TN: 2000 Château Bellefont-Belcier

• 2000 Château Bellefont-Belcier - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (4/17/2020)
    Decanted and served. I’ve owned these from the beginning. The color is still excellent, dark red with little color loss. The palate is full of red fruit, with great tannins and acid. It’s really amazing how good this wine is at 20 years of age. Not bad at all for a $23 bottle of Bordeaux. It went great with the zombie apocalypse lock-down meatloaf at home. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

John,

Thanks for the note; it makes me cry a bit. Back in the day, a local store was selling 3L bottles of this for $69.99. Multiple times I planned to purchase a few, but never pulled the trigger. For around a year, a number of bottles of this just sat on the shelves. The store eventually lowered the price to $55.99 and emailed out information about the new pricing. I went to the store to purchase some bottles, but they were gone. I still regret not buying at $69.99 to this day.

I always thought that they should have changed the labels after the ownership change