de Negoce offer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: de Negoce offer

#9151 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

I found the tech sheet: https://1831569d-1f8d-4944-8b94-599cf9e ... fae016.pdf

Lines up perfectly. Also confirms that the ABV doesn’t always line up with the source wine.

<hr!s.L

#9152 Post by <hr!s.L »

Chris C a r y wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 10:27 am Eric, any thoughts on how the Coravin needle affects the Nomacorc closure? I haven’t tried it, but am considering getting a coravin. I’ve seen some concerns over weeping after use on this type of closure.
For anyone interested in getting a Coravin, Bergdorf Goodman has an extra 30% off their sale promotion that ends today. There is free shipping and free returns. No code necessary.

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/search/ ... oravin&fl=

Prices with extra discount:
Model Six - $210
Mode Five - $175
Model Three - $105

Online offer expires 4/5/21 at 10PM CT.

Also the aerator is $21 with the promotion.

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/corav ... d144650198
L @ n g l 0 i s

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9153 Post by MatthewT »

<hr!s.L wrote: April 5th, 2021, 3:16 pm
Chris C a r y wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 10:27 am Eric, any thoughts on how the Coravin needle affects the Nomacorc closure? I haven’t tried it, but am considering getting a coravin. I’ve seen some concerns over weeping after use on this type of closure.
For anyone interested in getting a Coravin, Bergdorf Goodman has an extra 30% off their sale promotion that ends today. There is free shipping and free returns. No code necessary.

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/search/ ... oravin&fl=

Prices with extra discount:
Model Six - $210
Mode Five - $175
Model Three - $105

Online offer expires 4/5/21 at 10PM CT.

Also the aerator is $21 with the promotion.

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/corav ... d144650198
Got the Model Three - the price is right to try this out. Thanks!
I'm a Turk

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9154 Post by ekwartler »

Walla Walla Mixed Case Offer

In this case you will receive 3-bottles of each of the following wines with SHIPPING INCLUDED.

All of these wines were bottled in mid-December or late-January and are coming around nicely. I just tasted through the lineup and think they'll be cracked open by late May/June. The source winery retails these wines for between $40 and $60+/bottle. Needless to say, this is a hell of a deal at $12/bottle delivered.

A link to the original release copy for each wine is listed below.

3 bottles OG N.85 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Franc
3 bottles OG N.86 2018 Walla Walla Merlot
3 bottles OG N.88 2018 Columbia Valley Syrah (Horse Heaven Hills/Walla Walla)
3 bottles OG N.89 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon
Early community reviews on CellarTracker.com can be found for N.86 and N.88; however, the other wines have not been reviewed yet.

I have a 120 cases of each dedicated to this 4-pack so there will be a total of 480 mixed 12-packs available at this price.

(I'm already in for a case but would be interested to hear from people who have tried the wines. All I've had was 89, and I was impressed)
E r i c

MJSPollock

#9155 Post by MJSPollock »

ekwartler wrote: April 5th, 2021, 3:45 pm Walla Walla Mixed Case Offer

In this case you will receive 3-bottles of each of the following wines with SHIPPING INCLUDED.

All of these wines were bottled in mid-December or late-January and are coming around nicely. I just tasted through the lineup and think they'll be cracked open by late May/June. The source winery retails these wines for between $40 and $60+/bottle. Needless to say, this is a hell of a deal at $12/bottle delivered.

A link to the original release copy for each wine is listed below.

3 bottles OG N.85 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Franc
3 bottles OG N.86 2018 Walla Walla Merlot
3 bottles OG N.88 2018 Columbia Valley Syrah (Horse Heaven Hills/Walla Walla)
3 bottles OG N.89 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon
Early community reviews on CellarTracker.com can be found for N.86 and N.88; however, the other wines have not been reviewed yet.

I have a 120 cases of each dedicated to this 4-pack so there will be a total of 480 mixed 12-packs available at this price.

(I'm already in for a case but would be interested to hear from people who have tried the wines. All I've had was 89, and I was impressed)

86 with a long decant was good... we've already had two bottles of it and it's not even in prime shape yet.
M I c h a e l

<hr!s.L

#9156 Post by <hr!s.L »

“SHIPPING INCLUDED” - looks like Cam has addressed charging tax on shipping for this offer. Curious if we’ll see more shipping included going forward.

As for the wines, I’ve had 86 and 89 - both with 4-6 hour decants - and would also recommend. Definitely screaming deals for the original tranche pricing (and subtracting shipping, pricing is slightly lower for this offer, so an even better deal.)
Last edited by <hr!s.L on April 5th, 2021, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L @ n g l 0 i s

<hr!s.L

#9157 Post by <hr!s.L »

MatthewT wrote: April 5th, 2021, 3:27 pm Got the Model Three - the price is right to try this out. Thanks!
You’re welcome!

I got the Model Five a while back. It’s a fun little gizmo and I’m happy to have it. I just wish more of the dN releases had micro-agglomerated closures so I could use it with ease more often.
L @ n g l 0 i s

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9158 Post by Eric White »

I had skipped all of these the first time around, and I'm glad I did - in for a mixed case.

t3matta

#9159 Post by t3matta »

Hardest part is not knowing what's in the pipeline.. can't decide which is worse: FOMO on a current offer or "regretting" not utilizing that budget for a future offer you'd like even more. Decisions, decisions..
T o n y

Chris C a r y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9160 Post by Chris C a r y »

I'd like to see a white mixed case. In case anybody <cough-Cam-cough> is lurking. [wink.gif]

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9161 Post by MatthewT »

<hr!s.L wrote: April 5th, 2021, 3:59 pm
MatthewT wrote: April 5th, 2021, 3:27 pm Got the Model Three - the price is right to try this out. Thanks!
You’re welcome!

I got the Model Five a while back. It’s a fun little gizmo and I’m happy to have it. I just wish more of the dN releases had micro-agglomerated closures so I could use it with ease more often.
I prob won't use it for dN. I like the idea for expensive wines where maybe wife and I only want a glass w/ a nice steak dinner and then again in a month or two. Also my sister in law regularly wants white wine and might not be back in a week or two and we always waste part of the bottle. Problem solved!
I'm a Turk

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9162 Post by ekwartler »

MatthewT wrote: April 5th, 2021, 4:09 pm I prob won't use it for dN. I like the idea for expensive wines where maybe wife and I only want a glass w/ a nice steak dinner and then again in a month or two. Also my sister in law regularly wants white wine and might not be back in a week or two and we always waste part of the bottle. Problem solved!
Yes, the coravin is definitely great for that person in your life. Though if you're not careful you end up spending more on argon than you would have on the wine they leave behind.
E r i c

<hr!s.L

#9163 Post by <hr!s.L »

MatthewT wrote: April 5th, 2021, 4:09 pm I prob won't use it for dN. I like the idea for expensive wines where maybe wife and I only want a glass w/ a nice steak dinner and then again in a month or two. Also my sister in law regularly wants white wine and might not be back in a week or two and we always waste part of the bottle. Problem solved!
Yeah, it's a pretty revolutionary invention, imminently useful in myriad scenarios. I think your intended use regarding single glasses of expensive wines is the standard purpose of the device outside of winery tasting rooms. I bought one exclusively for dN as the entire nature of the venture is to hold onto and wait for vast quantities of young wine to come to maturity. That said, I've used it on bottles so cheap, I've wondered if I'm spending more on Argon than what I'm saving in wine. I have a little chuckle in those moments.

Edit - I see Eric has beat me to the punch - and that Coravin users may think similar Argon-conserving thoughts
Last edited by <hr!s.L on April 5th, 2021, 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
L @ n g l 0 i s

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9164 Post by ekwartler »

<hr!s.L wrote: April 5th, 2021, 4:22 pm
Yeah, it's a pretty revolutionary invention, imminently useful in myriad scenarios. I think your intended use regarding single glasses of expensive wines is the standard purpose of the device outside of winery tasting rooms. I bought one exclusively for dN as the entire nature of the venture is to hold onto and wait for vast quantities of young wine to come to maturity. That said, I've used it on bottles so cheap, I've wondered if I'm spending more on Argon than what I'm saving in wine. I have a little chuckle in those moments.

Edit - I see Eric has beat me to the punch - and that Coravin users may think similar Argon-conserving thoughts
Yeah, but unlike a $15 bottle of kim crawford, the opportunity cost of losing part of a de negoce bottle is higher than the dollar amount you paid for it. That is why we all joined this cult, right?
E r i c

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9165 Post by MatthewT »

ekwartler wrote: April 5th, 2021, 4:16 pm
Yes, the coravin is definitely great for that person in your life. Though if you're not careful you end up spending more on argon than you would have on the wine they leave behind.
I'm sure you kidding but looks like $10/capsule and good for 4 bottles of wine especially if the last glass or two is just uncorked so prob 5 bottles? So $2/bottle?
I'm a Turk

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9166 Post by mattcitrang »

Coravin users might want to look into this.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154996
Ace Citrang10

<hr!s.L

#9167 Post by <hr!s.L »

MatthewT wrote: April 5th, 2021, 4:43 pm
ekwartler wrote: April 5th, 2021, 4:16 pm
I'm sure you kidding but looks like $10/capsule and good for 4 bottles of wine especially if the last glass or two is just uncorked so prob 5 bottles? So $2/bottle?
Yes, it would be hard to actually use more money in Argon than the remainder of wine you're preserving - unless I guess it's Two-Buck Chuck.

I'd recommend googling a review / tutorial as some reviewers claim to get extra mileage beyond Coravin's official estimates from their Argon capsules through good technique. (IIRC, the main thing is quick short taps on the trigger and not turning the bottle upright until the last couple of drops of wine are released from the Coravin's spout.) Enjoy, Matthew!
L @ n g l 0 i s

tocassidy
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9168 Post by tocassidy »

I"m still a newbie, in for this Walla Walla mixed case with free shipping. Only prior buy from DN was Russian River Valley Chardonnay and I've been enjoying it.
~Tyler Cassidy

john mccarty

#9169 Post by john mccarty »

Cameron Hughes wrote: March 24th, 2021, 11:44 am
cpratt wrote: March 24th, 2021, 8:49 am Moderately off topic here, but what's up with the website's sales tax rates? I only ever ship to two addresses: one in San Diego, CA and one in Butler County, OH - and the amount of sales tax (and descriptions!) is all over the map. Sometimes it's zero, sometimes it's the correct rate, and sometimes it's somewhere in between - for example, there's occasionally a mystery Napa County local tax at 1% (come again?) and sometimes it omits San Diego County tax and just charges the baseline California tax rate of 7.25%. I don't see any pattern to it, just that it's wrong about a third of the time.

Obviously, I'm not that annoyed (because hey, free money!) but I do hope they get the accounting straight on the back end eventually!
yeah, apologies for that. We've had some issues with our tax software and getting the correct numbers...wine taxes are complicated and vary from state-to-state...in almost all circumstances, however, its been collecting under what we actually need to collect...the gravy train is coming to an end however :-)
Hey Cam, I saw what you did today with today's free-shipping offering, and it was an amusing way to resolve the shipping tax controversy, as well as to illustrate the pointlessness of the point of contention. Many of us bought CH wine from you for years, and paid sales tax on the "free" case shipping, knowing full well that the shipping charges were embedded in the quoted price, and we were therefore in fact paying taxes on the shipping.

In today's offer, you quoted the case sale for a delivered price (specifying that delivery is included in the price, even if you still listed the delivery charge separately). In this case, when you charge sales tax on the total, which includes the stated shipping charge, it's a legitimate and correct charge (per CA regs), even if solely due to semantics. But if you're going to charge sales tax on shipping, why not just simplify and embed your cost of shipping in the price?

loren.grossman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#9170 Post by loren.grossman »

Any updates on shipping for 133? I noted the bottling date changed from Feb to March. I have no sense as to when these things ship. I mean, I get 2019 Pinot in October and then wait on 2019 chard until April?

Michael Goode
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9171 Post by Michael Goode »

Petaluma Gap Pinot Noir

OG Lot 171 2018 Sonoma Coast (Petaluma Gap) Pinot Noir 12-bottle case

https://www.denegoce.com/products/og-lo ... ottle-case

Wine Details & Tasting Notes
Sourced from a small, boutique producer, this beautifully-crafted Pinot Noir hails from the Sonoma Stage Vineyard. The vineyard was planted about 10-years-ago by the Hyde Family to the Swan and Calera "suitcase" clones, each of which, and at different times, was allegedly smuggled in from Domain de La Romanée-Conti and propagated throughout California.

Sonoma Stage has been the source vineyard for many a high-end, boutique producer and was recently sold, leading many to assume they would no longer be able to source from the vineyard. Hence, a natural candidate when it comes to right-sizing your inventory.

This wine blew me away when I first tasted it (as did every other wine this producer put in front of me) and I think you'll find it an exceptional offering. With no expense spared in its production (including 50% new French oak), a $55/bottle price tag and solid collectible bona fides, its an incredible value at $15/bottle.

Deep garnet in the glass. The nose opens with dark, earthy fruit, graphite and gravel notes adding pretty strawberry and raspberry notes punctuated with seasoned french oak and haloed with thyme, cola and cinnamon spice accents. The nose is a bit monolithic just now but that's to be expected with these clones; however, it does indicate this wine will be best when cellared for a few years. Robust and broad on entry, its seamless across the midpalate with gobs of fleshy structure punctuated with vibrant acidity that carries all the rich fruit and muscle to a resounding and lengthy finish. And, while this is a pretty powerful Pinot that will age well over the decade, I do see it drinking nicely come this Fall.

100% Pinot Noir, 100% Petaluma Gap/Sonoma Coast
50% new French oak
14.5% alc.
210 cases available
Bottling April 13th, 2021
Last edited by Michael Goode on April 6th, 2021, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<hr!s.L

#9172 Post by <hr!s.L »

Think N.171 might be Pfendler Pinot Noir

http://pfendlervineyards.com/purchase/d ... pinot-noir

http://pfendlervineyards.com/wp-content ... et_Wht.pdf

2018 Pfendler details:
$55 price
Petaluma Gap / Sonoma Coast AVA
clones - 50% Joseph Swan, 50% Calera
50% new French oak
14.5 % ABV
250 cases produced

Some press:
"Regarding the pinot noir, buy a few, because you’ll want to cellar some of these for, let’s say, five years or so — at least. It’s drinking well now, but — as Stancliff concurs — this one promises to enjoy the aging process. Total production was 200 cases, so best not tarry."
L @ n g l 0 i s

bradkaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9173 Post by bradkaplan »

I keep reading the pinot offers and keep being intrigued... until I see the % ABV. 14.5% pinots and me just don't get along.

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9174 Post by tpetty »

Had a Cameron Hughes 596 last night. Was REALLY good. If a lot of these De Negoce cabs end up being similar, I will be very happy!
T o d d P

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9175 Post by L Harris »

t3matta wrote: April 5th, 2021, 4:04 pm Hardest part is not knowing what's in the pipeline.. can't decide which is worse: FOMO on a current offer or "regretting" not utilizing that budget for a future offer you'd like even more. Decisions, decisions..
Here is what we know is likely coming based on TTB submissions:
N.113 2019 Fair Play El Dorado Petite Sirah 14.9%
N.127 2018 Columbia Valley Red Blend 14.8%
N.141 2018 Horse Heaven Hills Cabernet Sauvignon 14.3%
N.142 2018 Horse Heaven Hills Malbec 14.5%
N.147 2018 Walla Walla Red Blend 12.9%
N.153 2018 Columbia Valley CSM 14.9%
N.154 2018 Walla Walla Malbec 14.9%
N.161 2018 Walla Walla Petite Sirah 11.8%
N.162 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon 14.5%
N.163 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon 14.3%
N.164 2018 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 14.2%
N.172 2018 Sonoma Mountain Malbec 15.2%
L u k e

larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#9176 Post by larry schaffer »

161 seems interesting - an 11.8% Petite?

Cheers
larry schaffer
tercero wines

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9177 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

bradkaplan wrote: April 6th, 2021, 1:09 pm I keep reading the pinot offers and keep being intrigued... until I see the % ABV. 14.5% pinots and me just don't get along.
Same. Actually I'm a bit relieved to pass on this one. If it was 13-13.5% ABV and less new oak I would have bit on it.

L Harris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9178 Post by L Harris »

larry schaffer wrote: April 6th, 2021, 1:26 pm 161 seems interesting - an 11.8% Petite?

Cheers
Yeah, though to be fair, the label submissions have been frequently well off the actual numbers posted in the offers, so would take with a pinch of salt.
L u k e

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9179 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Todd,
Shared a CH Lot 439 2011 Napa Valley last week. Big structure at almost 10 yrs old. Plenty left in gas tank also. The smaller lots Cam sourced, I found were best. 2010 and 2011 were challenging vintages in parts of California. Lot 439 was around 250 cases- same as dN sourcing.

Cheers, Tim

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9180 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Some information on who uses Sonoma Stage Vineyard from Prince of Pinot.

https://www.princeofpinot.com/vineyard/97/

https://vineyardadvisors.com/home/viney ... ummary.pdf

Interesting also Flanagan made a PN in 2015 from that vineyard. It's believed that Bennett Valley Merlot source was Flanagan.

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9181 Post by Eric White »

Whitehall Lane also made one from this vineyard, a rather unusual suspect.

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9182 Post by Eric White »

I don't know exactly why, but for some reason I'm suspecting Kutch (though I admit, this seems unlikely), or Lombardi, but I've not been able to find any info about their offerings from this vineyard.

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9183 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Eric,
PoP article had Lombardi as a later producer that sourced from that vineyard for Sonoma Coast bottling. "Coast" used several vineyards, and "best Pinot to date" for 2017.

cpratt

#9184 Post by cpratt »

loren.grossman wrote: April 6th, 2021, 11:38 am Any updates on shipping for 133?
Looks like mine was boxed up and ready for UPS yesterday; I expect it'll be picked up today and delivered by the end of week. (Insert disclaimer about past performance, future results.)
C h r i s

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9185 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Loren- received shipping notice as well from UPS for 133. It should be on it's way. Looking forward to trying some after it settles in bottle.

Cheers, Tim

Mike Mc

#9186 Post by Mike Mc »

Timothy B a l l a r d wrote: April 7th, 2021, 1:46 pm Loren- received shipping notice as well from UPS for 133. It should be on it's way. Looking forward to trying some after it settles in bottle.

Cheers, Tim
I got a UPS shipping notice on the 6th, and again yesterday, that 133 was ready to be shipped, but it hasn't been picked up yet. I've received several other early notices on other cases that then don't actually go out for a handful of days. Waiting anxiously for this delicious sounding Oregon Chard.
M c C a r t y

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9187 Post by Mike R »

Anyone hitting any of these Tranche 2 offers?
... 0 p 3 r

cpratt

#9188 Post by cpratt »

Mike R wrote: April 8th, 2021, 11:19 am Anyone hitting any of these Tranche 2 offers?
I was excited to see the Walla Walla Viognier... but dang it, it's the stainless, not the oak... so no. The carignane is dang good, though!
C h r i s

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9189 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Mike McCarty
They ship out West Coast Tues/Weds. So getting UPS notice on Tuesday- it was staged then, expect shipping next week.

Not biting on 2nd Tranche wines.

Cheers, Tim

ekwartler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9190 Post by ekwartler »

QPR alert!

This fantastic everyday-drinker is perfect for weekday consumption as well as parties and events as things open back up - in fact, it should be drinking quite nicely by Memorial Day. A combination of primarily Malbec and Merlot from Wahluke Slope and Walla Walla, this wonderfully-vibrant, soft and juicy Red Blend offers excellent complexity and incredible QPR at $8/bottle. Was $30+!

Medium, deep-ruby in the glass with vibrant purple rim. Aromas of soft raspberry, blackberry bramble, and graham cracker are haloed with leather and cedar aromas in a ridiculously complex bouquet for this price point. The fruit really shines here but with just the right amount of oak. Soft and juicy on the mid-palate with a well-delineated amalgam of red and black fruits that are fresh and perky but amply-structured leading to a fairly lengthy finish. You won't find quality like this at $8 anywhere!

30% Malbec, 30% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 10% Syrah,
10% Sangiovese
59% Wahluke Slope, 41% Walla Walla Valley
20% new French oak
14.8% alc.
Bottled January 15th, 2021

Glad I didn't bite on the Tranche 2 offers.
E r i c

BrianW
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9191 Post by BrianW »

BrianW wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 12:13 pm Opened #69 Merlot last night. Lame. Thin and tannic. Not much body. Day 2 not much better. Even at 20 bucks a bottle who cares. Maybe down the road it will get better but not now. Love me some good merlot like Helen Turley’s classic Pahlmeyers, Robert Foley Merlot or Pride but this doesn’t compare.
Ok. So I was totally wrong here. When I opened it "way too early" it wasn't very good, to me. Now this Merlot rocks! Seriously what a terrific bottle, especially with an hour or so of decanting..

Sorry for not trusting you Cameron!!!! [cheers.gif] flirtysmile
W i t t e n

BrianW
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9192 Post by BrianW »

VidaF wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 1:26 pm
BrianW wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 12:13 pm Opened #69 Merlot last night. Lame. Thin and tannic. Not much body. Day 2 not much better. Even at 20 bucks a bottle who cares. Maybe down the road it will get better but not now. Love me some good merlot like Helen Turley’s classic Pahlmeyers, Robert Foley Merlot or Pride but this doesn’t compare.
I’m not a Merlot fan so did not purchase #69, but considering that it was bottled October 1(according to the website), it would seem you are panning it rather early. [thumbs-up.gif] You might see what it’s like 3 months from now. [cheers.gif]
Yup so so so right. This baby sings now, too bad ya didn't buy it killer stuff. flirtysmile
W i t t e n

BrianW
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9193 Post by BrianW »

Cameron Hughes wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 8:52 pm
bottled six weeks ago and in the deepest depths of bottle shock. Patience please.
I am not worthy...

You were sooooo right. This baby is crushing it now. #YAF.

Apologies [truce.gif]
W i t t e n

Steve Crawford

#9194 Post by Steve Crawford »

perhaps someone can help me out- i purchased a previous offering and received free shipping (i think). is free shipping no longer the norm for these or just for certain lots?thanks
as the porcupine said to the stewardess, `very carefully’- Dr. Adam Bricker

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9195 Post by DanielP »

Yep, I think #69 is very tasty right now
P@ik

Eric Michels
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9196 Post by Eric Michels »

Steve Crawford wrote: April 8th, 2021, 1:19 pm perhaps someone can help me out- i purchased a previous offering and received free shipping (i think). is free shipping no longer the norm for these or just for certain lots?thanks
There have only been a couple of offerings that included shipping. If I recall correctly there were some Black Friday deals that included free shipping and there was one earlier this week. Otherwise, standard shipping prices have applied to all others.

MJSPollock

#9197 Post by MJSPollock »

ekwartler wrote: April 8th, 2021, 1:13 pm QPR alert!

This fantastic everyday-drinker is perfect for weekday consumption as well as parties and events as things open back up - in fact, it should be drinking quite nicely by Memorial Day. A combination of primarily Malbec and Merlot from Wahluke Slope and Walla Walla, this wonderfully-vibrant, soft and juicy Red Blend offers excellent complexity and incredible QPR at $8/bottle. Was $30+!

Medium, deep-ruby in the glass with vibrant purple rim. Aromas of soft raspberry, blackberry bramble, and graham cracker are haloed with leather and cedar aromas in a ridiculously complex bouquet for this price point. The fruit really shines here but with just the right amount of oak. Soft and juicy on the mid-palate with a well-delineated amalgam of red and black fruits that are fresh and perky but amply-structured leading to a fairly lengthy finish. You won't find quality like this at $8 anywhere!

30% Malbec, 30% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 10% Syrah,
10% Sangiovese
59% Wahluke Slope, 41% Walla Walla Valley
20% new French oak
14.8% alc.
Bottled January 15th, 2021

Glad I didn't bite on the Tranche 2 offers.

I'm trying to figure out why I shouldn't buy this other than the 4 orders I've placed in the last couple weeks....
M I c h a e l

Jim Zan0ni

#9198 Post by Jim Zan0ni »

Hello everyone
New to this site. Just started buying DN wines. I picked up cases of 103, 110 & 151 so far. We loves wines but not sure I can explain them as well as you all. I will give my honest opinion when I crack one open. I will start with the 110 since it was bottled in November. The other 2 should probably sit a while longer since they bottled in Feb. Any tastes on these let me know. Ill be picking up more for the price. It will keep me away from the other high priced stuff we own.

Robert M yers

#9199 Post by Robert M yers »

Welcome aboard Jim. Please do follow up with a review, you can explain as well as anybody. Just focus on the essential traits you find stand out. We all over think tasting notes...

Unexplainable how he sucked me in with the $8 wine. I’m just guessing this is a wine to be casually consumed and will make good I’ll open this instead second bottle defenders.

When we get a case we pop one off the truck and put 5 in the drinking cooler. The other 6 go downstairs to the passive cellar for a bit ((6mo?) to see if the “bottle shock” will improve.

Timothy B a l l a r d
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9200 Post by Timothy B a l l a r d »

Jim,
While the futures program offers best pricing, the Store offers some older, first available offerings at reasonable pricing considering that they are not a full case and were, at one time "sold out". Suggest mixed case of 03, 05, 07 to gauge where DN futures will bring value at a better price level. 03 and 07 are 2017 vintage - should be approachable now and get better with a year + in bottle.

Cheers, Tim

Return to “Wine Talk”