Realm Bard 2018

Has anyone had the opportunity to taste Realm Bard 18? I’m trying to decide if I should buy a few more 16’s before they are all gone or wait for the 18’s.

Early reports are that the 18 vintage is around as good as the 16 vintage so I would anticipate a strong showing for the Bard in 18. If 16 is still around retail I’d probably snag a few but otherwise I’d wait.

Agree with Nick. Furthermore, since 2018 is supposed to be a bountiful vintage, you should not have any problems buying as much of the 2018s as you want.

Eh, ‘18 doesn’t come out until October and there are lots of ‘13-‘15 selling on auction for close to release price. I would pick ip some of those to drink now and give the ‘18s a little time to sit. I just got on the list and have picked up recent Bard on KL in the $115-$140 range.

I highly recommend finding Bard with age on it. 2014 & 2015 are drinking really nice now. The 2016 is a powerhouse in need of several years of sleep IMO.

^ This

The ‘14 is in a sweet spot, the ‘15 is getting there but still a bit oaky, the ‘13 is just phenomenal right now. Either open a ‘16 in the name of science and lower your expectations or better yet, listen to the sage advice above.

ok thank you for the advice, will look for a 2014.