TN: 2016 Saxum Hexe

rocking the vinyl on a beautiful Sunday afternoon with a golf buddy, Pink Floyd Another Brick in the Wall, We Don’t Need No Education!
finished a 17 Myriad Cabernet, very tasty
then moved on to the sexxxy Hexe
a;most would consider this a great Paso Grape Cioppino! (54 G, 13 PS, 10 S, 9 Mataro, 7 Z, 5 T)
great dark rich color
wonderful fresh nose with a wide bouquet of velvety scents with a bit of mineral and sweet spice
flavors are hitting our palate like jukebox playing a bunch of good songs at once, it’s a party!
it’s gotta be the Zin that brings the spice notes or is it the PS, like riding a Unicorn
all good, down the hatch

Thanks for taking one for the team. I have been afraid to open one thus far, but I guess it’s time to try one.

my pleasure Jay, a friend named Charlie coached me up about the fact that “they are only young once”

this wine may evolve a little due to intergrape integration but not because of much else I think

cheers

Tried one a Month ago. No notes taken but over the last few years I frequently felt it was a mistake to open young a Saxum. Did not feel that way with the Hexe but some more time would help imo.

+1 there was a time recently where they were going for ageiness
thank god that is over with grouphug

my buddy and I really enjoyed a 2017 G2 the other day essentially right off the truck

cheers

I have found, for my taste, the Paderewski gives the most pleasure young. Although I have never been afraid to drink any of them young and prefer to drink them “too early” as opposed to too late.

How does Hexe compare with Paderewski? They seem to be similar in concept. Just wondering of Hexe was worth the 50% premium to Paderewski.

hexe is longer aged grenache, i believe with <10% zin which is obviously similar to paderewski but paderewski has no grenache. i may be wrong it happens often.
i have a few bottles but haven’t had the pleasure of having any yet.

hard to say the Hexe is that sexxxy, more of a unique/awesome blind date you’ve never had the pleasure previously

Paderewski is more masculine as its Syrah based and is very very tasty, like you know what’s happening

cheers

Did you pop and pour this or decant the Hexe? Thinking of trying one soon.

PnP