Pebble Beach Food & Wine

Anybody hear anything regarding this event? We were planning on going, but not sure if it will still be on due to the coronavirus hysteria

Hysteria?

Third Coast Soif in Chicago, scheduled for Sunday, was cancelled. The WVWA puts on a big, fancy auction that I believe is scheduled for the first weekend in April. I am sure there is strong consideration to at the very least postpone it if not cancel it all together. Pretty sure it’s not hysteria driving these decisions.

Agreed 100%. This is not hysteria, folks. Plenty of larger wine events and individual winery pick up parties have been cancelled or postponed - my guess is that with a large % of international wineries at Pebble Beach, they will postpone it . . .

Cheers.

Hospice du Rhone just sent off an email saying that they are still planning on moving ahead with their tastings, scheduled for April 23-25 as of now. My guess is that if the current trend continues, they will be postponing it.

The real question - will those who plan on attending these events and have already paid be able to get refunds if they cannot attend the new dates? And how will this affect these events financially?

Cheers.

High Museum in Atlanta (scheduled for next week) was just cancelled.

Carlise pickup party cancelled… I bet the Pebble Beach function is cancelled/rescheduled too.

The Cincinnati Wine Festival scheduled to begin on Friday was canceled today.

Bassin’s annual tasting/dinner for April 18 has been cancelled.