TN: 2018 Weingut Keller Riesling von der Fels (Germany, Rheinhessen)

• 2018 Weingut Keller Riesling von der Fels - Germany, Rheinhessen (3/30/2020)
    The first thing that jumps out to me is how much more open and generous this wine is compared to my first vdF, the 16. The word ‘crystalline’ is used often on CT for the 18, and I can’t think of a better adjective to describe how my brains wraps around the experience in terms of writing a note. The core of the wine carries a Granny Smith themed palate but with a wonderful, buffering burst of lemony acidity on the finish. Strong suggestion of gravel and just a touch of fresh herbs. A must buy purchase every year – the quality and price, complete package. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Dale,

I must have had the 18s at least a dozen times, its one of the finest vdf. Agreed its no-brainer buy! I’m glad a truly fine wine made by one of the best winemakers in the world is within reach and can be enjoyed by everyone.

so true

Could not resist opening one for lunch today. Really good

Agree, really good wine. Admirable intensity and brightness of fruit, and classic Riesling aromatic profile. Glad I bought a case…