Corn Wine?

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Pretty sure David brought that to our dinner at Passerotto.

You can make your own at home.

Isn’t that bourbon?

Beat me to it! [cheers.gif]

Nope. Bourbon is distilled and aged in barrel.

The bread yeast suggestion is bad, as that will impart a bread-yeasty taste, perhaps what she is getting as malt. If one were to do this, it’d be best to try it first with a “neutral” yeast (one selected for minimal aroma/flavor impact) to get a benchmark, showing the purity of whatever the hell the corn imparts.

Then, this is incomplete, since there’s no final result of the complete ferment in the video.

As an aside, one of my friends grew up on a farm in CT. Her dad made wine out of various surplus and waste material. Her favorite was made with pea shells.

Oh man, selected yeast? Then it wouldn’t be natural!

I love your friend’s dad though. Pea shells? That has to be a first. You come across something like that and you just have to sit back in awe.

Hope you’re holding up well!

Corn wine is nothing. You should try baixu, Chinese sorghum liquor. Weirdest smell I’ve ever come across in an alcoholic beverage.

Funny story [drinkers.gif]

I guess you just make wine out of whatever you have, right? I picked this up in Belize on our last trip…it tastes a lot like Port.
CW2.PNG

I made wine with Mountain Ash berries. Just because you can make wine out of it, doesn’t mean you should. But these are unprecedented times we are facing…

I made wine in a stainless steel toilet bowl…wait, nevermind…

Excuse me, pink elephants?
Damn, Greatest Generation party animals!

No nothing quite like it. Had more than my share working in China, particularly mao tai

Corn wine…better known as Tito’s after distillation!

Somethings not right with this story … 30kg of “corn wine” is about 30 liters or 40 750ml bottles. That’s about 3 bottles for each of the 14 elephants. Unless elephants metabolize alcohol very differently from humans, that seems like a drop in the bucket for them.

Yes, I realize I have too much time on my hands …