TNs: Two 2018 Chardonnays from Walter Scott

Sean’s TN yesterday for the X-Novo prompted me to open these two wines today. I think the Seven Springs has a lot of potential, but if you only ordered 1-3 bottles, I would say defer your gratification for now. The Cuvee Anne was rocking right out of the bottle - delicious, in a word.

Also a reductive petrol note here, but much less overt than with the Seven Springs.

Less coiled on the palate than the Seven Springs - frankly, this is delicious right now. Nice finish that I am still tasting as I type this. I like this bottling, as it allows me to keep my hands off the X-Novo and Seven Springs for a while!

Great nose, with a reductive petrol note and fresh melon. I almost want to say something like a honeydew melon at first glance.

Taut on the palate, with good acidity and a little bite on the finish. I can enjoy this today, but no question this is just a baby at this point.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the notes Bob. Sounds like I’m going to enjoy these if I can keep my hands of em for a bit. I’ve enjoyed more than a few 18 Combe Le Vert Chardonnays since fall. Haven’t had many other '18s yet. A few Camerons and Vincents.