My First 100 Point Wine

2002 Dalla Valle Cabernet Sauvignon was absolute perfection the other night.

Crimson in color. 13.5% ABV. Sublime nose of black and blue fruits, violets, cedar and leather. Full bodied and well balanced. Immense and concentrated. Blackberry, blueberry, cassis liqueur and licorice on the palate. The finish is breathtaking. It blows my mind how well this bottle is showing at 18 years of age. What an absolute stunner. Without question the best bottle of Dalla Valle I have ever opened. My last two bottles will be enjoyed over the next 6-8 years.

My rating: 100 points

I have a full review on Zinfandel Chronicles. http://www.zinfandelchronicles.com/2020/03/the-first-100-point-bottle-note-on-zinfandel-chronicles/

Cheers,
Tom

Nice note. Times like these we all need a 100 point wine to help get us through.

Tom, unfortunately it was only 100 points for you. It wasn’t scored by a professional so it doesn’t count.

neener

Anyway, as I recall, that wine was damned good a few years ago. Always one of my faves. Great wine. And good that you’re drinking well.

I got a great deal on three bottles last year and drank them all. I have no idea what the score actually was but they were all great

thanks for the notes, good time to pop one of these.

My man! As usual, a great note that I very much enjoyed reading. Glad that you’re drinking well and staying healthy!

Cheers my friend! Take care!

Tom