Allocation Shipping Oh No's

With so many allocations shipping and unusually hot temps here in California, has anyone ever had any Spring shipping mishaps from the winery to your house/work?

Bottles with heat or freezing damage, corks popping, labels torn, broken bottles or OWC? Or FedEx/UPS trying to deliver but after 3 failed attempts, the wine is returned to the shipping hub or winery? [oops.gif]

I do not understand why any winery would ship wine within the state of California on any day other than a Monday or Tuesday. I have had wineries ship on a Wednesday and in one case on a Thursday and then they miss the delivery on Friday so its sits in a truck or warehouse somewhere at God only knows what sort of temperature. I have also had wineries ship in the month of May or June thinking that was ok, which is just not smart.

Seven Stones shipped last year to me in early August when it was 86 degrees (as I measured in middle of the day) without any prior confirmation. When I called they were completely unapologetic, claiming some forecast or other said it would be under 80 (as if even that excused it?). Wines were fine but needless to say my scarcer Napa dollars will be going elsewhere.