Myriad 2018

I just noticed that Mike has his Napa 2018 cab up on the website. No email notice but just saw it there…

Oh the money goes :slight_smile:

Very strange. I didn’t get an email either. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, super strange. No email and my last Myriad Napa Cab purchases were all in mid-August. I ordered a few, but half expecting to hear that their web-nerd made a mistake and released the 2018 Napa cab too early…

I feel like the Syrah release is late but it could just be me.

March 17th

Order In…

Thanks for the heads up…order in.

Hi All,

The 2018 Myriad Napa Cabernet is slated for the August release, and yes this “head wine-nerd” was doing exactly that, working on the back office platforms and a new website. To those few who popped in and placed an order, please note: that these wines will not ship until October as the Cabernets are still in barrel.

The Myriad Syrah release is coming up in March. March 12th for A-List and March 17th for Tier One. We have a new 100% whole cluster this year, Myriad Sangiacomo Vineyard Syrah 100% whole cluster. The Syrah and Semillon will begin shipping in April. Thank you as always for all your support. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out, Leah@myriadcellars.com.

Enjoy the weekend
Leah Smith

Appreciate the update, thx Leah.

drooling

I’ve only had one Myriad Syrah so far, which was the 2014 Las Madres Whole Cluster. I LOVED it, especially for the very savory notes (e.g., olive, meat) and the smooth mouthfeel. I want to buy some of the upcoming release, but I’m not sure which ones to focus on. If I’m looking for a savory cool climate Syrah, should I stick to Las Madres Whole Cluster or do you think any of the other cuvees tends to outshine it?

It is late, it used to release around the Super Bowl.

They are all whole cool climate. Las Madres is Carneros, Sangiacomo is Petaluma Gap and Halcon is Yorkville Highlands 1,400’ above sea level. All very good.

Actually 2400ft. Due to snow tonight :wink:.

Paul

[wow.gif]

So when is budbreak for those vines?

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^
newhere

Sorry for delay in responding Greg, busy pruning off the grid the last few days. Most of our buds are still shut tight. Just a very small percentage starting to swell a little. So, no frost exposure as yet.
The warmth forecast this week (mid-60s for highs) is a little concerning but hopefully the cool temps (highs in mid 40s) the last few days will dissuade the vines from any foolish moves.
Our big risk is always a cold Alaskan front in early April than brings snow. Fingers crossed on that!

Paul