The Decameron of Italian Wine

We have a relatively new free-to-read section over at the Wine Advocate and I wanted to share an article I published yesterday:

I struggle to write about the terrible hardships experienced in Italy. Finding the right tone is almost impossible. I am locked out of my adopted home, however I have never felt closer to the community I love and admire.

Giovanni Boccaccio’s The Decameron tells the story of the human ability to overcome. With that spirit in mind, I hope to pay homage to the creativity and passion that defines Italian wine.

Best,
Monica

Nice. A veritable Who’s Who of Italian wine, condensed into a moving article. But even for the homebound, aren’t 10 wines/day a bit much to go through?

Well, it is “Deca” for the Decameron and decadent!

A fun read, thanks for posting, Monica.

And a tremendous book, so apropos today, a classic worthy of reading at any time.

I gotta give you some credit. Drinking Amarone mid-day. And on the third day, after already having a mag and before finishing off with Barolo! I’m not sure how many pages I’d get through with that kind of a schedule, but I do admire the effort.

Hope you and yours stay well. [cheers.gif]

Ten wines each day for ten days is a lot. But a girl can only dream… I’m happy you enjoyed the read. Stay safe.

I showed this thread to Gérard Depardieu and he replied, “Ten bottles of wine a day? Amateurs.”

Great read. Thanks, Monica.

Thank you for sharing , Monica…great to see you posting here, even if only on a limited basis