TN: 2008 Karl Lawrence Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Herb Lamb (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2008 Karl Lawrence Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Herb Lamb - USA, California, Napa Valley (2/28/2020)
    Coravined one glass. Brilliant nose out of the gate, opulent Napa dark fruits that evolved nicely given some time. At 60 minutes a wonderful diverse bouquet shined through of black currants over a mellow woodsy tone. Lushishly smooth on the mouthfeel (reminiscent of a Scarecrow wine) the juice effortlessly slides over your tongue forcing you to be patient to really enjoy this wine. An elegant though somewhat angular wine relative to the wonderful flowing bouquet. Stylistically this reminds me more of a youthful ‘94 Napa Cabernet than the modern Napa incarnations. Rich blackberries and earthy body coupled with a savory long finish make this a wonderful wine with many years left in the bottle. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note. Had a 1999 of this a couple years back. So. Effin’. Good.

Great to hear Brian. I wish I still had more older vintages but I drank them all :confused:

I’m still sitting on 07/08s and after recent tastings, I am excited to give them more room to run. A nice 90 minute decant today brings out plenty of flavor but even then they have shown more than enough strength to age for years to come.

Cheers.

Such a great wine! Had the 02 a couple years ago and it was incredible. Thanks for the awesome note!