TN: 2016 Sandhi Wines Chardonnay Bentrock

• 2016 Sandhi Wines Chardonnay Bentrock - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (2/19/2020)
    Initial impression is about bright acidity, and lemony fruit. Later on some light oak spice enters the picture. Under all of it there is a salty/stony base. It fleshes out a little bit with air, but still keeps its focus, while picking up riper tree fruit (white peach?), some green notes (lime zest, basil) and a touch of creaminess. This is my first full bottle of Sandhi Chardonnay, and I like the style.

Posted from CellarTracker

I had a bottle of Westerly from bentrock and this could have been my note.

That vineyard is owned by Stan Kronke of screaming eagle Fame and the ranch also is home to the radian vineyard and another that escapes me.

The third vineyard is probably Puerta del Mar, a small vineyard further to the west (near Hwy 1) and just outside the SRH appellation. They’re all part of the Rancho Salsipuedes property originally purchased by CalPERS and developed by Premier Pacific, later sold as part of unwinding the PP bankruptcy when CalPERS decided to stop investing in vineyard properties.

-Al
salsip.jpg

The 2017 releases coming this Spring are excellent as well.

I think I read that somewhere. :wink: