TN: Ridge Zin PasoRobles '18....(short/boring)

My Z-List shipment arrived last week, so cracked last night:

1. Ridge Zin PasoRobles BenitoDusiRanch/PasoRobles/SLOCnty (100% Zin; 14.8%; bttld 12/19; Drk: 10/19-10/26: EB;
    4.7% water addition) 2018
    : Dark color; strong dusty/OV strong blackberry/boysenberry/PR Zin/plummy/very spicy not overripe/jammy very light vanilla/Ridge oak lovely nose; lightly tart/tangy very spicy/blackberry/boysenberry/Zin light pencilly/Ridge oak/vanilla rather dusty/OV lovely flavor w/ light ripe/smooth tannins; very long/lingering ripe/very spicy/blackberry/Zin light vanilla/Ridge oak finish w/ light ripe tannins; doesn’t show the very ripe/Smuckers blackberry jammy character it often has; more like a NorthCoast Zin; reminds some of the early Eberle SauretVnyd Zins but w/ more fruit; not your usual PR Zin. $35.00/$31.50 (Z-List)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. I have, of course, followed the Ridge DusiRanch Zins from the very start. The early ones were harvested at lower alcohols as Draper wanted to avoid the overripe character that most Paso Zins of that era showed. They showed a rather green/chalky character and were not very attractive. When Draper started picking a bit later, they were much better, though (mostly) avoided the overripe character of many Paso Zins. But sometimes the sugars did get out of hand and they made a LateHrvst or Essence Zin.
    One HdR, Paul & Eric took me by to visit & tour Beni Dusi’s
    vnyd and meet Beni. Terrific old-time Italian farmer w/ a ready smile and a twinkle in his eye. I took an instant like to Beni. He was never married & getting up there in his yrs & has no heirs. When he dies, I worry what will become of the vnyd. Hopefully, Ridge will be able to buy it.
    Tom

Aww Tom, you’re scaring me.
Beni died a year ago.

Hmmmm…guess I missed that, Mitch. Now I have vague recollections of that.
Tom