TN: 2007 Arcadian Syrah Purisima Mountain Vineyard

• 2007 Arcadian Syrah Purisima Mountain Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley (3/20/2020)
    Day 1: Rockstar!!! Funk, menthol, gravel, raspberries, rose petals and exotic spices. Medium plus finish. Wonderful! This wine is in its sweet spot. Drink now to 2022. 94 points (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Glad to have 6 bottles. I’m gonna pop one right now to go with baby back ribs. Thanks for the note.

Joe enjoy!

Not really. My bottle is flawed with brett.

Not really. My bottle is flawed with brett.

Where did you get your bottles?

Well this won’t make it to day 2!

The only bottle that I had was shared by Joe at an event and it had a decent amount of brett as well. Not sure of others - it’s an ‘n’ of 1.

Cheers.

I bought 10 bottles from the winery. My 4 notes so far:

3/21/2020 - I WROTE: (Edit)flawed
Brett for sure. Maybe some VA.

1/21/2019 - I WROTE: (Edit)92 Points
Pop and pour, this needed 30 minutes+ to integrate and for some brett to blow off, which thankfully it did. This wine is clearly in the traditional Arcadian style, and to me, the ripe vintage is also evident with a higher content of fruit. Therefore, this wine is full of character right now, and not completely integrated. Red fruit, funk, cured meats, blood and raw beef stand out on the nose/palate. I’m glad I have 8 more, maybe drink 1 a year for the next 8 years.

3/18/2017 - I WROTE: (Edit)88 Points
Arcadian Tasting (Shari’s Condo): Decanted 30 minutes. Loads of pepper. Loads. The flavor is quite intense, with distinct beef blood. Balance is lacking here, and some heat on the finish. Overall, the positives and negatives even out to a relatively happy 88.

11/26/2016 - I WROTE: (Edit)flawed
Brett

Both of mine were bretty, but not enough to ruin the experience.