Is the Coronavirus economic impact slowing your buying?

I know it’s early days, but man…what a beating this week in the financial markets. I’m taking a breather on any large wine purchases. Am I alone here?

It has actually accellerated my buying. If I’m going to be working from home, with the kids stuck home from school, or if I’m going to be “self-quarantined”, then I’m going to need LOTS of wine. Actually, I’m not sure if it’s the coronavirus that’s accelerated my buying, or if it’s just the fact that so many great 2015 Brunellos and '16 CCRs have just come on the market at the same time as the virus hit…

No impact whatsoever.

No, why would it? If the world was ending tomorrow would you stop drinking?

I don’t make too large of purchases anymore, just filling in where needed so Im not deterred.

Not at all. If anything I’m loading up more. Probably a better investment than equities atm.

No!

Nope, age is though [cheers.gif]

No, but I’ve abstained from looking at my 401k balance.

This!

The CDC says alcohol kills the virus in vitro, so I am going to run with that in vivo.

No. Wine.com discount codes have increased our purchases.

No. The tariffs still hurt.

RT

Nope

Maybe not but I doubt anyone could finish their current cellar in 2 days.

I’ve held off on some purchases. If the pullback continues there will be some deals to be had.

Nope!

I’m waiting for the blood in the streets.

Im still making my “every day purchases” but holding off on big ones, as I do think there will be blood in the streets. At which point I’m either going to need the money or will have it to pounce on some nice deals.

I’d probably stop tomorrow.

It’s not having any effect at all on my buying. I think the hysteria will pass in a couple of months and everything will go back to normal.