TN: Another Ramonet 14

can’t keep my hands off 14 Ramonet PCs. Two bottles of Vergers, the second being last night, a bottle of Ruchottes a couple weeks ago also. All killer crazy good wines. Also 2 b of 17 Enseigneres which are good but not 14 level. I can’t imagine how good the grand cru wines are but at current pricing, imagine is all I will do.

Citrus and white flowers, hints of mint, incredible dense yet light midpalate, super balance and endless length. Just all you want and hope for in white Burgundy.

Funny thing is 14 is cheaper than 15-17 in some instances.

Stop already! I have managed not to touch my 1er crus from 2014…yet.

I adore the 2014s from Ramonet especially the Ruchottes. Great note.

I had the 2014 Batard from Ramonet next to the 2001 Batard from Ramonet last weekend.

The 2014 is an almost perfect young wine. Not showing much in the way of development but so balanced and intense.

The 2001 Batard was a profound wine showing all the complexity and intensity of a Ramonet that is ready to go. A perfect equilibrium of fruit to acid with all those sexy caramel notes of aged White Burgundy. WOW! That wine is incredible.

The 2014 should be even better than the 2001 with time. Shocked at the showing of this 2001. FWIW.

The '14’s are seriously good.

and as per Don’s note, 01 chez Ramonet stood above most others that vintage.

Poured away nearly every bottle of my 01 ramonet bbm. Certainly stood above everyone else in that vintage for POX in my experience. Never bought a bottle of ramonet since and never will.

Dan,

So sorry you had that experience. The 2001 I had was from a good friend who is a long term collector. So glad we were lucky to experience it in all its glory. He has had much better luck with his Batards. I do believe that the oxidation issue is better at Ramonet now FWIW.

I had a bottle of Marc Antonin Blain Batard 2015 last night. I bought 6. 3 have been advanced to oxidized. Crazy! That experience means that I will probably never buy another even though he makes the wine for his family at Gagnard-Delegrange and also helps at Blain-Gagnard. I hope that some of the new closures will help. We will see

So much great wine is getting spoiled over an issue that should not be so hard to solve.

Cheers!