de Negoce offer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3751 Post by MatthewT » September 13th, 2020, 5:23 pm

Glen Gold wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 4:48 pm
MatthewT wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 4:34 pm
ray ormand wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Had OG #2 tonight: agree with Matthew T:delicious.
It is really, really, good. Much better than the last one I had which I also liked but wow. I only have about a glass and a half left and it's only 430PM here :)
For a good 15 seconds I thought you were talking about the air quality.
How sad that's where we are right now. We couldn't even go outside today in San Diego which is not really close to the fires.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 664
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: de Negoce offer

#3752 Post by Troy Stark » September 13th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Margo Smith wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:46 am
I hate to ask this question as I'm worried it will show an embarrassing amount of ignorance, but is there ever any sparkling wine in the bulk market? Is there a chance we could see bubbly in a future release? I would be super jazzed about that!
It's a good question. The answer is "yes and no." Take Champagne for example; it's production is highly regulated by the Comité Champagne (CIVC), so much so that they tell the farmers how much fruit they can pull from their vineyards, regardless of the crop size. The 2020 harvest was set at one of the lowest levels in the past 50 years due to the ongoing economic crisis caused by COVID.

On top of that, the production of Champagne is way more expensive and involved than that production of still wine that is sold in bulk. The "bubbles" happen in the bottle, so all the wine literally has to be bottled and secondary fermentation complete before it can be called "Champagne." Thus, the opportunities to sell the wine off in bulk are not as prevalent. The person buying the wine has to have the facilities to bottle it and turn it into bubbly wine, rather than still, which takes time and space. Because of all this, the CIVC attempts to project sales and match production to those expected sales numbers, leaving little room for excess production in theory.

In practice, it's a different story. Even at it's lowest production levels, Champagne, like many other regions, produces more wine than it can sell most years. This is why you can buy Kirkland Champagne at $19.99. It's not necessarily great Champagne, but it's better than Prosecco for a few dollars more. On top of that, the entire region is sitting on about 1.4B bottles of unsold inventory, which is about seven years worth of sales.

So, while it's not as common, it is possible the current situation will create opportunities for people to buy finished wine from producers who are worried they can't sell what they currently have aging in their cellars. In short, if Cameron comes out with a dN Champagne, I guarantee you it will probably be a phenomenal deal you should buy.

More info here: https://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2020/08 ... -territory
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
P@u1_M3nk3s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1721
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 2:14 pm
Location: El Cerrito CA

Re: de Negoce offer

#3753 Post by P@u1_M3nk3s » September 13th, 2020, 9:31 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Margo Smith wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:46 am
I hate to ask this question as I'm worried it will show an embarrassing amount of ignorance, but is there ever any sparkling wine in the bulk market? Is there a chance we could see bubbly in a future release? I would be super jazzed about that!
It's a good question. The answer is "yes and no." Take Champagne for example; it's production is highly regulated by the Comité Champagne (CIVC), so much so that they tell the farmers how much fruit they can pull from their vineyards, regardless of the crop size. The 2020 harvest was set at one of the lowest levels in the past 50 years due to the ongoing economic crisis caused by COVID.

On top of that, the production of Champagne is way more expensive and involved than that production of still wine that is sold in bulk. The "bubbles" happen in the bottle, so all the wine literally has to be bottled and secondary fermentation complete before it can be called "Champagne." Thus, the opportunities to sell the wine off in bulk are not as prevalent. The person buying the wine has to have the facilities to bottle it and turn it into bubbly wine, rather than still, which takes time and space. Because of all this, the CIVC attempts to project sales and match production to those expected sales numbers, leaving little room for excess production in theory.

In practice, it's a different story. Even at it's lowest production levels, Champagne, like many other regions, produces more wine than it can sell most years. This is why you can buy Kirkland Champagne at $19.99. It's not necessarily great Champagne, but it's better than Prosecco for a few dollars more. On top of that, the entire region is sitting on about 1.4B bottles of unsold inventory, which is about seven years worth of sales.

So, while it's not as common, it is possible the current situation will create opportunities for people to buy finished wine from producers who are worried they can't sell what they currently have aging in their cellars. In short, if Cameron comes out with a dN Champagne, I guarantee you it will probably be a phenomenal deal you should buy.

More info here: https://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2020/08 ... -territory
Troy,
I think Margo is asking about California sparkling wine. I have no idea, even if I imagine if there is high end available, that it would cost more than bulk still wine. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Cheers,
Paul

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 638
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: de Negoce offer

#3754 Post by JonathanG » September 13th, 2020, 10:34 pm

I'm with Margo, if CH rolls out a sparkler, it's going to sell like crazy.
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 664
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: de Negoce offer

#3755 Post by Troy Stark » September 14th, 2020, 5:24 am

P@u1_M3nk3s wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 9:31 pm
Troy,
I think Margo is asking about California sparkling wine. I have no idea, even if I imagine if there is high end available, that it would cost more than bulk still wine. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Same principles apply for any wine made using the traditional method of secondary bottle fermentation, which would include all of the high-end CA and OR sparkling wines, except there's no control of the crop size by a central regulating authority. So, in theory, there's more chance for oversupply of CA (probably not OR) sparkling wine than there is of Champagne, but I don't think it plays out that way.

Again, traditional sparkling wine production is a time consuming and labor intensive process. People generally don't produce more bottles than they intend to sell because of this, so I would be surprised to see a CA sparkling offer. In fact, if someone came to me and said there will be a dN sparkling offer and I have to put money on where it will be from, I would guess Champagne over CA. That said, in all honesty, I don't think Cameron will offer any sparkling wines.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Eric White
Posts: 274
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Location: Banks, OR

Re: de Negoce offer

#3756 Post by Eric White » September 14th, 2020, 6:52 am

I had a couple fellow wine geeks over last night, so I opened two:

No. 16, 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
No 8, 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet

None of us took formal notes, but I am as pleased as I could be with these. If they represent the overall project quality, I am going to be very, very happy. The SB is a classic CA SB, with grass, melon, honeysuckle, and thankfully no cat pee. Fresh and bright, $11 bucks delivered is just silly for this wine. The No. 08 Cabernet - decanted for about 5 hours, obviously still very, very young, this is showing predominantly vanilla on the nose right now, but with classic mountain fruit, a lush, rich and very fine palate, dark fruits, this will be really great with some time for the oak to integrate.

One happy camper here.

Toby P
Posts: 151
Joined: May 7th, 2018, 6:44 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3757 Post by Toby P » September 14th, 2020, 7:18 am

Eric White wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:52 am
I had a couple fellow wine geeks over last night, so I opened two:

No. 16, 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
No 8, 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet

None of us took formal notes, but I am as pleased as I could be with these. If they represent the overall project quality, I am going to be very, very happy. The SB is a classic CA SB, with grass, melon, honeysuckle, and thankfully no cat pee. Fresh and bright, $11 bucks delivered is just silly for this wine. The No. 08 Cabernet - decanted for about 5 hours, obviously still very, very young, this is showing predominantly vanilla on the nose right now, but with classic mountain fruit, a lush, rich and very fine palate, dark fruits, this will be really great with some time for the oak to integrate.

One happy camper here.
Awesome to hear, looking forward to getting both of these in Oct. The reds are understandably the most exciting, but the #16 SB has gotten pretty standout reviews for an $11 wine. Thanks for sharing!
P r a t t

Richard Jen
Posts: 131
Joined: January 24th, 2019, 5:53 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: de Negoce offer

#3758 Post by Richard Jen » September 14th, 2020, 8:31 am

Toby P wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 7:18 am
Eric White wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:52 am
I had a couple fellow wine geeks over last night, so I opened two:

No. 16, 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
No 8, 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet

None of us took formal notes, but I am as pleased as I could be with these. If they represent the overall project quality, I am going to be very, very happy. The SB is a classic CA SB, with grass, melon, honeysuckle, and thankfully no cat pee. Fresh and bright, $11 bucks delivered is just silly for this wine. The No. 08 Cabernet - decanted for about 5 hours, obviously still very, very young, this is showing predominantly vanilla on the nose right now, but with classic mountain fruit, a lush, rich and very fine palate, dark fruits, this will be really great with some time for the oak to integrate.

One happy camper here.
Awesome to hear, looking forward to getting both of these in Oct. The reds are understandably the most exciting, but the #16 SB has gotten pretty standout reviews for an $11 wine. Thanks for sharing!
Indeed. Thanks for the note. Glad that I purchased my 2nd case last week with the first still on hold, betting that Cameron knows the market price of Sauvignon Blanc enough to not release a mediocre one early in the venture. If #16 is as good as Bedrock Sonoma County or Quivira Fig Tree Vineyard I would be on the waitlist for the third case.

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 638
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: de Negoce offer

#3759 Post by JonathanG » September 14th, 2020, 8:57 am

Eric White wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:52 am
I had a couple fellow wine geeks over last night, so I opened two:

No. 16, 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
No 8, 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet

None of us took formal notes, but I am as pleased as I could be with these. If they represent the overall project quality, I am going to be very, very happy. The SB is a classic CA SB, with grass, melon, honeysuckle, and thankfully no cat pee. Fresh and bright, $11 bucks delivered is just silly for this wine. The No. 08 Cabernet - decanted for about 5 hours, obviously still very, very young, this is showing predominantly vanilla on the nose right now, but with classic mountain fruit, a lush, rich and very fine palate, dark fruits, this will be really great with some time for the oak to integrate.

One happy camper here.
Thats great to hear Eric, thanks for posting. I'm foreseeing the FOMO meter going off the charts now for any offers coming out this week!
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

User avatar
rsmithjr
Posts: 261
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 11:25 am
Location: Troy, Mich

Re: de Negoce offer

#3760 Post by rsmithjr » September 14th, 2020, 9:02 am

Eric White wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:52 am
I had a couple fellow wine geeks over last night, so I opened two:

No. 16, 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
No 8, 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet

None of us took formal notes, but I am as pleased as I could be with these. If they represent the overall project quality, I am going to be very, very happy. The SB is a classic CA SB, with grass, melon, honeysuckle, and thankfully no cat pee. Fresh and bright, $11 bucks delivered is just silly for this wine. The No. 08 Cabernet - decanted for about 5 hours, obviously still very, very young, this is showing predominantly vanilla on the nose right now, but with classic mountain fruit, a lush, rich and very fine palate, dark fruits, this will be really great with some time for the oak to integrate.

One happy camper here.
Thanks for the note on no. 8....
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3761 Post by MatthewT » September 14th, 2020, 10:23 am

I got 2 cases of 8 coming [dance.gif]

Which I think with high degree of confidence is ANTHEM! Even though I have no idea if Anthem is any good or not.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3762 Post by MatthewT » September 14th, 2020, 11:25 am

I feel very good about an offer today. If I had to guess, it will be a $125++ for $20 and will drop around 3:15PM PST (PDT for the one anal person on this board).
I'm a Turk

User avatar
rsmithjr
Posts: 261
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 11:25 am
Location: Troy, Mich

Re: de Negoce offer

#3763 Post by rsmithjr » September 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm

I thought Tuesday was the hotspot for OG's....
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3764 Post by MatthewT » September 14th, 2020, 1:01 pm

rsmithjr wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm
I thought Tuesday was the hotspot for OG's....
You're right, it never happens on a Sunday or Monday. OG 40 doesn't count.

So yah, it's definitely happening today.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
David Buck
Posts: 286
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 3:50 pm
Location: Guilford, CT

Re: de Negoce offer

#3765 Post by David Buck » September 14th, 2020, 2:05 pm

MatthewT wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 1:01 pm
rsmithjr wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm
I thought Tuesday was the hotspot for OG's....
You're right, it never happens on a Sunday or Monday. OG 40 doesn't count.

So yah, it's definitely happening today.
Looking at my release notes OG11 and 13 came out on a Monday. But that was back in June...Probably tomorrow....

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3766 Post by MatthewT » September 14th, 2020, 2:06 pm

David Buck wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 2:05 pm
MatthewT wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 1:01 pm
rsmithjr wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm
I thought Tuesday was the hotspot for OG's....
You're right, it never happens on a Sunday or Monday. OG 40 doesn't count.

So yah, it's definitely happening today.
Looking at my release notes OG11 and 13 came out on a Monday. But that was back in June...Probably tomorrow....
I only went back to OG 25 looking at patterns, figured the older stuff irrelevant now.

OG #42: Friday, 1:04PM
OG #32: Thursday, 3:36PM
OG #39: Tuesday, 3:34PM
OG #38: Saturday, 4:26PM
OG #36: Saturday 10:50AM
OG #37: Friday, 4:32PM
OG #33: Wednesday, 2:37PM
OG #30: Tuesday, 1:05PM
OG #35: Friday, 1:31PM
OG #34: Friday 11:39AM
OG 27/28/29: Initial email to VIP customers *ahem* Wed 9:43AM; follow up email to everyone Wed 4:48
OG #31: Thursday, 9:11AM
OG #25: Tuesday 7:38AM!
I'm a Turk

EAScrog
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 25
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:13 pm
Location: SF Bay Area (CoCo County)

Re: de Negoce offer

#3767 Post by EAScrog » September 14th, 2020, 7:03 pm

Eric White wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:52 am
I had a couple fellow wine geeks over last night, so I opened two:

No. 16, 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc


None of us took formal notes, but I am as pleased as I could be with these. If they represent the overall project quality, I am going to be very, very happy. The SB is a classic CA SB, with grass, melon, honeysuckle, and thankfully no cat pee. Fresh and bright, $11 bucks delivered is just silly for this wine.
One happy camper here.
Fantastic news, no cat pee. I know just what you mean, and because of that di-stink-tive marker, don't enjoy many SBs. But I'm pretty excited that a case of this one is on it's way to me soon.
Eric, did you decant it or do anything besides chill it? About 55 degrees? I want to treat it right. [cheers.gif]
E l i s a b e t h

James Mc
Posts: 169
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3768 Post by James Mc » September 14th, 2020, 7:13 pm

For those interested, got confirmation that #11 is all gone.
McCormick Seasonings

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 638
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: de Negoce offer

#3769 Post by JonathanG » September 14th, 2020, 7:15 pm

MatthewT wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 10:23 am
I got 2 cases of 8 coming [dance.gif]

Which I think with high degree of confidence is ANTHEM! Even though I have no idea if Anthem is any good or not.
Which is no surprise, you have 2 cases of almost all of them coming [cheers.gif]
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

User avatar
Eric White
Posts: 274
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Location: Banks, OR

Re: de Negoce offer

#3770 Post by Eric White » September 14th, 2020, 7:19 pm

EAScrog wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 7:03 pm
Eric White wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:52 am
I had a couple fellow wine geeks over last night, so I opened two:

No. 16, 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc


None of us took formal notes, but I am as pleased as I could be with these. If they represent the overall project quality, I am going to be very, very happy. The SB is a classic CA SB, with grass, melon, honeysuckle, and thankfully no cat pee. Fresh and bright, $11 bucks delivered is just silly for this wine.
One happy camper here.
Fantastic news, no cat pee. I know just what you mean, and because of that di-stink-tive marker, don't enjoy many SBs. But I'm pretty excited that a case of this one is on it's way to me soon.
Eric, did you decant it or do anything besides chill it? About 55 degrees? I want to treat it right. [cheers.gif]
I did not decant the SB, it was fresh and alive right out of the bottle. Revisited the remaining half glass that was still in the bottle 24 hours later and it was still going strong, which I find super encouraging (no gas or anything).

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3771 Post by MatthewT » September 14th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Sad to report CH shot down any idea of a convention/party/tasting party. Said too much in his plate with his businesses.

If anyone on this board has event experience and is interested, I would partner with you and put on the event. I would mostly want to be a silent partner so you'd be doing the work and making the money. But I think it would be lots of fun. Of course, this hinges on him actually having held back 50 cases of each wine and us being able to procure a part of it.

I don't think we could do it till fall of 2021 given covid.
I'm a Turk

EAScrog
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 25
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:13 pm
Location: SF Bay Area (CoCo County)

Re: de Negoce offer

#3772 Post by EAScrog » September 14th, 2020, 9:25 pm

In case anyone missed out, this is back up on the de Negoce page: OG N.43 2018 Napa (Oakville/St. Helena) Cabernet Sauvignon
E l i s a b e t h

User avatar
rsmithjr
Posts: 261
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 11:25 am
Location: Troy, Mich

Re: de Negoce offer

#3773 Post by rsmithjr » September 15th, 2020, 7:14 am

EAScrog wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 9:25 pm
In case anyone missed out, this is back up on the de Negoce page: OG N.43 2018 Napa (Oakville/St. Helena) Cabernet Sauvignon
Sold out...

Predict a OG at 3:36 EDT today.....
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

J. Patrick Lynch
Posts: 103
Joined: June 25th, 2020, 9:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: de Negoce offer

#3774 Post by J. Patrick Lynch » September 15th, 2020, 10:52 am

rsmithjr wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:14 am
EAScrog wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 9:25 pm
In case anyone missed out, this is back up on the de Negoce page: OG N.43 2018 Napa (Oakville/St. Helena) Cabernet Sauvignon
Sold out...

Predict a OG at 3:36 EDT today.....
My cart says 18 available.

User avatar
rsmithjr
Posts: 261
Joined: December 8th, 2015, 11:25 am
Location: Troy, Mich

Re: de Negoce offer

#3775 Post by rsmithjr » September 15th, 2020, 12:19 pm

J. Patrick Lynch wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 10:52 am
rsmithjr wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:14 am
EAScrog wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 9:25 pm
In case anyone missed out, this is back up on the de Negoce page: OG N.43 2018 Napa (Oakville/St. Helena) Cabernet Sauvignon
Sold out...

Predict a OG at 3:36 EDT today.....
My cart says 18 available.
Not sure how you do that.....I must be doing something wrong.... [swearing.gif]
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 294
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 8:37 am
Location: NYC

Re: de Negoce offer

#3776 Post by Mike R » September 15th, 2020, 12:36 pm

I ordered a bunch of cans of white (72 cans in total) from Last Bottle last week from one of their recent offerings. They apparently decided to ship them in normal wine cases, with each can in its own bottle hole. As a result, I had 6 large cases of wine (that happened to be abnormally light) dropped off today. It was a very ugly preview of what is to come in a few weeks. I was almost ashamed, but it is what it is. I offered the UPS guy some wine, but he declined. Is it rude/weird to offer a cash tip once the OGs are delivered in October?
... 0 p 3 r

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3777 Post by MatthewT » September 15th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Ladies & Gentleman:

We have entered...

#deNegoce #zone

High confidence in a deal today. Tuesday. Very little last week. Lots of backlog. Great day for a deal.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3778 Post by MatthewT » September 15th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Mike R wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 12:36 pm
I ordered a bunch of cans of white (72 cans in total) from Last Bottle last week from one of their recent offerings. They apparently decided to ship them in normal wine cases, with each can in its own bottle hole. As a result, I had 6 large cases of wine (that happened to be abnormally light) dropped off today. It was a very ugly preview of what is to come in a few weeks. I was almost ashamed, but it is what it is. I offered the UPS guy some wine, but he declined. Is it rude/weird to offer a cash tip once the OGs are delivered in October?
I saw that offer. How on earth does Last Bottle make any money doing that at $3/can!!??!??! They HAD to lose money. Just makes no sense.
I'm a Turk

James Mc
Posts: 169
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3779 Post by James Mc » September 15th, 2020, 2:20 pm

Each can is 250ml, 3 cans = 750 bottle, so would be $9/bottle.
McCormick Seasonings

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3780 Post by MatthewT » September 15th, 2020, 2:29 pm

James Mc wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Each can is 250ml, 3 cans = 750 bottle, so would be $9/bottle.
Yes, but they shipped 12 cans in each box! So they made $36 from the sale w/ free shipping before costs of the cans. They had to have lost money.
I'm a Turk

john mccarty
Posts: 71
Joined: June 18th, 2020, 11:32 am

Re: de Negoce offer

#3781 Post by john mccarty » September 15th, 2020, 2:32 pm

MatthewT wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:12 pm
Ladies & Gentleman:

We have entered...

#deNegoce #zone

High confidence in a deal today. Tuesday. Very little last week. Lots of backlog. Great day for a deal.
Most likely either a cab (n.41) or a pinot (n.48). Come on, let's just get it over with.

James Mc
Posts: 169
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3782 Post by James Mc » September 15th, 2020, 2:48 pm

MatthewT wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:29 pm
James Mc wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Each can is 250ml, 3 cans = 750 bottle, so would be $9/bottle.
Yes, but they shipped 12 cans in each box! So they made $36 from the sale w/ free shipping before costs of the cans. They had to have lost money.
Fair point. Thought your point was around the bottles themselves before shipping. Agreed on your point with free shipping that has to have been a loss.
McCormick Seasonings

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 294
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 8:37 am
Location: NYC

Re: de Negoce offer

#3783 Post by Mike R » September 15th, 2020, 2:56 pm

Yeah the shipping alone on those six cases must have been somewhere around $60-$70 bucks or so.
... 0 p 3 r

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4200
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3784 Post by Peter C. » September 15th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Mike R wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 12:36 pm
I ordered a bunch of cans of white (72 cans in total) from Last Bottle last week from one of their recent offerings. They apparently decided to ship them in normal wine cases, with each can in its own bottle hole. As a result, I had 6 large cases of wine (that happened to be abnormally light) dropped off today. It was a very ugly preview of what is to come in a few weeks. I was almost ashamed, but it is what it is. I offered the UPS guy some wine, but he declined. Is it rude/weird to offer a cash tip once the OGs are delivered in October?
champagne.gif

Glad it's not just me. I didn't order these, but given all the wine.com and WA codes, I've had weeks where 20 boxes of wine (not cases) are delivered. By Friday the guy steps off the truck and laughs. He's like man you look sober are you drinking any of this? [snort.gif]
( z y ® y ( @

Rodrigo B
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 97
Joined: June 9th, 2020, 11:21 pm
Location: New York

Re: de Negoce offer

#3785 Post by Rodrigo B » September 15th, 2020, 3:36 pm

B r a g a

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3786 Post by MatthewT » September 15th, 2020, 3:36 pm

WE ARE LIVE

#48, Pinot. I bought, but it's mostly for my wife. But "well north of $60" and "winery blend" for $13 with those scores is a low risk no brainer.

#deNegoceforever
I'm a Turk

User avatar
Joe G a l e w s k i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1288
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:41 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: de Negoce offer

#3787 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i » September 15th, 2020, 3:37 pm

I would like to know the producer for #48.

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3788 Post by MatthewT » September 15th, 2020, 3:39 pm

Joe G a l e w s k i wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 3:37 pm
I would like to know the producer for #48.
So many clues, feels like this one should be easy.
I'm a Turk

Juliec
Posts: 251
Joined: August 16th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3789 Post by Juliec » September 15th, 2020, 3:40 pm

What are people’s experience with DeLoach PN. I haven’t ever had them.
hong

R Roberts
Posts: 984
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 8:03 pm
Location: SF peninsula

Re: de Negoce offer

#3790 Post by R Roberts » September 15th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Dehlinger?
R.ama

User avatar
Brent S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 189
Joined: August 8th, 2019, 9:59 am

Re: de Negoce offer

#3791 Post by Brent S » September 15th, 2020, 3:43 pm

i'm wondering if it's dehlinger as well. I buy annually from Dehlinger and Goldridge is the actual name of their flagship pinot
Br@nt $prenkle

User avatar
Curtis Chen
Posts: 1231
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3792 Post by Curtis Chen » September 15th, 2020, 3:43 pm

Kanzler Vineyards?
CellarTracker: Curtis Chen

Dave Hauser
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 56
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:18 am

Re: de Negoce offer

#3793 Post by Dave Hauser » September 15th, 2020, 3:43 pm

R Roberts wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 3:41 pm
Dehlinger?
I'd love for that to be true, but would Dehlinger really give up 1000 cases?

-Dave Hauser

User avatar
Brent S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 189
Joined: August 8th, 2019, 9:59 am

Re: de Negoce offer

#3794 Post by Brent S » September 15th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Dehlinger doesn't seem to have issues selling through wines either.
Br@nt $prenkle

User avatar
Brent S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 189
Joined: August 8th, 2019, 9:59 am

Re: de Negoce offer

#3795 Post by Brent S » September 15th, 2020, 3:47 pm

regardless, i bought this one. i haven't bought any pinot from them yet.
Br@nt $prenkle

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1344
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: de Negoce offer

#3796 Post by MatthewT » September 15th, 2020, 3:48 pm

Dave Hauser wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 3:43 pm
R Roberts wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 3:41 pm
Dehlinger?
I'd love for that to be true, but would Dehlinger really give up 1000 cases?

-Dave Hauser
More. This is 1000 for the first tranche.
I'm a Turk

Andy P.
Posts: 11
Joined: January 28th, 2020, 9:15 am

Re: de Negoce offer

#3797 Post by Andy P. » September 15th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Far Niente Les Pommiers?
P a r k i n

User avatar
Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1979
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:49 am
Location: Sherman Oaks

Re: de Negoce offer

#3798 Post by Scott Watkins » September 15th, 2020, 3:50 pm

Iron horse makes Gold ridge Pinots and I think they sell north of $60?
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

User avatar
Joe G a l e w s k i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1288
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:41 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: de Negoce offer

#3799 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i » September 15th, 2020, 3:51 pm

Dehlinger doesn't have any 2016 or 2017 Wine Enthusiast reviews. Iron Horse doesn't have any WE reviews that are 92 or 93 points.

Rodrigo B
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 97
Joined: June 9th, 2020, 11:21 pm
Location: New York

Re: de Negoce offer

#3800 Post by Rodrigo B » September 15th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Andy P. wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 3:49 pm
Far Niente Les Pommiers?
Les Pommiers had a 89 and 93 from Wine Spectator for 2016 and 2017 respectively. Cam said the scores were 93 and 92 for those years, so I don’t think it fits
B r a g a

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”