Cedric Mousse--Champagne Zoom event today 3PM ET

Just a PSA that I saw this on Instagram this morning. The event details are in English so I hope that the event will not be in French. Guess we will see.

I grabbed the URL to register from Instagram, here it is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/upQpd-yoqzouG28Cdjf_mi0Z7v_H5ES4zA

Once you click it, it asks you to register (which is an extra step, beyond what we have been doing with our WB Zoom stuff). When I registered, within about 10 mins I got an email approval with the event meeting link.

so, if you like Mousse and/or grower Champagne, especially Pinot Meunier, which is primarily what he makes, then maybe I will see you on the event today at 3PM ET / Noon PT.

As a side note, I am keen to see how this event goes. It’s with a grower, and it’s crossing a lot of time zones. But, I’ve been noodling about whether we try and do a Zoom with someone in Champagne. If there is interest for that, regardless of today’s event, I would want to hear from people that would support the idea. Keep in mind that I would look to have a grower/producer on, as this is where my relationships and interest lie. For some of you, I know you feel similarly.

Thanks for the heads up! Will try to jump in on this. And would be open for other Champagne-based zoom events in the future :slight_smile:

I was told the event today is going to be done in English.

Of course I have a 3 PM meeting that I cannot move.

wow - last min and i have a ton of work to do, but this is one of my FAVORITE producers so i will def be dialing in! Wish i knew sooner as i just brought back a horizontal of mousse offerings to do a fun tasting over the course of a few nights with my wife.

Cheers!
michael

See you on the event in a few minutes, Michael. Glad it worked out.

My 3 got cancelled, and I registered. Have not gotten a confirmation though. :frowning:

Buek, perhaps hit her on Instragram with a message. Julia Coney.

What a name for a Champagne producer! champagne.gif

Guys, I cannot get in. Asking for a password when I use the link provided in the reg email. Sent a note to the organizer.

Did anyone else connect successfully?

Frank-I am in. There are two different passwords in the email. Look carefully.

Buek, my email has just one. I simply don’t see a second one.

PM sent

That was fun, David. Also saw Brian Stotter in there, too. Good to see you guys.

Two things I noticed about the event. One, it can work if both parties, meaning English and French speakers, can give each other some latitude to accept some of the language challenges. Cedric did well in English, and while I had a few struggles with some words he was trying to get across, everyone seemed to manage. So too he had to manage the English coming from the Julia, as well as the audience questions. Walking around with a cell phone at 8PM in his winery, than running to the vineyard to grab a chunk of the green clay. it all worked and his energy level was spot on great.

I was also struck, and thrilled, to see the diversity of the audience. That was bitchen and it tells the potential that wine can cross boundaries.

Good to see you guys too, now I want to try some Mousse Fils. I think I’ve seen Envoyer send out offers here and there.

I assume the host was Julia Coney. What does she do ITB?

Brian, I am not clear what she does but I like her passion.

Frank…I think Billecart had one last Friday via IG. Good info…just started following you!

Gus

That was a blast. Cedric is so passionate.

I’ve moved the idea of a WB Zoom idea to a separate thread. Let’s see if we can get interest.

Gus, I would think Billecart would create a good draw. IG has become a good place for me to hang out, along with here.