Time to treat ourselves. Open a precious bottle

During these days of uncertainty, now may be time to crack open something that has been held back. I have put my last bottle of Ultramarine 2011 Rose in the fridge for tonight’s dinner. Just looking for a distraction. Anyone else?

great idea. Just bought some beautiful looking Alaskan salmon for dinner. I think we’ll go 2002 Frédéric Magnien Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Pruliers

I think this is a fantastic idea. Was thinking that when I popped a 1995 Joguet last night, and perhaps tonight, go big.

Opened a 2011 Backus last weekend. Champagne is already free flowing daily for the past month.

Perhaps something good this weekend to cheer myself up.

Excellent idea indeed. Having burgers (Wahlburger patties, if you have to know) tonight so will consider opening a high end bottle to treat ourselves.

This occurred to me this am when getting ready for work. Mine won’t be super high end but a nice wine never the less: 2013 Hyde Estate vineyard chardonnay. Hyde has been doing their own wines for a while now after mainly selling fruit to the likes of Kistler and Patz/Hall.

Indeed. The next few weeks will definitely a few nice bottles opened at my house.

Great idea! Now to have to decide which one first

Great idea. My wife is cooking salmon. I’m thinking a red Burgundy or Champagne.

I just got some BD wines. Anxious to try one of those.

It might be the best way to get through some very trying times for us all.

Yes - here’s to alcohol [cheers.gif]

Ended up with a NV Mousse Rose Effusion for starters (ok, maybe not precious but it is delicious) and a SQN Hated Hunter to pair with our burgers.

I’ve just brought home aged bottles from Mugnier, Fourrier, Clos Saint Jean, SQN, and more from the off-site cellar. We bought these wines to drink, and the next few weeks look ideal.

Cheers to you all!

[cheers.gif]

Excellent idea Robert! Still waiting for this cold to let go, but I will pull something and get it ready; maybe this weekend!

2003 Quilceda Creek tonight…notes of violets, dark fruits, roasted fennel; silky texture with incredible balance and depth; good focus on the long and savory finish. Our county is more or less shut down for the next two weeks, so we are planning to open a treasure to enjoy every night.

Stay safe!
[cheers.gif]

We are having a dinner party this weekend and I asked one of the invitees to blind me from my cellar, anything is game. Hopefully he opens some good stuff, if not, I will be opening MacDonald, some champagne, and ‘67 or ‘71 Barolo in the next few weeks.

Well I stood up a 1999 Potel Gaudichots to open for a friend who was supposed to be coming down from NY for the weekend. But he bailed on me so no reason to open it. Or rather no one to drink it with. :rage:

You can drink it by yourself. Just do it over two days so you do not feel guilty.