TN: 2011 Azienda Agricola Caparsa Chianti Classico Caparsino Riserva

• 2011 Azienda Agricola Caparsa Chianti Classico Caparsino Riserva - Italy, Tuscany, Chianti, Chianti Classico DOCG (4/1/2020)
    First bottle of a mix 6 from Gregory Dal Piaz(VDLT) to try on for size. Wonderful leather and tar nose…crushed cherries and tilled earth…bright acidity on the palate, rather intense actually…TART cherry skin, plum, blackberry jam…perfectly ripe and rather silky…yet solid structure of crushed minerality and pretty firm tannins. But here is where this wine shines…the spices! Gorgeous dried blood orange, sandalwood, licorice, cherry blossom, dried rose florals…mingles well with the now subtle tar, leather, and earth tones. Tastes wonderfully fresh and youthful…could even become elegant…plenty of complexity that don’t really need any coaxing…and I think many more improving years ahead. Very nice wine! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Hey Brian,

Terrific note. I love the wine, it does particularly well in warmer vintage, being on the north facing side of Radda in Chianti. Paolo lives on premise and has long been an advocate of organic winemaking, which helps to let the terroir speak for itself. I love the minerality and spicy notes this wine expresses. I hope you enjoy the rest of the wines as much!