KUTCH Virtual Tasting with Jamie Kutch, This Friday @ 5PM PT/ 8PM ET

Several of us want to help beat the virus and get together virtually, with a theme of KUTCH. I have spoken to Jamie Kutch and he too wants to find some positive energy in the midst of a difficult time. We’re trying to stay connected in a time of disconnect.

I will own the hosting and coordination of the event. Based on our recent success with Zoom to do our Wine Berserker virtual events this past week, we will stay with this format. This would mean you’d have to connect via your laptop or phone, simply by accessing a meeting link.

What do I need from you? To post if you want to attend. Then, we’ll work to set this up to ensure we can capture all three US time zones. Likely this puts us into a 5PM PT/ 8PM ET start. Can we do one for ET and PT? Perhaps, but as the host I am trying to avoid eating the elephant and keep this simple: one event, with a time where both time zones can flex to help the other.

Length? We plan for an hour, which seems to be kind of the organic length of time we have been doing for the Wine Berserker events this past week. We could go longer but let’s use 60 mins as an expectation.

Format? Kutch Pinot and Chardonnay. And to reiterate keeping this simple, I suggest we encourage ANY Kutch wine to be part of the event. This encourages inclusion and prevents us from excluding people with a narrow theme.

We’d do the event sometime in the next 1-2 weeks, dependent on getting people signed up. I’d like to see us get to 9 people, which includes Jamie. That seems like a great goal to aspire for.

Please post if you would attend the event and I will get this scheduled.

Disclaimer…I feel the need to say this, given the times we live in. This ain’t Jamie’s idea, this is mine. I love the wines, I want to see fellowship.

HERE IS THE CONNECTION INFO TO GET INTO THE EVENT. Some event reminders:

–mute your line once you are in. If we end up with a lot of people, it will be smart if we can reduce the background noise.
–bring a question you want to ask Jamie. He will be covering his history, his winemaking philosophy, vineyard features across his range, etc.
–you are encouraged to open a bottle of KUTCH and then when you enter the Zoom meeting, type the wine you are drinking into the chat.
–above all, let’s have some FUN!

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 797 598 0872

One tap mobile
+13462487799,7975980872# US (Houston)
+17207072699,7975980872# US (Denver)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 797 598 0872

I’m Frank! Thanks for setting this up. Tasting with Jamie has always been fun.

Me too! I can do 5 PM PST. And I know what I’m opening.

I’d be in from Chicago area.

I’ll try to squeeze it in

This is great! I have been cooped up in San Francisco for 14 days come Monday and welcome this opportunity. Thanks for offering and setting it up! I promise to make it a lot of fun and educational… Cheers.

I’m your huckleberry.

I’d be in, time permitting, and lately I don’t see there are too many conflicts :wink:

He’s one of the few mailing lists I keep up with year over year.

I’m absolutely interested! I haven’t had the chance to meet Jamie in person yet (but will I hope), so a virtual meeting and tasting would be awesome.

Definitely interested, and 8 PM EDT works for me.

[snort.gif]

I’m in. 8pm ET whenever.

Let’s Go!

I am in as long as it isn’t too late ET. I can’t do 10PM EDT.

I’m in for this. Great idea.

I’m in from here in New Jersey!..

I have a few older Falstaff’s that I have been wanting to open…

If I can make it I’ll definitely be wearing this!
30A51E5A-0C94-4E7F-B5E7-7B915893A48F.jpeg

i’m a yes also. thanks

Very cool idea and I’d be game day/time depending.

I’d like to be invited.

im in

I’m in.