Why are they shipping???

As most of the country is under shelter in place orders, why are wineries shipping without advanced notice to see if you need it redirected? I appreciate wineries like Rivers Marie that reached out and asked given the current situation, would I like to redirect the wine to another address. I have all my wines shipped to a wine storage facility…which is closed like most businesses. So either I need to work with the shippers to re-direct after the first attempt, or the wine will be attempted 3 times and returned to the shipper. I do note in all my orders that the shipping address is a BUSINESS. Anyway…just venting.

You can preempt this issue by looking at what you have outstanding and contacting the winery or shop with instructions not to ship until you confirm the date & address.

Allow me to shorten your post to eliminate the non-pertinent portions:

First world problems; whinging on a site chocked full of one percenters. rolleyes Don’t worry mate, I’m sure you’ll survive this horrid wine ordeal you’re suffering over. (while the rest of the world battles the pandemic)

Some people want their wine, and will complain if they don’t get it.
Others don’t want their wine, and will complain if they get it.
Don’t complain. Just tell your shippers. Then you’re finished.
Phil Jones

[rofl.gif]

But he does have a point. I can’t believe a winery or any business would ship an order that may have been placed over a month ago w/out checking with the purchaser, knowing that the shipment may end up going to a business address that may well be closed.

I did exactly this. Determined who I still expected wine from, and sent them an email to change delivery. Bedrock, which I received today, did this for me.

I have personally reached out to anyone who has a pending shipment and confirmed a correct and accurate shipping address. It’s really not that complicated and not that difficult to do.

I can tell you that the third-party shipper I use for many of my shipments is now sitting on pallets of returned wines because wineries didn’t take the time to double-check delivery addresses.

this is unfortunate as it is causing already quite busy delivery drivers to have to go back numerous times and/or causing wineries extra expenses that they just don’t need to be spending at this point.

Cheers

I just updated my shipping address over the weekend for three shipments in the next couple of weeks.
Just go to CT, see what you have coming in and update on the wineries website. I got a confirmation back from all three. Took maybe five minutes total.

As was said, be proactive. You can usually redirect a FedEx shipment to one of their facilities. UPS is more problematic. Contact the wineries.

I’m surprised the wine storage facility is closed when they should know numerous shipments will be coming in and people storing their wine may want to pick up or wine shipped to them. We have shipments coming in and going out every day. I would believe that receiving/shipping of goods on daily basis is essential to avoid what this thread is about.

Rivers-Marie did handle this very nicely. However, at appears that my shipment, sent on Monday, is going to sit in the UPS warehouse over the weekend and be delivered next Monday. It’s actually the first time I’ve had wine delivered to this address, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but the UPS time in transit estimate had it originally arriving on Thursday. My bad, not R-M’s fault, but kind of a bummer. At least it’s not the peak of summer heat (though it will be near the 80s here).