Virtual National Offline to ride out Selection Sunday

It figures that Joe Lunardi’s bracketology would finally put Michigan in a region and location (Albany, NY) where I could actually go to see the game in the year in which the entire tournament is cancelled. So instead, and to help me get through the agony, how about a virtual board-wide offline for tomorrow (Sunday March 15) and, if someone wants to take the following week, each Sunday hereafter until the plague is over and people are not afraid to be in the presence of others. The virtual host picks the theme and the participants can drink to the theme, or not, at their option. Photos of you, the bottle, and the meal you eat it with are a plus.

Since I keep reading about the importance of slathering high levels of alcohol all over your body, your door knob, and everything else, to avoid virus infection, my theme for the first week will be “High ABV Wines.” What does high ABV mean? This is a problem because the law has changed and if I take the new standard, over 16%, Salil and Alf will burst into flames at the thought of it. Thus, I will take the 2017 and before TTB rule defining over 14% is high ABV.

So your mission, should you decide to accept it, it to drink a wine with a label ABV of more than 14% and post about your experience. I will create a special exception for Italian wines with a label ABV of exactly 14% because, as I recently confirmed with an Italian lawyer who is involved in representing exporters of Italian wine, cheating the tax collector is a cultural imperative and everyone knows that 14% on the label means 15.49% in the bottle. Besides, we have to support our Italian brethren, whose economy is about to collapse like you’ve never seen it before.

Are you providing stems?

We’ll be driving from FL to SC if schools are still in session but will pop a bottle when we arrive.

Bump.

I’ll pop the ‘17 Linne Calodo “Cherry Red” 15.7%
Hoping to eat out before it is too late.

We had a Tercero Verbiage - Roussane, Grenache Blanc and Viognier. I have to go deliver some sterile wipes to an employee who is self-quarantined due to a sick person in her apartment building. I will write more later.