Woodinville

Heading out to Woodinville in Aug for 3-4 days. We gravitate toward Napa Cabs/Bx Blends and Cali Central Coast Rhone Grapes/Blends. Any suggestions or “Must Visits”?

Thanks in advance

Delille, Mark Ryan, J. Bookwalter, Ste. Michelle Reserve room and Col Solare component tasting, Januik, Betz to start.

Savage Grace, Avennia, and Kevin White would make my list

Mark Ryan, Long Shadows, Pepper Bridge, Armstrong, aMaurice, Baer, Lobo Hills, Obelisco

Savage Grace is a bad recommendation based on his tastes leaning towards Napa Cab and CC Rhones, but I would stop there too for some Franc.

Kevin White, Lobo Hills and Januik all mentioned. Add Two Vintners.

Long Shadows

Fair point. Was going off my own lens.

Woodinville is incredible but with 3-4 days I would hit up the SODO tasting room complex in Seattle for sure. Sleight of Hand, Rotie, Waters (really under rated), Latta, and Kerloo are in SODO and K Vintners is not far from there.

Other must stops in my Woodinville tour not already mentioned are Trust (under rated), Dusted Valley, Fidelitas (big red mtn cabs and malbec). Second the motion on Mark Ryan, Long Shadows, Pepper Bridge. Delille is great but you can’t assess them from the wines poured in the tasting room based on my last few visits there.

Woodinville is incredible but with 3-4 days I would hit up the SODO tasting room complex in Seattle for sure. Sleight of Hand, Rotie, Waters (really under rated), Latta, and Kerloo are in SODO and K Vintners is not far from there.

Not too much farther from there I would stop by Eight Bells. I think they are only open on weekends.

I would recommend Gorman, Obelisco, DeLille, and Fidelitas.

+1 on DeLille and Gorman. Would add Sparkman Cellars.

Knowing that you lean toward Cali Cab/Bdx, I would recommend: Baer, Efeste, Page, Stevens, Fidelitas.
For scratching your Cali Central Coast Rhone itch, I would recommend: Bunnell, Avennia, Kevin White, Two Vintners

I am resurrecting this thread with a specific question: is the DeLille library tasting worth it? It sounds interesting, but the $125 fee gives me pause.

A bit of context: I’ll be in Seattle a few days in early June and I have one day when I can hit Woodinville. It just so happens they are holding a library tasting that day. I don’t think I can/want to do more than 2-3 winery visits. Based on recommendations above and in other threads I was planning on visiting DeLille, Savage Grace, and maybe Avennia.

Delille makes great wine and i have been to their former house tasting room, so don’t know exactly what the library tasting includes, but in general $125 is very steep pricing in Woodinville.

For my tasting experience and $$ any of dozen or so Woodinville producers offer comparable wines (subjective of course), with a tasting fee of $25 or less. If you know Delille and want to taste some old Harrison Hill, etc, then probably a unique experience where you need to decide if its worth it.

More of aside, from my perspective as a WA wine drinker/taster, I hope the big tasting fees don’t become the norm; a decade ago $10 for a tasting was a lot.

1 Like

Wow! $125 at DeLille!!! I moved away from the Woodinville area 11 years ago now, and I guess things have changed a bit :flushed:

(So obviously I can’t comment on whether that tasting is worth it, but back then DeLille was always one of our favorite visits…)

They do have a “classic” tasting for $25, so this library experience is not the only tasting they offer. I was just wondering if anyone had actually done it. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Januik and Lauren Ashton

If you need a break from wine, do stop at Woodinville Distillery for delicious Bourbons and Rye.

N.B. I rep the whiskies here in NYC for the distributor.

1 Like

In 2013, Bacchus Capital Management bought an interest in DeLille. I’m guessing the $125 tasting fee was part of the long range plan.