Burgundy tasting sites and ratings

Not a huge burgundy drinker but would like to know who does the best burgundy ratings and tasting notes? Thanks

If you are just starting out, I don’t think you can do better than Allen Meadows’ Burghound. The site focuses on Burgundy reviews (some Champagne and US Pinot Noir on occasion) and has the most comprehensive coverage of producers. Bill Nanson’s Burgundy-Report is another very informative source with great pictures and more broad-based coverage of the region. William Kelley of the Wine Advocate, who graciously posts here, is extremely knowledgeable and a great source for emerging producers. Finally, last mentioned, but certainly in the top tier, are Neal Martin and Stephen Tanzer at Vinous, both of whom include Burgundy among the regions they cover.

I would add Jasper Morris to the list of top tier reviewers, and would second Burghound as being the most influential of them all.

Thank you!

I’ll add John Gilman’s View From The Cellar. Does Claude Kolm still publish Fine Wine Review?

Oh yea how did I forget these 2 gems, both these fellows are worthy of your attention as well

Allen Meadows by far is the most comprehensive and does an excellent job. However, my palate seems to align better with that of John Gilman (A View from the Cellar) and so his reviews are the best for me. I have not read the Wine Advocate since William Kelley started doing Burgundy reviews there (or for many years prior to that) but I very much enjoy his posts here and so assume that he does a great job as well.

Also, don’t ignore this board. Some wonderful Burgundy threads. A couple include

Friends,

I would add SARAH MARSH and her annual publication on BURGUNDY. She is the true heir to Clive Coates and does an excellent job. Check it out…

SINCERELY JOHAN

I like Bill Nanson’s Burgundy Report very much. He has many new and “off the beaten path” producers. He reviews wines, usually by appellation but he also showcases producers. Reports over two years old are available to non-subscribers. I’m a subscriber.