TN: 2017 Kevin White Winery La Fraternité

• 2017 Kevin White Winery La Fraternité - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Yakima Valley (4/5/2020)
    Day 1: Not ready. Highly recommend a two hour decant.
    Day 2: Opening up for business. Stone, raspberries, spice, floral and dried herbs. Very flavorful and medium plus finish. Nice acidity. Well made wine. Some really nice pepper on a glass later in the day. 92 points
    Day 3: A similarity to CDP on day 3. Garrigue, stone, spice, earth, dust and bright fruits. Medium plus finish with a touch of sweet fruits. Excellent wine and age worthy. 92+ points
    Recommendation: Age these a few years or heavy decant. (92 pts.)

Great wine John as we both know, thanks for another update. Have you had the 18 ‘Red Wine’ yet? Coming from someone who really isn’t into domestic Grenache (its a GSM bend) much these days, its a great wine. Happens to be $20.

Dale I have tried the Red but not 18. Honestly I would rather pay a few more dollars and do La Fraternite or En Hommage.

The Kevin White Red Wine is one of our “house wines”. With our wine club and case purchase discounts, we end up getting it for about $16/btl. It is certainly not as nuanced as his other wines, but it is high in “yum factor” and a great wine when you don’t want to think about the wine you’re drinking and just enjoy a glass.

Good to know the '17 La Fraternite needs some time. I feel like we finally have a few vintages of wine from Kevin White and can wait a couple years before cracking into these.

The Kevin White Red Wine is one of our “house wines”. With our wine club and case purchase discounts, we end up getting it for about $16/btl. It is certainly not as nuanced as his other wines, but it is high in “yum factor” and a great wine when you don’t want to think about the wine you’re drinking and just enjoy a glass.

Good to know the '17 La Fraternite needs some time. I feel like we finally have a few vintages of wine from Kevin White and can wait a couple years before cracking into these.
ITB - Ocelli Cellars

$16 a bottle is certainly a steal. I know Kevin instantly sells that wine out every year. [cheers.gif]

With the name Fraternite, I might have expected cheap vodka, Kool Aid and ice combined together in a trash can, but that sounds much better.

With the name Fraternite, I might have expected cheap vodka, Kool Aid and ice combined together in a trash can, but that sounds much better.

This one is classy! [cheers.gif]

Yes I have some of the 18 for next time you come out. Very good wine. Never any question to buy these every years. Only question is 1 case or 2.

John Glas wrote: ↑Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:38 pm
$16 a bottle is certainly a steal. I know Kevin instantly sells that wine out every year. > [cheers.gif]
Yes I have some of the 18 for next time you come out. Very good wine. Never any question to buy these every years. Only question is 1 case or 2.

Sounds good! [cheers.gif]