Wine Lovers Against Corona Auction (Klaus-Peter and Julia Keller)

Klaus-Peter (“KP”) Keller has initiated a global program called Wine Lovers Against Corona. In the U.S. he has partnered with Stephen Bitterolf / Rieslingfeier. This will be a weekly auction with several lots. Most if not all lots will come with a map donated and signed by KP and Julia Keller. The lots have been donated by KP, Stephen, collectors, distributors and restaurants. The money raised will be donated to those in need. More detailed information will be available shortly. This is all coming together real time and I will continue to update this thread. Oh I have seen some of the lots, if you are a Riesling fan you will want to watch closely!

If anyone would like to donate a lot please contact Stephen in the U.S. or Klaus-Peter for ex-U.S. The preference is for Riesling or a Riesling themed lots!

The text from KP’s instagram announcement

The gift of Easter is hope

Dear winelovers, dear friends,
Let us send a strong common signal in Easter week and give light and hope to those hit hardest by the coronavirus crises.
Julia and I will donate for the good cause some very special large formats from the deepest corners of the winery cellar. In addition we will donate many handsigned and numbered copies of the new Keller vineyard map ( Keller-Karte). Each map will be offered in combination with a great bottle of wine - some donated by us, some by winelovers and friends from around the globe!
Please participate in the auctions!!
100% of the money raised will go to people who suffer most by the crises.
The auction starts tomorrow in New York @vomboden (Rieslingfeier) and Amsterdam @cfws.nl .
Many more cities and combinations of great bottles and the map will follow in the next days :
Hongkong/Madrid/Saarwellingen
Stockholm/Panama/Düsseldorf to only name a few…
In Germany we ll probably start end of next week. Contact @pinarddepicard and @conceptriesling to get more information.
We are deeply touched how enthusiastically the Wine Community worked on the project in the past days and how fast we could realize it from Hongkong to the US, from Australia, Singapore to Stockholm. That’s exactly the spirit we will also need after that crises!
The Keller Family wishes you a Happy Easter with your loved ones.
Julia Kp Felix and Max
#wineloversagainstcorona #standtogether #newyork #amsterdam

:mashes like button over and over:

First weeks lots are up on https://rieslingfeier.com/charity-auction

For those in Europe there is also auction ongoing www.clarijs.auction

If anyone wants to donate please contact Stephen Bitterolf. DM if you want me to connect you.

Doing the same with the main UK importer, Howard Ripley. I’d encourage everyone here to support this by donating and/or bidding. There’ll be some really rare lots available!

This is turning into a major global initiative thanks to KP. There will be several auctions around the world.

He talks about it here Vinous Live! with Klaus Peter Keller (Rescheduled from Tuesday April 14) - YouTube

The German site is now live.

If you can please do consider bidding on or donating a bottle.

I do understand given what is going on around the world not everyone is in a position to be bidding on expensive bottles of wine but just spreading the word will help.

Amazing work by KP on this!

Uk auction also live. I’ll have some lots in there next week…

https://www.howardripley.com/producers/german/offers/charityauction

Fantastic!

The new lots are up! Some amazingly generous and geeky lots in here. I am biased but I think the lot Eothen Alapett and I donated is pretty cool for any music / Hip-Hop fan. Who wouldn’t want to drink G-Max, Montrachet and lots of other Riesling and Champagne backstage! AND the MacDonald lot is super RARE.

https://rieslingfeier.com/charity-auction

Stephen could use an extra lot or two to make it an even 20 if anyone has any interest in donating I can connect you. This really has been a tremendous effort by Stephen, KP and Julia Keller.

Up to 20 lots now…and there’s some Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

I have wines I’d be happy to donate. Some SQN, a few other wines come to mind also…maybe even some Riesling.

Anyone who is vetted here want to join me on the Rieslingfeier Technicolor Experience

PM me if I know you ( real or virtually) and you are serious