Friuli. Which wines interest you?

Guess many of us are isolated at home right now so why not sample a red or white from Friuli-Venezia Giulia and post your reflections here? I have some Cab franc in the cellar and a few interesting whites so I will post a few TNs here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friuli-Ve … iulia_wine

Your link seems broken.

There are tons of great Friuli wines out there. For example Borgo del Tiglio’s Malvasias are hands down some of the most stunning white wines from all Italy, second only to Vorberg Pinot Bianco in depth and potential to age.

Shhh! Don’t tell people how well Borgo del Tiglio wines age! :wink:

I have a good bit of Friulano and Ribolla at home brought back from Italy. A producer I particularly like is Tenuta Stella in Collio (makes an interesting sparkling ribolla even)

An excellent point.

Everybody, nevermind me and forget everything I just said.

I had 2012 Borgo del Tiglio Sauvignon (Blanc) and 2008 Jermann Vintage Tunina last Friday night and they were both drinking well. The Jermann was particularly outstanding.

The Borgo del Tiglio wines I’ve had have been outstanding. I have also been very impressed with the wines of i Clivi.

Collio Ribolla Gialla

+1000 - I love Ribolla - Girolamo Dorigo’s Ribolla Gialla is one of my favorites -

And on the red side of things; Schioppettino