TN: 2014 Domaine Henri Naudin-Ferrand Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune Orchis Mascula

I have to thank Brad Kaplan for turning me on to these Claire Naudin wines when he brought a couple to a dinner last year. I don’t buy the wines with regularity, but a few showed up at auction and I jumped in. Good wines. Not for everyone. Questionable value with where the retail prices are now.

• 2014 Domaine Henri Naudin-Ferrand Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune Orchis Mascula - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune (4/10/2020)
    There is certainly a raw purity these wines. Gamay-like, but I realize that is sacrilege to all the Burgundians that hate Gamay. A nose that shows herbal, the stems element shows. Bright, juicy, crunchy cranberry and strawberry fruit. Not especially complex, but a lot of wiry/natural/raw juicy pinot fruit. Drink now if you are holding.
    Posted from CellarTracker

I love her wines, but haven’t found them at a reasonable price, outside of Beaune.

Thanks, Brady. I only took the plunge as it was auction and price stayed low-ish. Hard to find here at all and I probably wouldn’t pay going asking price. Interesting wines, for sure. [cheers.gif]