Cerbaiona Cerbaiona Rosso VDT II

This is a different version than the 2013+15. That really tastes like a high class Brunello.

This is 2016+17. Lighter, higher in acid, lower in alc. It is a pleasant Rosso, and really cries for food. Also, the earlier one was €17.90, and the deal of the century. This is €14.90. Still good, but the deal does not scream.

I still can’t believe I got away with basically a combination of 13 and 15 Cerbaiona Brunello for the price it was being sold at.

UNfortunately missed these…

Just ordered 12x of the 13+15.

We pay a bit more for it here in the US of three tiered system and tariffs.

Question for those following the Cerbaiona situation more closely than I am. I have gotten an offer for a recent release of the 2015 Rosso for $60/bottle, at normal mark-up. This appears to be a recent bottling, not to be confused with the January and June 2018 bottlings that were released as NV VDT. The label is different than those releases and it is marketed as 100 percent 2015 juice, not a 2013/2015 blend.

I assume that this is a declassified release of what Matt selected as the better lots of 2015 juice, and therefore wanted to age longer? Anyone have any other information? Anyone tasted it?

Maybe we’re looking at the same offer. I just started a dedicated thread with this question. Hopefully someone has had the wine and has something to say about it.