TN: 2014 Henri Boillot Bourgogne Blanc (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc)

The second wine in a row (the previous one was the Voge CdR) under Nomacorc. I suppose this closure is becoming more widely accepted if such quality producers have adopted it?

I did not find the wine as wildly over-performing a BB as I had hoped, given the vintage and all, but the value is decent (28 € at Antic Wine in Lyon). Stylistically - if tasted blind - I don’t think I would raise an eyebrow if someone claimed it to be a 2015.

• 2014 Henri Boillot Bourgogne Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc (25.4.2020)
    Drank from large Burgundy bowl over two hours. Quite fresh and lively on the nose yet with a distinct buttery oak component. Lemon-driven with some nutty and spicy hints. Great volume on the palate with a good amount of dry extract, this is not exactly of the steely kind yet definitely not flabby. Without a doubt there is good acidity beneath. Excellent use of oak gives space for the less than abundant fruit (lemon, peach). Does not offer great complexity but has a fine, airy texture. Finishes nutty, spicy and long. A very gastronomic wine.

Posted from CellarTracker