TN: 2017 Louis Jadot Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières

• 2017 Louis Jadot Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (4/20/2020)
    Bottled under Diam GC. Brilliant nose with just a minute hint of reduction and then a judicious helping of toasty oak. A touch sweeter than I would expect on the nose from a 2017. On the palate, this is impeccably balanced, with a tinge of green giving the acidity here a real raciness, followed by a breadth that comes from a somewhat riper sensation of fruit, and a generous, but not overdone, use of oak. Compared to the 2018 which I tasted at the estate just two months ago, I may well have to give the nod to the 2018 (despite 2017 being such a brilliant chardonnay year). For my taste, there’s more balance with the oak on the 2018 with the fleshier fruit profile. Don’t get me wrong though – this is no slouch and I’d be amply happy to have this in my cellar. Perhaps it’s also a question of time where this has lost the exuberance of youth and is starting to go into its shell… (93 pts.)

Yum.

Nice note. Another one in favor of Jadot 2011 and younger.

Sounds good. I had some 06 Jadot Puligny Clos de la Garenne on the list here. The last bottle that I sold was earlier this year. I was very concerned prior to opening that it was going to be dead. I eased the guests into the potential disappointment by talking about honey and butterscotch flavours. It poured out a deep golden. They loved it but I have a strong suspicion that it was somewhat advanced based on the colour.
It’s nice to read these notes that their wines are back on track as they have some wonderful holdings.