Thibault Liger-Belair

Hi Guys (and Girls)!

I got an offer to buy some 2017:s from Thibault Liger-Belair at a good price. Including several of his best wine: Richebourg, Vougeot, Charmes Chambertin, NSG Les Saint Georges etc. Even if the pricing is good it’s still expensive wines, Richebourg about $430 (DKK 2999). There are some good reviews but does anyone here have any experience of this producer? Never tried anything myself.

Thanks for any input.

Best

Lukas

Lukas. Welcome.
Thibault is a beautiful person who makes terrific wines. I met him more than a few years ago. He has some great properties and is a cousin of Louis-Michel Liger-Belair. His style is a little more assertive and not quite as silky as his cousin. The wines are beautifully put together. His NSG Les St Georges is his most cherished property or at least it was. His Richebourg is excellent too.

I just tried this producers Bourgogne rouge for the first time earlier this year and I immediately fell in love. Lighter red fruits, elegant, a little stems and a little oak, but nothing out of balance. Aromatically lifted, while remaining structured. Pricing remains attractive relative to other producers. If the time and price is right I’d be a buyer.

What Don said. He also makes quite a bit of Beaujolais but not a fan of gamy so pass on those.

I picked up 2 bottles of his 2017 Richebourg last month. glad to hear more good reviews. paid a bit more than you are looking at, but I still thought it was pretty good value for Richebourg.

Very clean, well-made wines.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Lukas,

I can only confirm that THIBAULT’S wines are top-notch. I had his LES SAINT GEORGES and RICHEBOURG 2011 a few weeks ago and both were outstanding in this mediocre vintage. Thibault also’s a very friendly guy quite willing to share his immense knowledge about BURGUNDY with you. He is one of the main “viticulteurs” who makes serious efforts to elevate les SAINT GEORGES from premier to grand cru. In his hands quite rightly so. The tastings I could enjoy in his cellars were always outstanding.
SINCERELY JOHAN