TN: 2015 Bernard Boisson-Vadot Bourgogne Blanc (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc)

As these matters are nowadays considered relevant I suppose it is worthwhile to mention that this was closed with a long Diam10 cork and there was extremely little air space between the cork and the wine.

I bought this bottle in Bordeaux of all places and paid 27 Euros. At that price it delivers excellent value as for my palate it really is a high quality Meursault in Bourgogne Blanc’s clothing. It is hugely drinkable right now and very gastronomic but might gain some from further cellaring.

• 2015 Bernard Boisson-Vadot Bourgogne Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc (20.2.2020)
    Intoxicating, very bright on the nose with notes of sea breeze, tangy lemon, hazelnut and smoke. So articulate and refined. On the palate it has really excellent concentration: there is good volume yet it maintains a firm mouthfeel. It is no exotic fruit bomb but I hesitate to call it restrained - except perhaps for the vintage. Citrusy and crisp with some white peach and very attractive nutty notes. Aerial - while it does not have the 2014 acidity it is a beautiful expression in its own right and I can’t see it lacking anything. The finish is very long with a lingering saltiness. This is a really, really good bottle of Chardonnay and a definite rebuy for me.

Posted from CellarTracker