Rivers Marie shipping issue resolved

I got an email shipping notification that it would be delivered Wednesday. Then I got an email it was gonna come today. I just checked my tracking and its out for delivery to some other guy with a completely different name and address up in LA. WTF? Did someone hijack my order or is it a clerical error by R-M? This has never happened in over 20 years of recieiving wine shipments. Im on hold with UPS right now

The police are after him as we speak:

LOL would just like to get to bottom of this. It is a 100 pointer after all so I understand the heavy police presence

Did you email Will ? I found him incredibly responsive when discussing shipping the past few days.

Shout out to Will! He rocks. I emailed him before I posted this and got a response in 8 minutes as pasted below.

I’ve seen a few odd things happen this week but this is a new one.

I have the shipper looking into it, but unless this is resolved cleanly, shortly - I’ll just get a new box shipped on Monday.

Maybe you’re being trolled! [rofl.gif]

Quick update. Will was able to recall the shipment. The person it got re-routed to was Dan Bailey in LA. Same first 2 letters of first and last names and in CA. Possibly a mistake by fulfillment house. He’s shipping a new order on Friday. Looks like some nice house wine for him too

AAA+++ customer service without delay thus far

Same first two letters is all they needed?

I’m going to get on every mailing list ever. Someone who has my initials has to be buying stuff.

Great to hear.

I’ve always found R-M to be highly responsive. Terrific customer service.

Careful, someone with dyslexia might confuse GT with TG.

just wanted to close the loop on this. Will was great and very responsive. We were able to stop the wine from getting delivered to the wrong person and had it recalled. A new shipment went out Monday. It just arrived at my front door. Couldn’t ask for anything more. Long time fan and customer. Certainly will remain so in the future.

Shipping SNAFUs do happen, but R-M (Will) handled my one-time issue flawlessly as well.