposed to ship (including on Wednesday a notice saying it would ship on Thursday) but it still hasn't. What is going on with the timing on that offering?

Also, any word on when we can expect No. 77 and No. 82 to ship? We're going to be moving soon and would really like to get these wines settled here before the move.
... 0 p 3 r

Michael Goode

#7279 Post by Michael Goode » November 20th, 2020, 11:35 am

New offering: OG N.108 2018 Fair Play District (El Dorado) Zinfandel 12-bottle case $96

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... ottle-case

The vineyards of the El Dorado's Fair Play district occupy the transitional foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains at elevations between 2,000- and 3,000-feet. As a result, the region has one of the larger diurnal swings in California. Renowned for powerful Zinfandel's that have, mercifully, been reigned in from the excesses of the 2000's, today the region produces wines of both power and grace and a great deal more precision.

This release is the first of several "Reserve" designated lots I purchased, all with 30+ price tags and all largely the winemaker's blends (we tweaked a few but just 1-2% using producer's wines). All have been in barrel until August 2020. This is an extremely well respected producer with deep roots in the region. The wines are very well made with broad stylistic appeal in that they are precisely what you would expect from the region.

Dusky, medium ruby. Springs from the glass with dusty plum, blackberry syrup and pepper dominating the nose with just a kiss of raspberry. There chocolate too but it shows more on the palate where the tootsie roll character envelops the warm, lush palate of black and red fruits in a long, smooth finish. The wine has tremendous balance and very good weight and structure - it should age nicely for another 5-7 years.

99% Zinfandel, 1% Petite Sirah
30% new American Oak, medium toast.
15.7% alc.
Bottled November 11th, 2020
500 cases available

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7280 Post by Nate Simon » November 20th, 2020, 11:36 am

Cameron Hughes wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 1:38 pm
Nick F. wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 12:50 pm
they are all on the website product listings. if one is missing just ping me and I'll update.
Altitude Syrah doesn't have a date.

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7281 Post by Peter C. » November 20th, 2020, 11:46 am

Mike R wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 10:22 am
Cam - I've seen a few times in separate emails that No 50 was supposed to ship (including on Wednesday a notice saying it would ship on Thursday) but it still hasn't. What is going on with the timing on that offering?

Also, any word on when we can expect No. 77 and No. 82 to ship? We're going to be moving soon and would really like to get these wines settled here before the move.
I have a label printed for 50. Hasn’t moved yet though.
( z y ® y ( @

John Webber
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7282 Post by John Webber » November 20th, 2020, 11:53 am

66 landed today. Still waiting on 16, 44, and 77.

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7283 Post by Peter C. » November 20th, 2020, 12:02 pm

John Webber wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 11:53 am
66 landed today. Still waiting on 16, 44, and 77.
Got a label for 44 printed, too.
( z y ® y ( @

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7284 Post by Jay $$ Winton » November 20th, 2020, 12:07 pm

Michael Goode wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 11:35 am
New offering: OG N.108 2018 Fair Play District (El Dorado) Zinfandel 12-bottle case $96

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-n- ... ottle-case

The vineyards of the El Dorado's Fair Play district occupy the transitional foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains at elevations between 2,000- and 3,000-feet. As a result, the region has one of the larger diurnal swings in California. Renowned for powerful Zinfandel's that have, mercifully, been reigned in from the excesses of the 2000's, today the region produces wines of both power and grace and a great deal more precision.

This release is the first of several "Reserve" designated lots I purchased, all with 30+ price tags and all largely the winemaker's blends (we tweaked a few but just 1-2% using producer's wines). All have been in barrel until August 2020. This is an extremely well respected producer with deep roots in the region. The wines are very well made with broad stylistic appeal in that they are precisely what you would expect from the region.

Dusky, medium ruby. Springs from the glass with dusty plum, blackberry syrup and pepper dominating the nose with just a kiss of raspberry. There chocolate too but it shows more on the palate where the tootsie roll character envelops the warm, lush palate of black and red fruits in a long, smooth finish. The wine has tremendous balance and very good weight and structure - it should age nicely for another 5-7 years.

99% Zinfandel, 1% Petite Sirah
30% new American Oak, medium toast.
15.7% alc.
Bottled November 11th, 2020
500 cases available
Tempting. I haven't had zins from this area.
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

L Harris

#7285 Post by L Harris » November 20th, 2020, 12:15 pm

Interesting note - it looks like he's swapped some of the numbers compared to what was on COLA - the 108 was supposed to be a Sierra Foothills Cab, and 114 was a Fair Play Zin...
L u k e

C. Heinsen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7286 Post by C. Heinsen » November 20th, 2020, 12:16 pm

I know a little bit about this area. I have been there multiple times and visited a half dozen wineries in the Fair Play district. In my opinion, a totally underrated area for quality. Many of the wineries sell Zin, Syrah, and other varietals to Napa producers that go into high end red wine blends. I have had very well balanced and refined zin from multiple producers up there. I would absolutely jump on this if I weren't confident I had some in my cellar already =)
C h r i s

john mccarty

#7287 Post by john mccarty » November 20th, 2020, 12:27 pm

not much to go on in the description, but I've only found 2 Fair Play AVA winemakers so far with reserve Zins that sell for over $30 - MV, and Shadow Ranch. These also sell reserve Cabs and Syrahs...

Carlton McCrindle
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7288 Post by Carlton McCrindle » November 20th, 2020, 12:33 pm

MV?

Dan Bowman

#7289 Post by Dan Bowman » November 20th, 2020, 12:40 pm

Miller Vineyards, right across from Toogood. I haven't tasted there in a long time but they used to have some nice reds.

Carlton McCrindle
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7290 Post by Carlton McCrindle » November 20th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Thanks, Dan.

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7291 Post by Jay $$ Winton » November 20th, 2020, 1:32 pm

C. Heinsen wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 12:16 pm
I know a little bit about this area. I have been there multiple times and visited a half dozen wineries in the Fair Play district. In my opinion, a totally underrated area for quality. Many of the wineries sell Zin, Syrah, and other varietals to Napa producers that go into high end red wine blends. I have had very well balanced and refined zin from multiple producers up there. I would absolutely jump on this if I weren't confident I had some in my cellar already =)
Thanks. For $96 a case I'm in
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

Eric White

#7292 Post by Eric White » November 20th, 2020, 1:54 pm

I'm in for a case of the Zin, I do enjoy zin and syrah from this area. Not a lot of clues, but I think Shadow Ranch is likely the closest fit.

Matt N
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7293 Post by Matt N » November 20th, 2020, 2:17 pm

Really want to try the zin, but racks are full and four bottles deep stacks on cellar floor at this point... ugh.
M. N1k0

Bill Stephenson

#7294 Post by Bill Stephenson » November 20th, 2020, 2:32 pm

Dan Bowman wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 12:40 pm
Miller Vineyards, right across from Toogood. I haven't tasted there in a long time but they used to have some nice reds.
If it's Miller then jump on it.
I have tasted there and while his Zins are good so is everyone else's in the area.
They tend to be softer than the racier zinfandels from nearby Shenandoah Valley

His Syrahs are what stood out for me.
I had a Miller Vineyards 2009 Baby Rattlesnake Syrah over a two day period and it was stunning, especially with beef stew.

z_hart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7295 Post by z_hart » November 20th, 2020, 3:46 pm

Anyone else received a mix case? I ordered a No 72 which came in the other day. Decided to open the box earlier and it was 6 of No 60 and 6 of no 72. Since the No 60 was $300/case vs the No 72 at $228 (which was the one I ordered/paid for), I'm not mad about it.
Attachments
60_72.jpg
z a c h

L Harris

#7296 Post by L Harris » November 20th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Bill Stephenson wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 2:32 pm
Dan Bowman wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 12:40 pm
If it's Miller then jump on it.
I have tasted there and while his Zins are good so is everyone else's in the area.
They tend to be softer than the racier zinfandels from nearby Shenandoah Valley

His Syrahs are what stood out for me.
I had a Miller Vineyards 2009 Baby Rattlesnake Syrah over a two day period and it was stunning, especially with beef stew.
Per the COLA filings there is a Fair Play Syrah coming. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are both from same producer, so a producer with solid Zins and Syrahs would be a good fit!
L u k e

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7297 Post by Mike R » November 20th, 2020, 6:19 pm

z_hart wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 3:46 pm
Anyone else received a mix case? I ordered a No 72 which came in the other day. Decided to open the box earlier and it was 6 of No 60 and 6 of no 72. Since the No 60 was $300/case vs the No 72 at $228 (which was the one I ordered/paid for), I'm not mad about it.
That’s really interesting. I haven’t opened any of the cases other than looking at a bottle or two. I wonder if I have any of these hiding in the case.
... 0 p 3 r

z_hart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7298 Post by z_hart » November 20th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Mike R wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 6:19 pm
That’s really interesting. I haven’t opened any of the cases other than looking at a bottle or two. I wonder if I have any of these hiding in the case.
[/quote]

I had about 8 cases stacked up, some of which were from DN, that I was going to take to offsite and decided to open up one DN boxes and pulled a single bottle out, which happened to be a No 60 Yountville, which I didn’t remember ordering. I’m actually pretty happy about it and would actually prefer it on future offers: 1 case with 2 or 3 different wines. That way, if you don’t like one bottling, there’s still 2 or 3 others.
z a c h

z_hart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7299 Post by z_hart » November 21st, 2020, 5:40 am

MatthewT wrote:
October 26th, 2020, 4:53 pm
z_hart wrote:
October 26th, 2020, 4:48 pm
With so many mix ups, between shipping, cases not adding up and wrong alcohol on the wine, how many mix ups do you think there will be with the wrong wine being in the bottles? Between a large number of barrels from different producers in somewhat ambiguous barrels, and then trying to match up particular barrels to particular labels.
Welcome to the thread!

Rather unlikely. They are bottled individually over different days over different months. I doubt if more than 2 or 3 have ever been bottled the same day.
Well, this post was was rather fortuitous. See post with picture a few posts up. Looks like a mix up did occur. My box shows N.72 with a bottling date of 10/01/2020, but half the bottles are labeled N.72 and half N.60.

So, do I have 6 bottles of N.72 that were mislabeled as N.60? Do I have have 6 bottles each of N.72 and N.60? Or is it a different wine?
z a c h

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7300 Post by Peter C. » November 21st, 2020, 6:07 am

Peter C. wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 11:46 am
Mike R wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 10:22 am

I have a label printed for 50. Hasn’t moved yet though.
N.50 is en route - N.44 still with printed label.
( z y ® y ( @

Return to “Wine Talk”