Carlisle Virtual Zoom Tasting with Mike Officer--Thursday, April 30th @ 5PM PT / 8PM ET

Which date below do you prefer we hold the event (time will be 5PM PT / 8PM ET?

• Tuesday, April 28th
  • Thursday, April 30th

0 voters

So, let’s do another Zoom. This time, let’s have as our special guest Mike Officer, the owner and winemaker for Carlisle. Mike has elected to let you pick the date so we have a poll, with the most votes wins for the date we do this. We’ll stick with the same 5PM PT / 8PM ET starting time, with 100 attendees as the capacity. Once the polling is over, we will affirm the date, create the Zoom link and I will then ask for PMs be sent to me so you can obtain the link to attend.

For the many years I have known Mike, he is not one to ask for the spotlight but what you will learn about Mike is that he has a laser focus for wine and things he believes, especially his love for Zinfandel and protecting its unique CA heritage. I want to thank Mike for signing on to do this event, for giving back to the WB community in these times we are all in together.

OK, post your vote. [thumbs-up.gif]

TO BE PART OF THE EVENT, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING. THANK YOU.

Date/Time: Thursday, April 30th @ 5PM PT / 8PM ET

Theme: Open something Carlisle and join us. I’ll ask Mike to post what he might be opening, as we did with Myriad etc.
How To Connect: To get the Zoom link to connect to the event, send a private message to Frank Murray III. I will then send you the link in a private reply. Once you receive the link, please do NOT forward it.

We’ll be muting everyone’s audio so we can eliminate background noise. You’ll also be optioned to turn on your camera if you like…we want to connect and have some fun and fellowship with Mike.

I had to miss the R-M event, but should be a go for this one. Love Mike’s wines!

Another good one. Picked Tuesday, but either will work. Except I think someone else on the Board may be doing one on Thursday.

Paul, maybe I missed that but all I am aware of his the one Brig is hosting with Larry and Paul on 4/23. If there is something on 4/30, then someone please alert me.

Oops. Wrong week. That’s what happens when every day is Groundhog Day.

Either works for me very much looking forward to it

My son really wants to watch the nfl draft with me, at 5:00 Pacific on Thursday.

I normally wouldn’t think that even close to worth mentioning here, but we are so starved for anything sports-ish, I just lob it out for consideration.

[Whoops, I’m off by a whole week on that, please disregard.]

Really excited for this one…thanks a bunch Frank. Tuesday would be best…but I’ll be there either way.

Superb idea Frankie, I will do my best to participate!

Frank,
Thanks for putting this together! Looking forward to it.

Truth to that, brother. [truce.gif]

Any of the above is fine. Need to move some Carlisle inventory. Too bad I can’t invite people over to watch so we can open more bottles.

I have more Carlisle than any other winery in my collection. I should be in for this.

I think I will go with a 2005 Bennett Valley Syrah. Three years past its drinking window. Should be about right. :slight_smile:

A little PSA here. If you want to pop something and can’t decide, just go to Mike’s notes on the Carlisle site. They are dead on.

Case in recent point. I opened a '16 zin recently and was worried I might have popped it too early after opening so I looked at TWA and Vinous site notes. Neither had the unique taste profile that I enjoyed and that made this wine incredibly unique and enjoyable. So it dawned on me, a little late, to check Mike’s notes. I did and voila, he nailed the taste profile. What a rock star!

Tuesday please!

Frank, thanks for taking the lead on these Zoom meetings, you da man!

Thanks for setting this up!

Vote for Thursday…have a nonprofit Zoom board meeting Tuesday at proposed time.

Frank, will both the Mike Officer and Mike Smith tastings be recorded and uploaded to YouTube like Rivers Marie?

Frank, you’re the best. Either day is good for me.