TN: 2017 Jean Fournier Marsannay Les Langeroies

This review could have been posted in the most excellent ‘Off the Beaten path Burgundy’ thread but it was so good I thought worthy of its own.

This is just so bright and juicy, crammed with pristine, icing dusted summer berries. Rich, mouthfilling and so velvety, with just a hint of stony grip. It is unadorned and joyous, and despite its youth is thoroughly engaging today.

Nice! Not too young? How about age-ability? What’s the price point on this? Understanding you are in Oz.

$AUD70, approx $US40 (although exchange rate is up and down like a bride’s nighty at the moment!- it is young, given its structure would think totally delicious in 10 to 15 yrs.

NB: We pay a 29% Wine Equalisation tax on wholesale as well as GST, so probably cheaper in the northern hemisphere.

Thanks. I will look for it.

Yep - nice one Kent - slightly more structured wines than near-neighbour Sylvain Pataille - but technically their equal and you’d hardly notice in the oh-so approachable 2017 vintage…
As a left-field wine, his Pernand, whilst expensive, is frankly one of the best reds from that appellation!

Thanks Bill for the information. Will keep an eye out for the Pernand. I can’t say that I have had any reds from Pataille so another name to look out for. Plenty of time here to try a few things, as I am sure is the case in Switzerland.

Charles Audoin also has a pretty good Marsannay Les Langeroies. Not hugely complex, but so fresh and lithe, good QPR these days.

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Laurent Fournier is a very thoughtful vigneron.