Aubert additional offering with a hook

Like others here, I have been getting many e-mails from wineries, including some that I haven’t dealt with for years. Most are touting special offers.
I’ve passed on all of them, but I just got one from Aubert. I was surprised because I thought surely they would have sold out their excellent chards.
And because they say they will donate a portion (unspecified) of this sale to the Restaurant Workers Relief Fund. This is the first offer I’ve had that
includes any kind of relief donation. My offer is for 3 each of the 18 Powder House and CIX. And there is a friends and family link which will
allow non-members to buy these wines. So if you’re on the waitlist, you can get a few bottles now and maybe help someone out.

I received the offer too and I purchased all 6 bottles to split with my dad. I like that they are donating a portion of the proceeds, not sure of the the percentage but it’s better than nothing. Maybach offered a similar donation a few weeks ago but they put together packages and you had to buy a set pack so I passed on that offer.

Rhys, too. Their final tally donated to charity was $86,000, going to Covid relief (3 charities benefited). I plan to raise this tomorrow on the Rhys event, as I’d like them to talk through how they came to the idea.

It was interesting that Aubert’s offer was due to reduced demand from their restaurant customers, which makes sense in our current situation, I wonder if this will impact waiting lists at other wineries.

FYi restaurants pay the lowest wholesale price so selling these DTC is a windfall for them. Hopefully it was a nice donation they made

I got an offer from Aubert last week for 4 each of 3 different Chards. I just signed up on their list on April 5. I’m sure it’s due to lower demand due to the virus, but I got a lucky break!

I think the prices on this new offer are higher than what I paid for the latest release. By about 15-20%

[Deleted]

You must’ve gotten a break. I checked my invoice for the most recent offering and the pricing didn’t change for me. From $85 for Larry Hyde to $115
for Lauren.

Aubert is great wine

Got this offer today, order in. My wallet and locker aren’t going to like me but the iron was hot so I had to strike.