First wine I've opened to drink at home in months (maybe a year): 2000 Dauvissat Clos

Yes. I rarely rarely drink at home. In the past 5 months I can remember the two times I had leftovers from dinners that I brought home (2017 Mugneret Gibourg Vosne Romanee and 2017 Comte Liger Belair Reignot). It’s been a long time since I’ve opened a bottle at home with the express intent of drinking it at home. So long I can’t even remember.

I figured since we are all quarantined in and I have no wine dinner plans for the foreseeable future I’d pop a bottle open. To commemorate the special occasion, I picked a 375ml of 2000 Dauvissat Les Clos.

SURPRISE IT WAS PREMOX’d - out of 375ml. Dark golden color. Still some acidity. But nutty and sherry.

Since I couldn’t let this night go to waste - I popped open a 2018 Lapierre Morgon “N”- just what the doctor ordered. Spicy, feral undertones, plumy ripe energetic bold dark red fruit. Plenty of acid to keep it going. Tasty tasty tasty.

half bottles of Dauvissat are treacherous. I still have 95 and 96 that need opening. Stay safe.

No wonder you’re never at home.

I’ve had this wine out of .750 and it was amazing, truly a ‘believer’ bottle, sorry
Yours was…
Pox’d

Consider me surprised by two things. Most significantly, that Fu Playa would drink a Beaujolais. That SS version is generally excellent. I have not tried the 2018 yet. And oddly, that you never drink at home. I actually prefer to enjoy fine bottles at home in a better atmosphere that I control. Don’t get me wrong, I love going out and do so often, until this last week of course, but if I’m popping a MacDaddy wine, I would really rather it be at home. With friends and family, but at home. Yes, I do not have a real baby at home like Fu, just now a college age baby. He prefers Truly, the scourge.

And you call yourself a Berserker?..

I saw a pic of the Clos on insta… that sucker was dark! Oi!

Well… when u go out for dinner on Tuesdays and drink La Tache out of magnum…

+1. Had to check if I’m seeing the right IG account

Lapierre morg what???

^^^this for sure!

Same happened to me with a 375 of Boillot Puligny Montrachet Clos de la Mouchere 2000 (except I didn’t feel like opening anything else).

lol. well played

I’m more embarrassed that I was at the table and allowed clayfu to take home the Reignots I helped pay for! [swoon.gif]

we should have fought to the death. It was delicious by the end of the night btw

Sorry hear about that Dauvissat, such a bummer. Had the 2018 Lapierre Julienas recently and found it was lacking acidity to a fault, glad to hear the Morgon is not suffering the same fate

is a 19+ year old chablis (even one with this pedigree) from half bottle (that has, I am assuming, come from the secondary market) that is oxidized “pre-mox”?

This is me being pedantic, but the way I look at, individual bottles are oxidized. The phenomenon where too many bottles are oxidized too soon is premox.

Right, and a half bottle at 19 years is probably not ‘pre’ mox, but just oxidized, I think that’s her point, and I agree

yep.

disagree. It is premature. Maybe it’s right for waxy white rhones tho