TN: 2017 Domaine Heitz-Lochardet Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières

Distinctive green bottle. On opening it looks a little broad, but dense and brooding. Half an hour later it unfurls showing pulpy, concentrated, mouth coating fruits and a citric, mineral finish. It is classically Meursault in shape, combining richness and precision. The first white that I have tried from this producer and a great introduction.

Kent. Thanks for the notes. I tasted at Heitz-Lochardet a couple of years ago and really like their wines, esp. their whites. Visit to Burgundy and Champagne - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers Had their 2016 Meursault En La Barre a week ago and it was really good for a village wine.

Nice note. Thanks so much.
I have a few coming soon.
The 2016 Heitz-Lochardet Meursault Perrieres is stunning too. One of the wines of the vintage to me.

Great. I have some 2016 Perrieres but have not opened it yet.

another MP to chase!

Yes, but given the way prices have gone up for so many producers, you should have room for a few new ones as substitutes. champagne.gif

1 Like

with a shoehorn for the cellar! Decent price on 18 Bouchard MP seen recently—$90–but i passed.

I am not sure about 2018s. The couple (although these were from Chablis) that I tasted at the Paulee on Saturday did not impress me.

Another great but seemingly hard to find (or at least lesser-known) MP bottling would be Jean-Michel Gaunoux in Meursault. I’ve only tried their 2016 but it was very good. And even being tasted just after opening, definitely promising to be a great wine.

we are drifting but I agree—I’d just buy more 17.

1 Like

I agree Alan. '17s are the real deal to my palate, up there with '14s in my book (NB. Broad generalisation)

Have liked the few Heitz-Lochardet I’ve tried, though hoped for a litttle more from the 17’ Gruyaches tasted recently. Nice but missing some depth and complexity.

Nice wine Kent.