FedEx Just Delivered Wine and .....

Didn’t require a signature. But driver said (from a distance ) that if an adult didn’t come to the door that he wouldn’t have left the package .

I haven’t had to sign for fed ex or UPS in a couple weeks.

I would, and have, reported this to FedEx. Too many possible negatives can come from that practice.

Joe

FedEx delivery for me this morning. Verified he saw me then talked through the door that I was ok with him leaving it outside (which I grabbed moments later)

Know your drivers. I haven’t signed in years.

I had to sign this week on his iPhone

Our drivers are signing for us as long as we come to the door.

FedEx deliveries redirected to Walgreens. Business as usual there. Scary. I put gloves on to sign.

FedEx didn’t deliver some wine yesterday because we weren’t home - i was surprised because of all i’ve heard.

They are still required to verify they are delivering to an “of age” person. They just don’t get the signature.

I got a FedEx wine delivery today and also had to sign on the drivers iphone. Far from ideal but immediate hand washing should do the trick.

That

We’ve been fortunate to have a pretty steady crew

I’ll trade these FedEx stories for a ‘proper’ GSO home delivery story.

Yesterday, the GSO delivery lady rang my doorbell and was quite protective over my wine shipment. After asking if I was expecting a package, she then asked me to confirm my name and spell it, then asked for my date of birth, along with what number of month it was. Afterwards, she slowly gave me the package (I basically had to reach for it). I almost wanted to grab my ID to appease her.

A weird experience, but if they shipped my future bottles with that kind of verve, I’d feel pretty good. [wow.gif]

Hm, I have 3 FedEx wine deliveries scheduled for today and there’s no way I’m opening the door and getting within 6 feet of the driver. Normally, I’ll meet them on the driveway since my dogs aren’t fond of strangers (and delivery people seem to hope that the front door doesn’t open when they’re standing in front of it). We’ll see what happens.

Still making sign on an phone, even while the deliverer wears latex gloves. :frowning:

GSO asked me to sign. Did so reluctantly and washed hands immediately. Getting a Fedx and UPS in next two days. Whoever does not ask for signature will be my future company of choice! Come on, these are difficult times-companies need to adjust.

Not easy when I work in an office (under normal circumstances).

I have had the same driver for a long time now, and he is terrific, especially around the time of Falltacular each year.

When he arrives and I answer the door, he’s been letting me waive off on signature, as why would you compel someone now to touch a shared surface? Just another reason why I appreciate him.

Sure, provided you remember. What if the object has virus on it, you use it, and then for some bad fortune, you forget to wash up and instead touch your eyes or face? Right now, I’m not taking any chances.