Vincent Dauvissat Chablis Les Clos 2007

In my experience , 2007 has a LOT of premox issues and so does Dauvissat . He makes great wines but the % of premox is too high imo , so I stopped buying a few years ago . Not expecting too much , I opened this bottle 2 days ago and finished it in 3 days .
What a great wine . The attack is textbook Chablis with flinty flavors , oyster shell and wet stones , chalk and citrus . But in the mid palate , it’s also quite a creamy wine with delicious honey touches . This wine is still very young , I will keep my magnums at least another decade closed . Stunning wine .

I had one of these last summer and I agree with your assessment–just a great wine, even if maybe 4-5 years from (for me) its ideal drinking stage. Very powerful mid-palate attack of stone with the just emerging suggestion of white flowers and lingering spice.

I love the 2007 Dauvissats (as well as the 2007 vintage in Chablis in general). Luckily I haven’t had that much premox in this particular vintage. And luckily I still have some left. (another lucky item for me–I was able to find a case of the Dauvissat AC Chablis–a somewhat difficult thing to do around here–in 2007. this was also a really fine wine in 2007. Now it has become quite expensive, along with all of the other dauvissat’s)