TN: 2010 Domaine Robert Arnoux / Arnoux-Lachaux Vosne-Romanée

• 2010 Domaine Robert Arnoux / Arnoux-Lachaux Vosne-Romanée - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée (3/14/2020)
    Popped and poured from a 375ml, and drinking very well now. Red fruit, moist earth, cinnamon spice and a touch of floral on the nose. The palate is properly balanced, with the spice and earth notes expanding from the mid-palate through the finish. From half bottle I think it’s in a good place to drink now, and over the next couple of years. Hold full bottles for a while.

Posted from CellarTracker

The 05 is still very young from 0,75l.

2005 is such a beast of a vintage.

My bottle from December. Actually more open than I expected, but years still to go. Such a vintage. Nice note on the '10 David. Thanks.

• 2005 Domaine Robert Arnoux / Arnoux-Lachaux Nuits St. Georges - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges (12/8/2019)
    Lots of things in the right place here. Just starting to reveal secondary aromas, primary fruit is receding a bit and starting to show an earthy, tertiary roundness. Some nicely balanced and accentuated red cherry fruit and spice beneath the cloaking structure. Really needs a healthy decant, or just keep waiting. '05 is so strong.

I always thought 2010 is rather similar to 2005. But maybe 2010 has a bit more fruit and a hint less structure so the wines will be friendlier in their youth.

That’s what I have thought was the prevailing thoughts on 10. But I have few '10s so I can’t really say.

Thanks for the note, David. I was actually staring at a .375ml bottle of this very wine over the weekend before putting it back into it’s shelf in the cellar (I pulled .375 of 2005 Arcadian Fiddlestix instead. Sounds like I’ll be revisiting it soon based on your summation. Appreciate your sharing your experience.

wow, you’ve got tiny bottles, great vision, and a tiny shelf. How do you get the cork out of a .375 ml bottle? The 375 ml bottles are tough enough.

[snort.gif]

Haha! That actually made me laugh pretty good there Alan! :rofl: Btw, I’ve been meaning to ask you where your .375ml racks are in that new cellar of yours? :crazy_face: